This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Sorry about the sunshine, CG. It's stuck here. And nobody here wants it. Lots of the farmers are ripping up their almonds and putting in olives instead. I thought it was because olives are now commanding a higher price. There's that, but they're also thinking ahead: almonds won't survive drought but olives will. Even if there are years when they don't have a harvest, they will still have the trees.

Very interrupted day yesterday but should be relatively peaceful today, so will be able to catch up. I hope.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Sorry CG..it looks like the sun wants to stay here this morning but heading off later - maybe heading your way with the smiles?
      25C forecast though this afternoon.
      Deffo a gardening day

Bren - I’m admiring you making so many things already! You’ve probably surpassed my crochet skills already!

We heard our first cuckoo this morning. That brought a massive grin to my face. To think they’ve flown all this way from Africa. Mind you, I guess they were helped along by the strong winds this year?

I was up at Stupido’clock.fr this morning. Hibou was sick quite a bit yesterday- probably eaten something she shouldn’t have. So, I was keen to check her tummy had settled when she asked to go out. Looks ok for now.
      However, I did make the most of my early morning by making a bread and butter pudding in the new oven. Apple,raisin and blueberry for a change.

Whats everyone else up to this weekend? Me?…well, as it’s forecast to be dry , it’ll be gardening. Maybe with a quick break if there’s a local vide Grenier.
      Enjoy your day peeps. Hope the smiles have enjoyed their holidays and start dropping in on peeps
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

We have a mix of rain and sunshine today, oddly its going to be sunniest at 8pm just before the sun sets at 8.03

I'll be mostly gardening today weeding and re-homing self seeded plants.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Started out sunny but the April showers have arrived now. Baking cakes today for my middle GG. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Quite a nice morning here with clouds and some bursts of sunshine,
            Gardening today although I need to do a few errands this morning.

My son will be 50 next Wednesday so we will be having a party for family and close friends tonight.
            CG, let's compare notes when our ginger starts to grow,

Have a good day all whatever the weather.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon peeps..Its a lovley bright and sunny day here today....Going to do a bit of weeding around the beds today...Have a fab day ahead peeps.

Comment

• Good afternoon, dull and raining just now upped out to the greenhouse to put some plants out to garden off. I have pumpkin, cabbage and peas that really need potting on but not ready for doing that yet, possibly start tomorrow as I feel as if I am starting to improve, though still got a cough, anyway I think I will put this time to some use and prepare for the next garden club meeting, have a good day those with the heat and sunshine, enjoy it and get some gardening done though if there is nothing to do pop over I can let you do some here pass on the smiles
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon Strawberry Patch and Rary
                  I have planted mine Bramble, whether it does anything though
                  Was in the gh when a huge gust and haily rain came down. Seems to have calmed again so I shall toddle back out now i have supped my hot chocolate.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Just come inside to cool off!
                    Been weeding and working on the patio.
                    Then sanded down one of the patio tables. Will oil it in a minute.
                    I need more sanding discs to do the others but that will have to wait until Monday. I’m sure we have more somewhere!
                    * Tootles off to have a look.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon all.
                      Just came in for a little break.
                      I have openwork fencing against my back wall for climbing plants.
                      In the past year, or two if I am being honest, scutch grass and nettles have grown between the two.
                      I decided to bite the bullet today but, it's a tough job, both of these have deep roots.
                      It's an extremely breezy day but no rain so back out to do another bit.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Just finished! Chocolate orange muffins topped with Orange butter cream and a mini chocolate orange segment, lemon drizzle cake covered in a crunchy lemon sugar glaze. My back is now playing up, well, the whole baking session really, so painkillers with a very welcome cup of tea!

Comment

• I've made far more than she needs of the muffins and two cakes, so feel free to help yourselves

Comment

• Afternoon, good news is the sun is shining. Bad news is I’ve still got this blooming cold/virus and the back of my front tooth has disintegrated!! Think i’ve had enough!!
                            You all sound as though you’ve been very busy today, puts me to shame!
                            Cakes sound fab Flo, don’t mind if I do. Enjoy the rest of your day folks, catch you later! x
                            sigpic

Comment

• Well the sunshine didn’t last long, we now have hail!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon

I’m another one who’s been weeding, I do like Forget me nots but not in what will be my this years parsnip bed.

Jay we were supposed to have rain this afternoon instead we’ve had 4or 5 drops.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X