No announcement yet.

Garden snob!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now do you mean geraniums or pelagoniums? Seeing as they are different. But then I love both, especially the rose and lemon scented geraniums.

Anyway I'm not keen on pansies, prefer violas, and those trumpet flowers (can't remember the name) which you're supposed to keep deadheading and they're really sticky...ick.
    Rachel

Trying to tame the mad thing called a garden and getting there I think!

My Garden Mayhem...inspirational blog for me I hope! - updated 16/04/09

Comment

french marigolds

reminds me of old people playing bowls in the park.
      Last edited by greendean; 08-03-2009, 10:47 PM.
      above the clouds the sun is shining and the sky is blue. if you look hard enough you can just about see it!

Comment

I'm with Piskie on the tea thing. Tea has to be made in a heated pot and served with due ceremony. The idea of a tea bag in a mug gives me the grues Yes, yes, I know. Old traf. My daughter tells me every day.

There's no flowers I don't like but I know what you mean about the Pampas Grass thing. I think it's because you see them in those awful gardens where nobody has bothered to cut the grass, nothing else is growing, the curtains are hanging off the manky widows but there's a great big Pampas Grass growing in the middle of it.

Maybe I'm just jealous. The beepin stuff never grew for me. Maybe I just didn't give it the required conditions

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I'm usually the only one drinking tea, so can a dunked teabag is all I can be bothered with, but when we have visitors, it's teapot, milk jug, sugar bowl etc
          OH loves pansies and pom pom dahlias or chrysanths. As I haven't room for the latter two , I plant the pansies.
          There isn't anything that springs to mind that I would hate, but with limited space, there's a lot of things that would be way down the queue to get a place.
          I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
          Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

At the allotment I try to have flowers that are good for bugs either to attract or distract so grow a few of those there. At home its a different story I love flowers and most of the ones you have all metioned that you hate I have. Except that dreaded IVY I hate it and it grows from next doors garden. I dont grow vegetables at home as I only have a small garden.
            Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
            and ends with backache

Comment

When i was younger there were a few plants i did not like, mainly because of their colours.
              But i now try to appreciate them for diffrent reasons.

A little like people really, if you look hard enough there's normally something you can find that's nice.
              God bless all of us.

Comment

Why people grow Monnbretia (Crocosmia) and Hemerocallis (day Lilies) defeats me. Very trendy now but they are very old fashion looking, forming unmanageable spreading clumps and taking up valuable space. They look untidy for most of the year for a scant reward of an all too brief flourish during summer when everything else is out.

Comment

I have some Monnbretia in the front garden. I think it looks fab when flowering so I'll forgive it looking messy for the rest of the time
                  Rachel

Trying to tame the mad thing called a garden and getting there I think!

My Garden Mayhem...inspirational blog for me I hope! - updated 16/04/09

Comment

On the teabag vs. teapot thing, I gave in to tea-bags years ago. I drink tea all day, but only me, so it would be a terrible waste (of time and tea) to make a pot every time. I do have a lovely tall bone china mug/cup though The sugar spoon wouldn't be an issue because if even a granule of sugar made it into my tea I couldn't drink it....

Comment

I dont like fushias, bizzie lizzies or geraniums either, talking of pampas grass......did you know its meant to be code for swingers??? Apparently if you grow pampas grass in your front garden its a signal to other like minded folk that you are swingers .....dont ask me what it means if you grow it in the back garden!
                      Last edited by blue411; 09-03-2009, 08:19 AM.
                      Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

I wondered why people kept knocking at our door asking to play!!!! (Only joking) lol
                        Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

There is a particular colour of ornamental cherry that appears everywhere in the spring, a really vibrant, barbie pink. I really can't stand it. I'm sure it looks wonderful in Japan, and I know that it celebrates spring and everyone goes to see the blossom, but for me the colour is too vibrant for spring when everything should be yellow or purple (hmmm pretty vibrant colours as well, but you know what I mean).
                          Nell

Comment

Dont know whats the matter with you pansy haters, wonderful resilient little things I cant abide pink in general so very little of that makes it into the flower beds. Mostly I am just grateful if stuff grows and flowers
                            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by blue411 View Post
                              I dont like fushias, bizzie lizzies or geraniums either, talking of pampas grass......did you know its meant to be code for swingers??? Apparently if you grow pampas grass in your front garden its a signal to other like minded folk that you are swingers .....dont ask me what it means if you grow it in the back garden!
                              Been listening to Scott Mills?
                              I've got a tall grass in my front garden, but I've never had any invitations thank goodness

Comment

LOL! yes Sarzwix i have, and ever since i cant help smilling when i walk past people gardens and just wondering if its true..............
                                Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X