Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so jealous, Bren. I'm dreading going to the dentist... I'll call one next week, honest.

Comment

• Afternoon all,i to do not like the word dentist,i do need to go,but cannot get a NHS,so might just have to go private again,dread to think about the cost now ,it is such a big chunk out of the bank,and no other help,i need to have a complete smile again,i made a bad choice last time,i had the clip ons,they better at the time,but over time they rock the tooth they clip to loose,so never again,the only dread about a palet is,i will no doubt be gaging on it,and the others are out of the question money wise,also is how long have i got left to need them ,anyway the sun is shinning out there,i fell asleep in the chair again,and lost the morning,have a good afternoon all
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
        I'm so jealous, Bren. I'm dreading going to the dentist... I'll call one next week, honest.
        Snoop, I was the same, dreading the dentist. It was only the thought of losing my tooth that made me go.
        It was so much easier than I had imagined,
        Do it and get it off your mindl 😀😀

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• 5 hours ironing later……

I know…..

So nope, I didn’t get to go swimming in the end.
          But…OH says we should go out in the camper tomorrow, and maybe stay overnight depending on how busy it is…. Yippee…well worth the humongous effort I put in today

Any one fancy a brew?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop first then a mix of gardening and house stuff with a walk later on.

Enjoy your outing Nicos.

Best get a move on back later.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Absolutely amazing storm yesterday. Went out the door and the clouds were so low I ducked! Ridiculous, but I couldn't help it. 70 litres/mm in just over an hour. Everything is sodden and we had some water ingress too. Have done the rounds this morning - no watering can today! - and not that much damage, amazingly. Anyway, didn't get that much done yesterday afternoon, as I was doing a lot of bailing of water. So an even absoluter tonner of work to get through today.

Mr Snoop now home. The dogs can't believe their luck. And neither can I, of course. The smiles were very pleased to see him too. They did a once around the area before coming home. Our village had similar rainfall but is on a hill, so the streets drained pretty well. Other villages are rivers and in one place they had huge hail as well, so the peach harvest is pretty well lost. Anyway, that chastened them a bit, but they've set off in a better mood, as the water here at least has drained into the ground or run off down the drainage channels we had made. So that's good news for us at least.

Have a great day, everyone. Especially Nicos. LD, if I phone the dentist (only private here), will you?

Comment

• Good morning from a beautiful sunny Dublin.
                A visit yo the supermarket this morning.
                I need to get a prescription renewal so I will get my walk done by walking to the surgery.
                Looking after my grandson later so need to conserve some energy for him.

Nicos, five hours ironing, that's a marathon.

Snoop, glad to hear your Mr is back home.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  5 hours ironing later……

I know…..
                  I don't think I've done five hours of ironing throughout my entire life. I once ironed a shirt for Mr Snoop just over forty years ago. And I can think of only two occasions when I've ironed stuff for myself (for special occasions, so not a huge amount). This also means that, shamefully, I rarely helped my mum do the ironing. Not sure she'd have trusted me with it.

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

We’re actually in a camp site!
                    First time I’ve been in one for almost 55 years!
                    Our nearest neighbours are easily 50 meters away…perfect!

My parents had a tiny caravan and I loved staying on farms etc at weekends when I was a toddler.
                    Today we had intended to wild camp but the two potential spots just didn’t feel ‘right’ but nearby is this wonderful site. Wow - what a difference to what I was half expecting!

I’m actually sitting here sipping a glass ( or two) of fizz trying not to think about domestic stuff I need to crack on with when I get back

Think it’s time to distract myself and get the bbq lit eh?

Snoop - Lottie…go on….get them booked!
                    Lets see who can rack up the highest bill eh?

Enjoy the rest of the day peeps…we’ll be heading home tomorrow.
                    I love my home, but I also love the freedom the camper offers!

Keep safe n’alln’all-

Last edited by Nicos; 07-07-2022, 04:42 PM.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• hi all,another warm day,snoop that sounds like some rain fall ,glad you got MR back home,hope nicos is enjoying the camper run,as for ironing,it is a lot of years i spent that much time with a hot iron in one go,when i did cleaning and ironing for a lady,if no cleaning i did the ironing for the daughter as well,it all got me a wage,but only do it now when i have to,have a good evening everyone
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Hi All,
                        Well I have just got over having two teeth out three weeks ago and the gums healing up nicely but still sensitive when any cold hit's it but like I said getting better all the time.

Posted my celery experiment update in the Teasel thread, the celery is doing very well just wish I could eat the stuff but at least the wife can enjoy it when it has matured....

Cannot seem to get the will to do anything at the moment as I had a diabetic eye test earlier and still suffering the after effects it's still like looking through a soft focus lens. All in all though getting better so I'll be out potting on later I assume.

Geoff.
                        Last edited by 1batfastard; 07-07-2022, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Evening

Sounds like you're having a good time Nicos

We usually camp on farms or with the Camping club its on schools playing fields/sports grounds they've hired during school holidays. Its a good atmosphere sometimes we bump into people we've met before or even some local to us.

Snoop and Lottie good luck with your appointments our dentist is playing catch up with patients they're really busy as expected, it was a 2 month wait from them contacting me to me getting my check up.

Enjoy your evening.

edited to say Geoff popped in while I was cooking pasta, hope you eyes soon get back to normal..
                          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 07-07-2022, 05:19 PM.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Snoop - Lottie…go on….get them booked!
                            Lets see who can rack up the highest bill eh?
                            That'll be me... I was just getting my mum fully sorted and thinking I didn't need to keep going backwards and forwards to the UK and I could get my teeth sorted when Covid happened. I have two good molars left (at least, I hope they're good). The rest... terrible. That said, I'm not spending money on implants. At one stage I was doing translations for a company that made equipment for dentists, especially implant related equipment, and I had to translate case reports with photos. I hate going to the dentist (the usual thing - fillings without anaesthetics when I was little) and the photos really were very graphic. In the end, I kept saying no so often to the agency that eventually they stopped coming back to me. Phew.

Glad your gums are on the mend, Geoff. Hope your eyes sort themselves out quickly.
                            And yes, Bren, I used to love camping holidays when I was a kid.
                            Glad you're having a good time, Nicos. Drink a glass for me, please. I've got myself in a tizz just thinking about the dentist.

Comment

• Hi again All,
                              Bren and Snoop Puss - Many thanks for the best wishes, the funny thing is they never really stung when I was given them but WOW!! getting into the sunlight this afternoon for the walk home with the wife (Sue had her diabetic eye check also) that did the trick nothing like feeling like your looking directly into the Sun eh! ?.....

Still it's on the mend that's the main thing....

Geoff.
                              Last edited by 1batfastard; 07-07-2022, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• evening all,enjoy the evening all,dentist i will say it for us both snoop cluck,bock bock cluck ,wonders which of us cracks first,if i end up private,i hope i live long enough to benefit the cost,after all,cannot leave to anyone in my will or could i hehehe,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X