No announcement yet.

Garden snob!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How could you Redthorn grasses are wonderful,tactile beautiful plants! Just been bought stipa gigantea for my birthday-I've wanted one for ages. Can't wait to see it fully grown and looking lovley and graceful.
    Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

My big grass is going to have to get dug out because it's grown much bigger than it was supposed to and hangs over the wall, making it a bit lethal for the eyes of anyone walking past Also, it's smothering the clematis next to it a bit. I think the wrong seeds must have been in the packet I sowed because it's supposed be 'blue' grass and about 3ft, and it's actually green and about 5ft

Comment

Well it looks as if Irie Jan, Piskieinboots and myself could walk round any large garden and find nothing we don't like.
        God bless all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by The Reverend View Post
          Well it looks as if Irie Jan, Piskieinboots and myself could walk round any large garden and find nothing we don't like.
          aren't we the lucky ones

I think we should start a club for 'Save the Pampas'
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by TEB View Post
            I have a deep abiding hate for pampas grass, dont know why.
            Me too.......very 1975. What worries me is that a new B&Q near us has surrounded itself with the stuff. This means either one of two things; B&Q are SERIOUSLY out of touch with current gardening trends and this is probably not good for a large garden retailer or (and possibly worse) B&Q are seriously IN touch with current gardening trends and the awful stuff is about to make a comeback.
            Or, I suppose, possibly three and you've got to be a swinger to work for B&Q.
            Last edited by bluemoon; 10-03-2009, 09:54 AM.
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
              aren't we the lucky ones

I'll start one for 'Save the Muscari', I'll gladly take any off Grapes hands if they want to PM me!!

Comment

I love muscari too. At a previous house I used to have them growing beneath a forsythia bush and they always flowered together and looked lovely. Don't know if it was due to global warming or what, but by the time we moved the forsythia was flowering a good month before the muscari and had done for about five years.
                Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by lettucegrow! View Post
                  Granted, things have their place but I don't think we'd miss bizzie lizzies at all. There must be something you'd not welcome in your space, Irie.
                  Well I suppose thinking on it! Apart from weeds, perhaps the only thing I don't like at the moment is periwinkle! Years ago I took just a few small roots from my mum in-laws garden. Tended and kept under control it is sort of ok, however for years I did not do any gardening and the horrid stuff just took over. The way it grows it is much like a weed anyway! What was I thinking having the stuff in the first place?? I cleared most of it late last year but still have more to dig up, ouch My poor back lol
                  Last edited by Irie Jan; 10-03-2009, 10:32 AM.
                  Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                    I'll start one for 'Save the Muscari', I'll gladly take any off Grapes hands if they want to PM me!!
                    If you're serious Becki,just say the word...I imagine I need to wait till they've finished flowering,but at least some of them will be coming out this year & I really don't want to throw them out!(will probably be mixed with a fair few daffs )
                    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                      aren't we the lucky ones

I used to have some pampas grass in my back garden years and years ago but it died off. Also my old cat I had then used to chew on it and choke, silly thing, I would find him gagging like mad, not in the same way as cats do when they eat normal grass, he used to scare me when he got hold of that stuff!
                      Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                        If you're serious Becki,just say the word...I imagine I need to wait till they've finished flowering,but at least some of them will be coming out this year & I really don't want to throw them out!(will probably be mixed with a fair few daffs )
                        I'm PMing you now!!

Comment

so what does it mean when the pampas grass is planted in the back garden? Keep it clean folks!!
                          Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

I love muscari and snowdrops. If anyone wanted to send some my way, I'd pay postage.
                            Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
                              I love muscari and snowdrops. If anyone wanted to send some my way, I'd pay postage.
                              me too!!
                              aka
                              Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                                And Ivy, I HATE ivy.
                                Same here. Any gardening guru who recommends ivy as low-maintenance should be shot, IMHO - I get sick of cutting back the stuff planted by a previous owner and growing up the front of our house, back of house, fence, etc...

I have a soft spot for fuchsias as my favourite aunt grew them, but I only have the old hardy small-flowered variety, which is much less blowsy than most. Can't be bothered with bedding plants or any other ornamental that takes effort!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X