Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yellow strawberry View Post
    i have some very funny family drunken memories about pampas grass
    ...You do know the story about Pampas Grass planted in the front garden don't you YS

Comment

i do now,,,but luckily it has nothing to do with that
      http://pumpkinpatch1.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by yellow strawberry View Post
        i do now,,,but luckily it has nothing to do with that
        Phew!! You had me worried!!!

Comment

Goes off to plant pampas grass in front garden for a laugh

Comment

Originally posted by TEB View Post
            I have a deep abiding hate for pampas grass, dont know why.
            Seconded. It's also a real pain to get rid off, as it doesn't burn well, doesn't rot well and it's too tall for those council garden bins (a neighbour just found all this out, lol!).

Also can't stand Hydrangeas. Short flowering period followed by sorry looking excuses for petals. Yuck!

Not keen on Crocosmia, either. I love the flowers, but it's soooooo short a time and it looks all limp and boring for most of the year. Am thinking of digging mine up and putting it on Freecycle, then I can use the space for beans!

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
              Goes off to plant pampas grass in front garden for a laugh
              ...there'll be rumours!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                ...there'll be rumours!!
                cool, will give the neighbours something else to talk about me about .... i love rumours, i tell my next door neighbour loads of rumours about me .... keeps em all on their toes when he tells the neighbours .... like the time with the goat ....... and the mormons

Comment

Originally posted by Irie Jan View Post
                  I cant think of anything plant or flower wise I don't like at the moment! It is all nature and has its place in the chain of life!

As for the teaspoon thing Ohhh dont get me started none of you would want to come in my office!! A couple of the lads are buggers for stiring their tea and then puting the soaking dripping wet spoon in the sugar pot for the next person to use! yuck It is one of my few pet hates as well!
                  Granted, things have their place but I don't think we'd miss bizzie lizzies at all. There must be something you'd not welcome in your space, Irie.
                  Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

When i lived at home my dad worked for a florist from home, he used to make up wreaths for funerals, he used loads of chrysanths and also carnations, hated those flowers for years as they always reminded me of people being really sad when they came to collect the wreaths.
                    Don't mind chrysanths as much now but still hate carnations.
                    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

a house down the road from me (civvie, not military) has a combination of Pampas and Verbena Bonariensis in three large clumps - it works really well and looks quite stylish - or maybe I am just common

I'm still trying to find something I can add here that I don't like, but I honestly can't
                      aka
                      Suzie

Comment

Last Spring hundreds of sparrows (or maybe dozens moving very quickly) stripped the neighbours pampas grass of all the frondy bits at the top - they were all bare within a few weeks. I don't know whether they were after seeds or nesting material but it was lovely to watch and listen too, so pampas isn't all bad!

Personally I can't bear any type of cactus, unless it's in a desert - never in a garden, and never, never in my house!
                        Never say never!

Comment

Pet hate is decorative grasses! What gives? just want to take a strimmer to them....lol
                          Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
                            What gives?
                            movement darlink movement
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

Grape Hyacinth - Oh don't get me going on that. I loath them.

Possibly because they seed themselves everywhere - I dig up these pesky things every year and can never seem to win. You can't even compost them.

Now I find the snowdrops have started popping up every where. I like them but why do they have to be so gregarious?

Any one wants some snowdrops? I have no qualms about throwing away the muscari but snowdrops............

By the way I hated hydrangeas as well - but I found one in a neighbours garden that I really liked. I was admiring it once and it got given to me - and it really flourishes. Nothing like a change of heart to make a garden develop in different ways.

Ann

Comment

I don't like anything spiky either

Our pampas grass should be going TOMORROW! yay, the conifer man is going to dig it out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X