Garden snob!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEB View Post
    I have a deep abiding hate for pampas grass, dont know why.
    Oh me too! It took me about a week, on and off, to remove the one that was a fixture when we bought the house.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by rana View Post
      Why people grow Monnbretia (Crocosmia) and Hemerocallis (day Lilies) defeats me. Very trendy now but they are very old fashion looking, forming unmanageable spreading clumps and taking up valuable space. They look untidy for most of the year for a scant reward of an all too brief flourish during summer when everything else is out.
      The petals of hemerocallis makes a brilliant addition to salads. They are served up Chez Flum in due season.

Comment

Death's too good for Russian Vine. Already mentioned Pampas Grass.
        I love a terracotta pot of old fashioned red geraniums (or Pelargoniums if you want to be posh/accurate!) Pansies give you colour in pots and tubs all winter, and busy lizzies are the only thing that will flower in my Ma's shady back yard so I buy her some for her June birthday every year. She also has fading eyesight, so the brasher, the barbi-er the better, or she can't see them! There's a plant for every purpose (except Russian Vine and Pampas, obviously!)

Comment

i hate pink .... and when i moved in, every flower in the garden was pink ... so i had no flowers for ages cos i had to pull them up i do allow pink things in the wildflower patch as long as theres not too many of them but never intentionally buy anything pink, unless it has a very weird flower and doesn't come in black purple or red then i may relent.

Comment

I honestly can't think of any I hate....although I'm starting to resent the borders we've inherited in our front garden...absolutely chock~a~block with spring bulbs...crocus/bluebell/daffs & grape hyacinth....very pretty whilst in flower but incredibly scruffy looking once they've seen their best & because they're so jam packed tricky to do anything once they've finished.This year I think they're all coming out!(so actually...don't particularly like grape hyacinth & daffs are beautiful in parks/fields & by the side of roads etc...but not in my front yard!!)
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

i dug all my bluebells up last year for the same reason... but somehow theres hundreds again ... dunno how that happened i got em all out that grew last year.

Comment

So there's a bit of positive encouragement!!!Cheers Lynda!!!...My problem is whatto do with them all once dug up...would seem such a waste to just throw them all out...keep your eyes peeled on the Seed Swap!!!

Comment

I can't be doing with Mahonia - Grrrrr!!

Comment

i'm gonna plant them at the bottom of the garden behind the hedge lol ... i love seeing them in spring but once the flowers go i hate all the manky leaves lol

no probs di lol ... they must divide or something, dunno, but it's annoying.

Comment

Grape hyacinths are an absolute beggar to get rid of. I've been digging them out for 9 years. I still get a few each year coming from any tiny little bulb I missed.

Comment

You're even more encouraging than Lynda,Aunti Flum!!!9 years!!!??

Comment

I hate begonias.

Comment

Quote: Death's too good for Russian Vine.

I quite agree with you Flum, my neighbour has one of these mile-a-minute things on the fence and not only does it shade my garden, but it has clambered up into an apple tree and is a real bugger, because the more you cut it back the more it seems to regenerate and grow even more strands.

Gardening should always be a pleasure and never a chore,only someone forgot to tell the weeds

"If you don't have a plan, a goal for yourself, then you are almost certainly a part of someone else's"

"The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dream is you"

Comment

I cant think of anything plant or flower wise I don't like at the moment! It is all nature and has its place in the chain of life!

As for the teaspoon thing Ohhh dont get me started none of you would want to come in my office!! A couple of the lads are buggers for stiring their tea and then puting the soaking dripping wet spoon in the sugar pot for the next person to use! yuck It is one of my few pet hates as well!
                              Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

i have some very funny family drunken memories about pampas grass
                                http://pumpkinpatch1.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X