This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Bren
    My plants arrived from the Netherlands yesterday and my youngest son took me to Bee and Queue after my haircut so I've stocked up on compost and grit for them. Not sure I have enough containers for them, but the ones I looked at in store were far too expensive, so will be looking on line tonight. Hope this weather lasts so I can start planting them up.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• .Good night sll.
      A very mixed day weathereise
      Didnt get a lot done in the garden but potted on some of my dahlias, tomato plants and peppers.
      I spent some of the evening catching up on the ironing while it was raining.

Flo, dont know if you have a Mr Price store in the UK but you will get pots and containers at a very reasonable price.

Good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

A misty start here, but sunshine and temps of 17c later.

Flo have you looked in Poundland or the equivalent for pots/containers they did seem to have a fair few last time I was in there.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.

Yesterday was very warm🫠. When we went to do the grory hop the car was so warm I was tempted to turn tbe aircon on. I think it's time to root out my sandals. It's not shorts weather yet but I have an awful feeling that they will be too tight.🫣

Mr GF has a hospital appointment this afternoon. I just hope the parking has improved since our last visit.

Comment

• Good Morning All You're all right about looking in the Pound shops, thank you. A bit misty here so maybe the sun will break through later, or it will rain! Anyway, lots to play with! Have a good day

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Bright and breezy with no rain on the horizon.
              Lots of bits and bobs to take care of today so it's a busy one.
              Have a good day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, it’s been a tee shirt day here It’s gone a bit dull and feels like rains on the way but it was good while it lasted.

Comment

• Same here Bren. I've been pricking out French Marigolds for the last hour or so.
                  Last edited by Florence Fennel; 01-05-2024, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• It's been nice here as well.
                    Have to stop the gardening to go and collect my grandson from after school.
                    Enjoy the evening all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon,very warm here today with the doors and windows wide open in the green house the temperature still reached 33c, decided to finish off the raised bed so removed the wood and replaced it with two 3x2 slabs, the longer the job was going on the warmer it was getting, it was pretty close to told off time but didn't want OH to get too excited finally got everything in place and now need to bolt them together. Missed yesterday due to getting things organised for the last garden club of their session, thankfully everything went well, though there was some concern for me when I told them it was a free night, hopefully that touch of madness will pass before we restart, the next meeting will be in August when they will be visiting my garden, I already have been told numerous times I will need to tidy upright need to go teas about ready, enjoy the evening and keep smiling
                      ​​​​​​
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning

Flo my marigolds have been hit and miss out of my first sowings only one germinated, the rest took ages to show.

Rary August is ages away so you'll have plenty of time to get your garden in order, unless its like Christmas that always seems ages away then suddenly its here.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          Drizzly start again but at least it’s warmer!
                          As it should be in May eh?

Domestics then gardening for me later
                          I’ll need to pamper Hibou a bit today - we’ve had a dog staying in the house for the last couple of days and she’s not been impressed one little bit!

Enjoy your day peeps…
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning.

A bit foggy here at the moment, but the sun is forecast to put in an appearance later. Yesterday ended up very warm again. My sandals came out of retirement and I was wearing short sleeves instead of a big fleece top.

Mr GF had to go for an hospital appointment in the afternoon. Most of the parking close to the doors was closed off, and even in what seemed like the outer reaches of the universe the queues to park were horrendous. It took me nearly an hour. At one point I didn't think Mr GF was going to manage to get to the doors. Nowhere of course to borrow a wheelchair! ......it's only a hospital with lots of sick people coming in daily. At least, once inside the porters helped me and got a wheelie chair. The appointment took far longer than I expected as he had to go for x-rays but the staff were lovely.

I slept really badly last night, ended up doing Sudoku on my phone in the early hours. Maybe it's time to move to the summerweight duvet.

We missed out on strawberries yesterday so I must try and get more this morning.

Comment

• Good Morning All It's fine but dull here. Have a good day

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                A bit dull and drizzley here.
                                Late on parade today .
                                Its my 80th birthday today so it's been a busy morning.
                                lots of texts and phone calls, gifts and cards.
                                My hubby surprised me with a ho,today to Rhodes.
                                I am now in a panic about who will take care of my garden and greenhous
                                Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...