Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, another damp and cool day here, some rain this afternoon.

Plenty of seed sowing and potting on the do in the GH. We seen to have a Wren popping into the lean Too carrying twigs, hope they stay longer than the robins did.

enjoy your day
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
      Grory hop tomorrow instead as we’re concentrating on domestics today. More Spring cleaning in the gites . Quite rewarding tbh! Even though I’d rather be gardening seeing as it’s not raining.
      We’ve not got our spuds in yet, so we do need to dig up the remaining levels in that patch very soon.
      OH spotted this recipe( https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/...eek-carbonara/ )so we’ll cook down and freeze them for future use. Anyone tried it? Bet it’s nice with bits of other finely chopped veggies or lardons in it too.

Enjoy your day peeps.

Last edited by Nicos; 25-04-2024, 11:23 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Height of excitement, the washing machine packed up so a trip into town to order a new one, we have realised we had the old one fitted when we bought this place and had a new kitchen, so 20 plus years old, so I guess it owes us nothing. We also realised it's not the record. the Zanussi we got as a wedding present lasted even longer, 2 washing machines in over 40 years, maybe a record?. I replaced the hob and the fan oven, so we now are nervously looking at the fridge, as that was also installed over 20 years ago.............................tight...................me?...........frugal is how I describe my self, though the wife has another phrase for it.

Comment

• That’s pretty good going Burnie!
          Sounds like Rary is rubbing off on you!!!
          Have to say though, that that’s pretty good for two well used washing machines!
          When our last one packed in I really struggled to find one which didn’t have about 40 functions
          I only use about 5 in total, and the less electrical things on it to go wrong the better as far as I am concerned!

We bought a large Bosch larder fridge back in about 1995 which we kept in the garage, then into the house extension utility room, then brought it over here when we moved….and it’s still going strong. The white is now very yellowed but it does the trick in the barn as extra chilled storage . Not bad for almost 30 years!

Comment

• We’ve had 3 washing machines in the 40 year we’ve lived here before that it we had a twin tub. They were much quicker than the automatics but I wouldn’t go back to one.

Comment

• We started out with a twin tub too Bren. I think we're on our fourth automatic, and though the last one had to be replaced because of the flood in the kitchen a couple of years ago, I think the others were exhausted due to the weekly team football strips they had to tackle!
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I think older "white goods" had a much longer lifespan than modern equivalents which seem to have built in obsolesence. I know that the first cheque I ever wrote for more than £100, (£179) was for an automatic washer in the 70s. I wandered into an electrical store at the same time as a "posh" older woman who the older salesman zoomed in on. I got the spotty teenage lad, who knew everything that I needed to know. I actually did have a laugh with the teenager when I bought a top of the range automatic washer and she bought a plug!

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Big grory hop today. I try to limit the number of journeys , so much so, we’ve got about 7 places we have to go to for different things this time, including diy and farm supplies, bank, tourist office, supermarkets, market….. Just as well tbh as we’re forecast heavy rain so won’t be able to do outdoor stuff. It’s days like this I miss having a greenhouse!

Flo- my OH was chatting to a lady in her late 80’s the other day and apparently she still washes the local team’s football kit having done it twice a week for over 30 years. Quite a commitment eh? Her machines must have been going almost nonstop!

Have a lovely day peeps. Anyone got plans for the weekend?

Comment

• Morning

It was frosty earlier, GH over night temp was 1.2c it didn't take long for the temp to jump up to 24c once it was in the sun.

Hair cut this morning not to sure after that.

Comment

• Good Morning All Fine and dry so far. Have a good day

Comment

• Good morni g all
                        A nice sunny morning with a cool breeze.
                        Lots of errands to do this morning.
                        Have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning.

It was a cold night last night, 1°C and the maximum forecast today is only 9°C, with rain later. I was quite surprised yesterday to see, and hear, hailstones battering down. I was feeling sorry for the magpies. Their nest is very high in a nearby tree. I can still just see them but their tree is slowly turning green. Another week and I imagine they will be more or less hidden from view. I think I'd feel seasick up there on windy days.

Later I need to call and see my brother in law. He's thinking of buying a lightweight wheelchair and needs advice. I've already told him I'll take him anywhere he needs to try them out. He's got an NHS one but it is really heavy. His friend struggles to push it and I can't lift it into my boot.

I also want more of the lovely ripe strawberries that I've been buying, if possible. The shop is halfway between our homes so I'll treat him to some too.

This afternoon Mr GF has a podiatrist appointment. Considering he doesn't walk very far and rarely wears shoes I don't know how he keeps getting corns.

Comment

• Your hair looks nice Bren

Comment

• Good afternoon, I think I will give up on posting photos on here I have just spent a bit of time trying to get some photos on in another thread, where it used to be quite simple things have changed and become more complicated for me, why do they alter things all the time
                              That's my moan by for now, we had a bit of frost through the night and one of my Dallas that I had our to garden off was showing frost damage, I have sprayed it with cold water and covered with paper, I will need to find room for it back in the greenhouse, after the garden club in Tuesday it should make things easier as there is a plant exchange then, some big clouds about but still sunny I actually need to go out and water the plants, hope you all have a good day amnesty happy
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                                Your hair looks nice Bren
                                Thanks Flo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X