This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.

I had an awful night's sleep last night. I couldn't get to sleep, and when I eventually did, I couldn't stay asleep. No idea why. I ended up listening to some ancient "whodunnit" on BBC radio 4 extra.

Yesterday I got everything done that I hoped to do. As I drove past the local park I noticed carpets of purple and golden yellow crocus. (Or is it crocuses or croci?) There had been no sign whatsoever last time I drove past. I think the warm day earlier this week woke them up. While in Sainsbury's a small bunch of unopened daffodils jumped into my trolley. This morning they are all opening and just make me feel cheerful . I think yellow is the most optimistic colour.

Comment

• I love seeing them too gf. Hope you sleep better tonight.

Raining again. Groan!! Been pottering in the gh and sowing seeds, i have got cold though so i am going to light the woodburner.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
        Well a completely different bday from the one mentioned earlier
        Rary, did we miss your birthday? Apologies and belated birthday greetings and wishes if so.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Late on parade today. Got visitors and am chief cook and currently bottle washer too. I suspect Mr Snoop thinks he's done his bit on the washing-up. In Rary's manner of making jobs for his wife because it's good for her - exercise and increased flexibility - I'll let him wash the next round up.

Better shake a leg. Got a cake to make now...

Have a nice evening everyone.

Comment

• Good afternoon, got the housework done and bed made, and before anyone thinks I am good doing this, when I make the bed it guarantees that I can get a share of the blanket overhang, as someone always manages to wrap themselves in the blanket leaving me a bit short of cover, I just don't understand what happens I'm at least half her weight again and a lot stronger than she is yet it's unbelievable how she can hold on to the covers, I suppose this is one of those unexplained mysteries of married life๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ™„
            I actually got into the garden today and removed raspberry cains from the flower bed, these raspberries have moved up and down the flower bed for several years but hopefully I have now removed them permanently, after lifting them I had a break for a cuppa, unfortunately when I went back out to the garden it was torrential rain, I did get some re planted but had to call it quits as it was too wet, so headed to the greenhouse where I have put a heating cable into part of the raised bed, hopefully this works out the way I want, I am now off to prepare the tea, so I wish you all pleasant evening

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening

Rary what you need are some weights to fasten on your side of the covers thatโ€™ll stop your OH stealing them all.

Heavy rain since 4-ish CG and it might be fine tomorrow depending which weather site I look at.

Enjoy your evening
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning
                The fog has lifted and I see half the sky is dark grey and half pale blue. I am out today so won't get any sun benefit in the garden unless I go early. Dog needs walked first.

Sourdough starter has woken. See thread

Kettle has boiled, help yourself to bacon butties.
                Last edited by Containergardener; 18-02-2024, 08:25 AM.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning CG and All Dark skies here. Have a lovely Sunday
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

I did sleep a bit better last night, but was chatting to Mr GF at 4am and wandering round making a drink at 5.30am. At 5.30 the rain was hammering on the kitchen window. Now it's just dank, grey and miserable. The blackbirds were queueing up for their breakfast when I opened the curtains.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240218_090636.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	619.9 KB
ID:	2575302
                    My daffodils are now fully open and are an antidote to the grey day.

Comment

• Morning

GF my daffodils are just starting to open so I'm a bit envious of yours, they do brighten the day thanks.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        A lovely sunny morning here and its balmy 13 degs.
                        All my daffodils have been in bloom for the past week or two, must be an early variety,
                        Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Unfortunately "my" daffodils aren't actually mine. I bought them, tightly closed, in Sainsbury's a couple of days ago.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Bright outside. Friends have just left. Mr Snoop has done an absolutely amazing job this morning. All last night's washing-up, cooked breakfast for five and all the washing-up after that too. I reckon he's entitled to an afternoon nap. And I might have one too.

Good news on the starter, CG. Will pop over and look at the thread now.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.
                            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 18-02-2024, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Snoop, not my birthday, that letter b was added by mistake, though it was OHs the day before so maybe a Freudian slip possibly caused by guilt๐Ÿฅด
                              And Bren I thought I would just give a wee bit of the cover a tuck under the mattress to hold it in place so getting into bed last night I intended to pull it back out, didn't need to it was already out๐Ÿ™and my share was even less than usual, I think I will need to get into bed first, but OH goes to bed the back of ten, I go about one, so if I went first there would be some questions and severe warnings

Good afternoon a nice mild day here the temperature in the greenhouse shows 11c was at church this morning and when back home a quick bite to eat then I went out and put more cardboard down in the back plot, I still have some cardboard boxes to open up and remove all the tape, hopefully will get that done this week, then might manage to get the full plot covered with three or four layers of cardboard, was also in the greenhouse where I showed some tomato seeds, would have done more but now going up to our son's as we have been asked up for tea, have a good day and smile

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
                              Last edited by rary; 19-02-2024, 07:58 AM.
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary, if you don't have enough duvet the answer is simple.....just move over to the middle of the bed and cuddle up tight so that the duvet covers you.๐Ÿ˜‰
                                Last edited by greenishfing; 18-02-2024, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X