Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunny now! Just had quite the pantomime with Frank. Imagine a ginger Tom cat sitting on the fence, Frank barking his head off, me shouting "sweeties Frank sweeties" and Himself trying to chase him away from the cat. This went on for a good 15 minutes. We'd just got him in when the Grory Hop arrived so he set off barking again and we had to barricade him at the bottom of the stairs to stop him trying to harass the delivery man. Oh for some peace and quiet. I'm hoping he's tired himself out now - he's certainly tired out me and Himself!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon, it sounds like Frank gave you the runaround Flo, it sounds funny sat here reading but it must have been frustrating for you both.

We’re having our borrowed dog here to stay the weekend after next. Be nice to have him again I do miss having a dog at times but don’t want the commitment.
      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 28-03-2024, 05:29 PM. Reason: My phone added to my message for some reason.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening .
        weather got out OK today though I missed it as I went shopping, how busy!!! I forgot about that
        Will have a read back now.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning
          Happy Good Friday to you, anything nice planned?
          Mum has an eye test appt so needs the chauffeur(me). Whether I call in and get some compost will depend how busy everywhere is.
          Site seems really slow at the moment, or is it just me?
          Last edited by Containergardener; 29-03-2024, 07:16 AM.
          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Rain again today, don't they know my water butts are full.

The vines working fine here CG are other sites coming in for you or is it just slow here?

Comment

• Morning all.

I hadn't noticed it was slow, CG. Mind you, I'm going slow today, so it could be for all I know. Fortunately, Mr Snoop is making coffee, so that might spur me into action.

M and friend leaving this morning. I imagine an afternoon nap is on the cards. At least I hope so. Too much going out and eating out... Not to mention the drinking out and in. Time for a bit of abstemiousness.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Just when I post Bren. Fails sometimes says error and then takes ages on 'working'
                Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning.

Mr GF is in the doghouse this morning. Just because he awoke early he seemed to think it was a good idea to wake me too and was annoyingly insistent. The sun was shining then but the grey murk has now gathered again.

I've been watching a couple of magpies this morning, they've renovated an old nest in a nearby tree that is still leafless, and now seem to be setting up home.

Next job is to call round at my brother in law's flat. He's just rung to say he fell last night and knocked some furniture over too. Evidently his TV no longer works. I'll try and sort his TV out and make sure that he's okay.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    Still really windy here- lots of debris on the roads yesterday.
                    The Vine is fine for me CG…well, so far at least!
                    Flo- what a handful!…that brought a smile to my face- thanks for sharing.
                    No particular plans for today. I fancy going to the local town today to get in a few Easter bits and pieces I couldn’t get the other day. We can manage without, so maybe we’ll stay home. I can guess OH’s thoughts on that

No plans for the rest of the weekend either. Just play it by ear. It’s not a bank holiday here- just Monday.
                    Good luck to those on the road today.

gf- hope your BiL is ok. Not a good day to need to have a checkup in hospital!.

Last edited by Nicos; 29-03-2024, 10:18 AM.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, a mixed bag is sunshine and showers. Nothing on the cards for today but hope you all have a lovely day whatever you’re doing! x
                      sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Bright at the moment. I've had a leisurely lie in, now for coffee. Hope all is well with your BiL GF. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good afternoon, I have been a bit busy recently what with being a taxi service for grandsons and attending a DoE presentation for one of the boys, he got his bronze award, so that's him now making progress, need to ensure that he doesn't do the same as his dad, he got his Queen's Scout award and had almost finished his DoE gold when he went abroad to work with the intention of completing it when he returned, unfortunately he returned with a lassie with him so any award work went out the window, ah the things we men give up for women😏 . Anyway between taxiing and other family duties along with getting my garden club presentation sorted out and attending various church functions this weekI have been rather busy, so sorry for not being on, today, after washing some floors I was out to the greenhouse where I have potted on some phlox, alstromria and fuchsia as well as sowing some beetroot, cabbage and sunflowers, I have also made up a tray to hold my wormary and then filled the try with acidic water which I hope will keep flatworms out,, now need to go and make the tea as we will be going out to a church service, have a good weekend and remember to pass on lots of smiles
                          ​​​​​
                          Last edited by rary; 29-03-2024, 04:49 PM.
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning
                            Rather grey now after a bright sunny start , will see what the weather does to decide if I'm gardening or not. Don't forget the clocks.
                            GF happy birthday Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240330-071155_Google.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	2577027
                            Last edited by Containergardener; 30-03-2024, 07:15 AM.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright at the moment. Mr Snoop is making the most of the weather by going out to an antiques fair in a local village. I'm holding the fort and clacking away at the computer. Will see about getting some bread on the go too.

The smiles left early. I think they were going for a quick sauna in last night's frost boiling off the fields. That and a flit around the blossom of another plum tree that has just started to flower. With any luck, this one will bear a few plums for us to try. Must work out how to keep the wasps off them.

Have a great day, everyone. And especially you, GF. Happy birthday.

Comment

• Morning

It looks like being a dry sunny day here so the laundry will soon be going out on the line. Some gardening, a stroll and visitors today.

Sending birthday wishes to GF xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X