This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon all.
    This morning started quite grey but it's sunny now. As this was the 2nd dry day in a row I cut the grass. It is still too wet really, but this time of year you have to take whatever opportunity arises. The grass was getting very long, and it needs to be short now so it doesn't smother the spring crocus later on. It's not brilliant, but definitely is shorter and neater.

I also moved some primulas which were the wrong colour in the wrong place. They may not be happy where they are now, in quite a dry place, but I shan't weep tears if they all die as I have plenty of yellow ones, which is the colour I prefer.

Had the boiler serviced today as well, so all set for the colder months.

Hope everyone's afternoon is as sunny as mine
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Arternoon … today I went norf and had a look around Brixworth. Nice Saxon church and next door .., Click image for larger version

Name:	E638B459-452C-4205-93A0-644DD5A02782.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	2554028 Click image for larger version

Name:	F42B9132-DDBA-444B-9903-C778A3557960.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	2554029
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

• No sunshine here, but no rain yet....evidently 86% chance of some in the next hour or so. The ground is already quite boggy.

I have done the grory hop. No milka advent calendars, but I did buy a galaxy one for the elderly in-law in the care home, a milky bar one for my young grand nephew (the only young child in the family) and an "extra" galaxy one. I wonder who that is for......Ho Ho Ho!.

Comment

• Well, whoever that Galaxy advent calendar is for, GF, I'm sure they'll enjoy it.

Fuel tanker drivers didn't strike during the last strike, as their union didn't support it. We've filled up our jerry cans just in case.

Comment

• Nicos your post reminded me of the time my OH got a mobile phone about 15 years ago, our son and his wife travelled down from Glasgow to visit us every weekend, for four weeks he showed her what to do, though on the fourth week he said that this was the last time he was showing her, as she needed to learn herself, the following week when OH asked him to show her how to work it he said no, it then fell to daughter in law to show her, over several weeks, how to work it
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Managed out to the garden for a wee while this afternoon, planted out some winter pansies, they should have been planted several weeks ago, but it really has been too wet, I also saw a wasp while out, never seen them as late as this. Have a good evening and smile
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening n’alln’all

Had a very successful day , but not had a chance to garden. OH managed to cut about half the grass though thank goodness as it’s growing like crazy again.
                My Milka calendar is well hidden - the other will be a gift. Good on ya gf…you’ll enjoy that - and why not!

Bramble - nice hair do - very flattering

We’re off for our Covid boosters tomorrow - not looking forward to yet another achy arm but it’ll be worth it.

Ntg - nice piccies! You’ve just reminded me that I said I’d share my mushrooming piccies. Have to do it tomorrow now….

Oh Snoop - glad you got your new phone sorted, Keep up Rary - it was Snoop not me!

Feels good having had the boiler serviced doesn’t it MH? Perfect timing for winter. No idea why but we have our serviced in the Spring…probably because it was fitted in the Spring, but I’d rather have it done before the winter.

Early night for me again. I’m starting to feel rary’s age…..
                Sleep tight…..
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Guess who’s up bright and early?
                  Yup, Hibou bouncing around the room bringing soft toys and demanding food and to be let out. So…any other nutter awake at stupido’clock.fr/uk ?

Thank goodness I had an early night!

Talking of wasps Rary, I spotted one in our cellar yesterday. There have certainly been quite a few butterflies around again.
                  We’re in for a warm weekend apparently, so thank goodness there are still some flowers for the insects.

Yesterday I also treated myself to some Lidl amaryllis .
                  Last year they were stunning for Xmas. These just need keeping cool and bright to hold them back.
                  They had some lovely Xmas roses - I sort of have a feeling that I might just be tempted. They are , after all , much lower in calories than an advent calendar and just as festive! Too early me thinks for the poinsettia - I really have no luck with those…they start dying from the moment they enter my household…they’d be sticks by Xmas !!!!

Covid vaccines later….
                  Apart from that, have a great day peeps.
                  ( Talking of flowers - I must remember to find my poppies for tomorrow.)

See ya later!
                  * tiptoes quietly away cos I can hear someone snoring…is that you Rary?…
                  Last edited by Nicos; 10-11-2022, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop this morning not too sure after that apart from a bit of sewing might even make a start on my Christmas cards.

Hope your arm's ok after Nicos xx

I'd best get on.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright out there after a chilly night. No frost though. We actually had a bit of drizzle yesterday. The forecast for today is bright sunshine, but more drizzle on the way. Next to no use for plants, mind. Fingers crossed the clouds give us a good downpour.

The smiles have caught my good mood and went chittering-chattering off. I think you might be due a visit, Rary. One odd thing about my phone, though: when I switch it on, it makes the same noise as the Metro public announcement service in Barcelona. Every time it comes on, I expect it to say "doors closing" (only in Catalan, obviously).

Lots on the cards today to make up for the interruptions of the last two days, so better get a move on.

Have a great day, everyone.
                      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 10-11-2022, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all. We had sunshine and blue sky when I opened the bedroom curtains....I even considered changing the bedclothes. We're back to normal now ...... thick grey clouds. It is expected to be unseasonably warm however. I have a vivid memory of the climatologists of the 1970s telling us we were heading into an ice age! It would appear that they were wrong.

Bren, you must be so organised.....starting your Xmas cards now. All my early "preparations" seem to revolve around food.

I hope you get away without the aching arm this time Nicos. I found the flu jab far worse.

I really like poinsettias and remember going around the Canary Islands just before Christmas on my honeymoon a good few years ago. They had massive displays of them outdoors which were stunning. I just cannot keep them alive. My Christmas cactus is in full flower now though. I have a feeling that it was a tiny Aldi special a few years ago. It sits on my kitchen windowsill and gets ignored for months on end every year.

See you later.

Comment

• Morning all. Back home now and I think the last two days driving and walking have finally caught up with me. Bit stiff and achy this morning Mrs g is off to work soon for another days training so I have the hoos to myself. Final picture from yesterday. Click image for larger version

Name:	33973076-4EA4-4CF3-ACC2-27201CB2D453.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	2554056 think I may carve one for the lotty
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

• Good morning all,
                            a dry mild day and its 15 degs.
                            It was 13 degs when I was going to bed after midnight last night, so definitely mild for the time of year,
                            Today I am out to lunch with my two school friends.
                            Picking up my grandson from creche in the afternoon.

Thanks for the compliment Nicos, my hair needed doing after spending time in the sun,

I havnt turned my thoughts to Christmas just yet but, I did buy my grandson a bike with stabilisers as the prices were going up before we went on holiday,

Nicos, I hope your arm is not too sore after your jab,
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                              Morning all. Back home now and I think the last two days driving and walking have finally caught up with me. Bit stiff and achy this morning Mrs g is off to work soon for another days training so I have the hoos to myself. Final picture from yesterday. Click image for larger version

Name:	33973076-4EA4-4CF3-ACC2-27201CB2D453.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	2554056 think I may carve one for the lotty
                              I absolutely love the "totem pole". I think you should have a go at your own. I want one now...... I do not however trust Mr GF with any saw or hammer and chisel these days. He was completely banished from going near the circular saw ever since he spent a Summer in the plastic surgery and physiotherapy department at the local hospital after attempting to amputate his index finger a few years ago.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	663E84F1-B778-45F3-8F01-9B7646AAD0E2.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	2554062 Click image for larger version

Name:	A90DD86A-DD3A-44EE-8297-814A93ABC17F.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	2554061 Lovely to see your photos ntg… here are a couple from my mushrooming trip….

This was the first time I’d seen the really poisonous one!
                                needless to say , we kept well away from it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X