This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

No frost or wind here this morning its fairly mild out with occasional sunshine. Its a sort of lull before tomorrows snow.
    I'm waiting in today for a parcel hopefully it'll be hear this morning.

Enjoy your day.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning
      Frosty start, had to defrost the car. Forecast was for sun and cloud but its snowing a blizzard at the moment, not in the forecast until Thursday afternoon
      Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here and freezing cold. Have a safe journey Nicos. Have a good day All
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. It's a lovely sunny morning here but its freezing cold.
          Off out for a walk while it's still dry.
          I will call into the supermarket on the way home.

Nicos, have a good trip and enjoy the time with your grandaughter.

Containergardener....snow, dont think we have any forecast.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, it’s still sunny and drying the laundry out on the line.
            My parcels arrived around 11-ish so the rest of the days mine. Best make the most of it they’ve forecast snow all day tomorrow.

Comment

• Well after work and OH out I decided to make marmalade, a lemon and almond cske and foccacia for the slow cooker chilli tonight.
              Marmalade didn't set properly
              Cake I still haven't gor the.oven temp right
              Foccacia dough would not rise

Snow thawed though but was a cold breeze of a day.
              Last edited by Containergardener; 07-02-2024, 08:45 PM.
              Northern England.

Comment

• ^Sympathy like there, CG. x

Comment

• Morning

The forecasted snows not arrived we have plenty of rain here instead.

CG its frustrating when recipes don't work out especially ones you've made previously.

No Grory hop today we went yesterday instead, today I'm crocheting, that's after domestics.

Comment

• Morning
                    We have a frosty start. Working again.
                    We will still use the marmalade and cake, the dough went in the bin bren. Luckily OH prefers cake with crispy bits . Oven temp is off and have 2 ovens that sit at different temperatures to each other so use a thermometer. Also my mix keeps splitting . As for the dough I think flour/yeast was old but also the house wasn't warm, ive been reading about using a slow cooker as a warmer/prover . Used to bake plenty but can't seem to get it right now. I am determined not to be beaten though. Hahaha beaten - get it?
                    Ok. Doggy is looking at me saying it is time to get off there and let's go sniff for peemails.
                    Last edited by Containergardener; 08-02-2024, 08:11 AM.
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning.

I had a minor catastrophe yesterday. I was at the filling station and managed to drop my ancient smartphone on the floor. It came out of it's equally ancient case and the screen smashed.

I have been going to replace it for a couple of years but couldn't face the aggravation of setting up a new one. It had become an extension of me, so much so that when my laptop died I didn't bother replacing it as I do everything on my phone.

I bit the bullet and told Mr GF I'd have my Christmas present now.
                      It's more or less set up now, apart from the dreaded printer, but I can't say I really like it yet.

Comment

• Morning all.
                        It's raining here and an east wind, so cold with it. The forecast is for rain all day

I sympathise about the phone, GF. I tend to keep technology so long (i.e. more than 3 years!) that when I have to renew it the new stuff seems lightyears away from what I had before. Everything is different and I hanker for the old stuff.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sleet here, sner later I expect. Hope it holds off as my middle GG is at a dental practice in Chesterfield today and doesn't like driving in sner. Waiting for Grory Hop delivery. Have a good day All

Comment

• Flo its been snowing here for the past hour its settling as well.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              No snow but lashing rain and very windy with it.
                              I was meant to go into the town today but may have to wait for a better day.

I need to upgrade my phone as well as it's not holding a charge for long.
                              I dread getting a new one because it's all do different but I know I will have to bite the bullet soon.

Not really sure what the day will bring.
                              Have a good one all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                                Flo its been snowing here for the past hour its settling as well.
                                Same here now Bren. Grory Hop delivery was earlier than allotted time, the driver knew we would be anxious - nice lad

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X