Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roast chicken with roast spuds, honey glazed roast parsnips, last of baby leeks, and whatever other veg I can find.
    Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Roast Pheasant (first time), roast pots (homegrown), leeks (homegrown) and cabbage (bought - just cannot get these right), with a nice red.
      The cats' valet.

Comment

• veggie stew and herby dumplings, lip smacking yummy in my tummy!!
        When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

• Just had huge late lunch at Chatsworth which was delish so just cheese on toast tonight. Homemade bread though and really yummy farm cheddar, so ain't too shabby.
          I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

• I forgot to get a roast out of the freezer yesterday so we are having some Tesco Finest chicken breasts with roasted balsamic onions, pancetta and mascarpone. Not the sort of food we usually do but they were reduced to a 'stupid not to buy' price a while back and I bunged them in the freezer for an emergency Going to accompany them with steamed cauli and carrots and roast spuds, onions and carrots. Might do a quick microwave syrup sponge pud with custard.
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

• V e g g i e

P a s t a !
              Stacey x ♫

Comment

• Just mince with lottie veg and mashed potato. Plus some nice bread to dip with, ooh see the peasant in me come out.

Jam roly poly for pud

Washed down with a bottle of Nuits St George. Well, at least the wine is posh.

Comment

• Tonight its sticky BBQ chicken with garlicky roasted veg, potato wedges and roasted sweet potato wedges.
                  Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Tonight we had roast pork, which I laid on top of a layer of (our own) onions, sliced thickly, roast spuds, and roasted veg - carrots, parsnips, butternut squash and onions with some balsamic vinegar.

We've been using a lot of leeks too recently, in all sorts of ways.

And I am starting to use my slow cooker as well, chicken dishes are somewhat successful but as we are out all day, they can get a bit dry. Lamb shanks though, are absolutely divine!!!! I did one last week which included a tin of canellini beans (the first time we actually managed to use one of my stash). I think tins of beans will be a staple on our regular stocking-up run to the North (due to go in 2 weeks as it happens!!).

Comment

• Roast pork et al!

Stuffed now - no wonder I never lose weight
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                        Just mince with lottie veg and mashed potato. Plus some nice bread to dip with, ooh see the peasant in me come out.
                        Reminds me of a lovely old crofter up in Islay we got very close to over a number of years, Padraig McDermid, all he'd eat every day was mince and tatties, except when His Lordship would take him trawling for pollack in the boat when we visited. Lovely memories........
                        Last edited by HayleyB; 08-03-2009, 09:29 PM.
                        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X