This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by janeyo View Post
    I want to eat at allotment lady's house eveyday cos she has a starter and a pud!

YUM.
    your welcome anytime xxx will pop one of my choclate puds in with your grapevine...
    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

• Now I am salivating all over the keyboard, not a pretty sight lol

Comment

• Stop Press, OH is cooking tomorrow!!

He has a thing about chicken kebabs so has looked up loads of recipes and is off to marinade the chicken tonight. Mine of course will be with the obligatory quorn pieces.

Served in pitta breads. Sounds nice.

Comment

• Prawn Pilau tonight - nice and quick, tastes delicious and somehow comes out looking like one of those meals in a glossy magazine - I think it must be one of those idiot proof recipes!
          Life is too short for drama & petty things!
          So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

• Originally posted by janeyo View Post
            Stop Press, OH is cooking tomorrow!!

He has a thing about chicken kebabs so has looked up loads of recipes and is off to marinade the chicken tonight. Mine of course will be with the obligatory quorn pieces.

Served in pitta breads. Sounds nice.
            let us know if you survive lol...........passes serviettes for saliva lol

Comment

• Beans on toast as it is all i can face after a long staff meeting, just got in!
              When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Irie Jan View Post
                Tonight I will be cooking curry Goat, with coconut rice & black-eyed peas.

The meat has been seasoned in a mix of West-Indian spices, curry powder, and loads of fresh thyme. Also added is some hot fresh chilli, sliced onion, carrots, garlic, ginger and tomatoes. It has all been sitting in the fridge since Sunday evening so its all nice and spicy now!

I will add some potato to the meat later and cook it nice and slow, for a couple of hours till its nice and tender & the meat is falling off the bone! It will be a late diner tonight but worth the wait.
                STOP please, I'm drooooling! Pleeeease put recipe on here, I adore Jamaican food.

All round Jan's for Dinner.......
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Last night I made burgers with rosemary and mustard & thyme, made a Tzatziki, picked some rocket and lambs lettuce which has been growing all winter, tomatoes, red onion, pepper and warm pittas.

Tonight it's smoked mackeral but I haven't decided what to do with it, I am swinging towards a rice style of Kedgeree (without eggs as they are too fresh to hard boil)as I have some Tzatziki left over
                  Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

• Tonight I shall be mostly eating ... not much! I'm joining my retired friends in our 6-weekly Haircut Day. We have a mobile hairdresser who gives us a cut and we take turns to host it. So I know I shall be shortly having way too much lunch, with pudding! Probably a prawn sandwich or summat.
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• We'll (finally) finish the huge amount of sausage goulash I made on Monday! I'm not a huge fan of eating the same thing every night - enjoy the cooking too much! Mother staying Friday and Saturday night so will enjoy planning some nice meals for that.

We'll have a baby leaf, mozzarella and avocado salad to follow. Glass of something red, some nice bottles of French wine in cellar, so maybe one of those. Pud will be a Ferrero Rocher (Meester Ambassador?) as we strangely have a box of them knocking around.

Happy Haircut Day Flum! (and anyone else celebrating it )
                      I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

• Now no drooling from janeyo heres tonights menu

starter salmon and pesto wraps

main chicken stuffed with peppers, cheese and herbs, with roast potatoes, asapargus spears and carrots

dessert homemade chocolate cheesecske served with raspberries

Comment

• Tonight...Rabbit stew & dumplings...with some ickle whole carrots that I late sowed last year.
                          (never bother with pudding....usually gets wasted anyway....and AlotmentLady.....do you always do starter/main & pudding???....you're good!!
                          P.S...Sparkling shiraz IS very nice....but also incredibly lethal!!
                          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                            STOP please, I'm drooooling! Pleeeease put recipe on here, I adore Jamaican food.

All round Jan's for Dinner.......
                            yeah alright dinner at mine, next week though please!! Let me get the house straight after the carpets are done and the place is all nice and posh again!

G4
                            Have a look on the all things hot and chilli like group! lol I just posted a wicked version of Jerk chicken on there! Also on that thread is a chilli heads rice and peas recipe! you will have to come for dinner some time, we will talk about that one soon! The summer would be good to do the Jerk Chicken, as can cook it on the BBQ nicer flavor! Bring the red stripe larger and the Rum cream! lol

Tonight will be salmon and boiled or mash potatoes with some peas and what ever other veg I can find! Rread on for G4's request

Well ok here goes!

Curry Goat recipe, No problem Mon! LOL

2 lb Goat or Mutton cut into 1 inch cubes. Larger if meat is still on the bone, better flavor!
                            1 or 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
                            2 Large Tomatoes, peeled and seeded and coarsely chopped
                            2 Med Onions, chopped
                            1 to2 Scallion with top, minced or chopped fine
                            1 Shallot, sliced
                            1 Chilli, Scotch Bonnet (HOT!) seeded and minced, yeah right so says recipe don’t make me laugh leave the seeds in and slice it quite fine then add another chilli for good measure well that’s me lol)
                            3 tblsp Madras Type Curry powder
                            ½ tblsp Duns River, or similar type, All purpose seasoning (look in Te@co, world food isle!!)
                            Salt
                            Pepper, freshly ground
                            2 tblsp Butter
                            No more than ¼ cup Oil, vegetable, for frying
                            2 ½ cups Water

*Optional root vege can be added during cooking*

Place meat in the large bowl and add the garlic, tomatoes, onions, scallion, shallot, chile, curry powder, All-purpose seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix them together well, rub well into the meat and allow the meat to marinate for at least 30 minutes So says recipe?? *You nah redi fi dis yet gal! I change it here, if you can keep your mitts off for at least 24 if not 48 hours b4 cooking, so much the better!* (*What; you only waiting 10 mins?? I saw you, Leave it!! LOL*) 24 hours later, Ok then if you must; time up you can cook it now if you really can’t wait any longer!*)Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet Remove the meat from the marinade reserving the marinade, and brown the cubes in the skillet. Add the marinade, then the water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 1 1/4 hours, or until the meat is tender. (will need longer if on the bone, at least 2 hours! Taste for seasoning and serve over white rice. Red kidney beans, black eyed peas or other pigeon peas known as gungo peas can be added with rice while cooking if you want!

This dish is a legacy of the culinary mixing of the Caribbean. India's curry spices up the goat meat that is an island staple. In the States, goat meat can be found in butcher shops in Caribbean neighborhoods or in Greek neighborhoods. Here in the UK if you are lucky you can find African, Caribbean or other ethnic shops that will sell goat meat. Otherwise Mutton or Lamb can be used instead.

Enjoy Xx Irie Jan
                            Last edited by Irie Jan; 11-02-2009, 03:09 PM.
                            Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Cheers Jan - sounds fab!

We have a goat breeder at one of our local farmers markets, if I can't get any I'll go to the butcher for lamb/mutton. May give it a go at the weekend to surprise OH!

Cheers again! Irie.
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Tonight, to celebrate being laid off again, I am blowing £10 on a pizza and will eat it served with a bottle of 1996 vintage salon. Wine buffs amongst you will know just how much I am celebrating.

Well, It was bought in much better times for a fraction of its value now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X