Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning,raining at present so won't be doing much outdoor work, but I will try and get down to the local Lidl to see if they have any apple trees on sale and if so I will stand outside and sing some songs to raise some money to buy one, but hopefully one of the staff will throw an apple tree at me I am looking for suggestions on what I could plant to grow through the branches, at present I have planted some brambles, but was thinking it would be nice to have some colour going through it as well, I will sow some climbing nasturtium to ramble through but not sure if peas or beans could be used, as I write this I have just realised I wont know till I try, so will give that a go, the soil looks very good, years of cows accessing a byer has made it very fertile so hopefully they will grow well in it, but would still like to see your suggestions. Enjoy the day hope the weather is better here you are and you can enjoy your garden, catch you later
    Last edited by rary; 14-02-2024, 09:20 AM.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning.

I'm a great aunt again. Another little boy. I must remember to post a congratulations card to my niece later today.

It's not raining here yet, but is due in the next hour.....just for a change.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
        GSnoop I meant to ask did you move to Spain just after you retired or did you wait a bit before moving😏annoys the evening folks and be good, if you an
        I'd be in my nineties now if I was retired when I came to Spain, and that was when retirement age for women was sixty, rary. Still not retired even now. But there's hope for me yet. This year, next year. Soon in any event.

Not sure if you're still referring to me in the last bit. I can be good when I choose, which is, surprisingly, most of the time. And doubtless Mr Snoop would say I can be annoying, but he won't say that today, on Valentine's Day.
        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 14-02-2024, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

Congratulations to Mrs and Mr Bramble. Breakfast must have been lovely.

Sunny again here and the birds are singing away. Still got the roosting birds in the garage and next to the kitchen, but we also had two geckos out in the garage last night. It was quite chilly, so surprising for them to be out and about.

Had a lovely walk with the dogs this morning, listening to the birds and looking at the almond blossom. The smiles were a bit perturbed when I started singing, but seeing as there was only them and the dogs to hear me, I didn't care. I love this time of year. Got a very busy day ahead today, but all just about OK in that department.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

I'd be in my nineties now if I was retired when I came to Spain
            Is that you telling me you're not in that age bracket 😁
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good evening, a cold wet day here we were thinking of going to the Clyde valley but as it was raining decided to go a GC a bit closer, while there I let OH treat me to coffee and scone, though I did carry the tray to our table😋 while there I bought some plug plants and a bramble bush was thinking of planting it in the back plot but have now decided to plant it in a large tub and grow it against the back fence then hopefully I will be able to get a rooted cutting next year for the plot on the way back home I popped into Lidl to see if they had any a apple trees on sale, sadly nothing yet but will check regularly, while there I bought a couple of seed packets, climbing and runner beans will be interesting to see if they grow in the field soil, and if so will I get a harvest or will I be feeding the wildlife, time will tell, have a relaxing evening and remember to pass on some smiles whenever you can. Goodnight 😊😊😊

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                Is that you telling me you're not in that age bracket 😁
                Well done that man. You have passed your highers in the arithmetical arts.

Comment

• Thought snoop was 30s myself
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                    Thought snoop was 30s myself
                    I was once. In fact, I was in my thirties for a whole ten years.

Comment

• Snoop Puss HA! Yes so was I
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning
                        Today the weather has decided upon fog and heavy rain, not something I fancy being out in so an indoors day.
                        Stressy day yesterday so a quiet one is required today anyway.

Anyone want a cuppa?
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Just topped up my mug of tea CG. I'm sat at my desk watching the robin they're bringing in moss just now. Plan for today is to sort out my GH not sure what else just yet.

Enjoy your day
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All It's much warmer again today and Frankiefurter is here, so that's my entertainment today! I went into town yesterday with two of the GGs and had a lovely time with them.
                            I'm still in my twenties Snoop - in my head Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

I'm still in my thirties, Flo, in the photos at least. Oddly, I'm not sure I've seen many photos of myself since then. Just the occasional photo taken on phones at family meals and the like, in which I'm mostly hidden from view. Fine by me!

So, today beckons. Not looking like it's going to be a good day. Never mind, the weekend is going to be brilliant. Friend up the valley (M) is arriving this evening and then more friends Friday night. I asked friends to bring fresh herbs and limes from the big city that I can't get here. They asked if I was planning cocktails... Must remember that one caipirinha or mojito was enough for me in my thirties. Maybe I should check out how to make lime mocktails, that way nobody would know I wasn't drinking as much as them.

First off for this morning, though, persuade Mr Snoop to make me a coffee. Anyone else want one? Put your hand up now and I'll get him to put on the big pot.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning, rather damp here this morning. Nothing in the cards today so will see what happens!!
                                Enjoy your day folks! x
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X