Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon All. Very windy here now and raining hard. I've never been a fan of pantomime, I found them scary as a child, not sure why.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I loved pantomimes as a small child and remember going up on the stage one year to help make balloon animals.

Years later someone gave our work free tickets to a matinee and seven or eight of us "cool" twenty somethings went one free afternoon. Two of our group had never seen a pantomime as children due to non english parents. They enjoyed it more than anyone, joining in with the kids, jumping up and down shouting "Oh no he didn't", etc. The "star" was Les Dawson and he was brilliant.

Comment

• Good night all.
        Back home now after an exhausting afternoon and evening.
        One tired but very happy grandson delivered home safely to his parents.
        Two shattered grandparents heading for an early night.
        He loved every moment, it was Cinderella this year.
        Kinda glad it doesnt come around too often.
        Good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, hope you are all well. I’ve been popping in and reading your posts just not taking part, fatigue is catching up with me!
          Very windy night and heavy rain, think it’s to be like this until tonight. Oh joy!
          Finally got the tree up but took us 2 days to do it! Just did a bit at a time but got there in the end. It’s only up because our granddaughter is arriving just after Christmas, so looking forward to seeing her…and her parents of course
          Have a great day everyone, see you later. x
          sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Gosh it's a windy one! I was woken early by a clattering outside. My two 4 foot plastic cloches were the other side of the garden making a spirited attempt to climb the fence, and the frame with micromesh over it was inching along to join them. I've fetched them in for now and will search out some more tent pegs to pin them down - they had a couple of bricks on the edges, but got away from them.

keep safe everyone, and stay away from tall trees today!
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Nice to hear from you Jay, and of course seeing you granddaughter will be the icing on the cake for you, have a good Christmas
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning

Gusty winds here as well Jay, things blowing all over including the empty bins MrPots has collected 3 up to yet of the road. Your little grandaughters going to love the tree and especially seeing you two.

Enjoy your day
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Glad the panto went well, Bramble. I only went once as a child. I remember the shock the first time the audience as one shouted 'He's behind you', the feeling of naughtiness when I joined in the next time at the encouragement of my granddad, who had bought the tickets. Not sure my parents approved, really. But goodness, it was exciting, so rebellious!

So, today brings cloud, cloud and more cloud, and cold, cold and more cold. But we're feeling quite festive, as Mr Snoop and M have gone off to find a pine tree that's growing in one of our farmable terraces, so the forestry agent won't complain at its disappearance and subsequent reincarnation as a Christmas tree.

Right, better get on with some work. Got a cake to make that I didn't get around to yesterday... Not for the first time either.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    We all seem to have the same weather today, stormy and grey,
                    Off to the hair dressers shortly and after that some bits and bobs to attend to,

Jay its lovely to see you back on line again.
                    I am sure you're looking forward to seeing your grandaughter.

Have a good day all and be careful in that windy weather.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All. Glad you're keeping in touch Jay. Blowing a gale here too. All night I could here next doors gate banging and various pots of mine rattling about. Grory Hop delivery soon and no Frank today so a bit easier! Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Best wishes for a lovely festive season with your granddaughter and family, Jay.

Comment

• A belated good morning.

When I awoke this morning the power was off and I 'd got a text to tell me this from Northern power grid. I stayed in bed until it got a bit lighter and then made my way to the kitchen feeling pleased with myself that at least the cooker is gas. Mmmmmm, but the spark comes from mains electric. I searched high and low and eventually found a dodgy old lighter at the back of a kitchen drawer. At least I could make tea and instant coffee. I was able to access the internet on my phone using mobile data but of course my phone was a bit low on charge.😵

I had to go to the doctor's surgery for blood tests this morning and I was actually hoping their electricity was off as well as I'm a big baby around needles and I presumed that if all their computers were down they would have to cancel.

Their electricity was on.....so no reprieve. I then went down to the pound shop and bought a couple of calendars and a couple of lighters with long stalks for lighting the gas.

I'm now back home and we have electricity again. I've had to reset a couple of clocks and the gas boiler, which also needs electricity, but at least we have heat and hot water now.

I think I'm going to order a mobile power bank from argos so that I can always use my mobile.

Nice to hear from you Jay.

Comment

• Good evening, I think you are right about the weather bramble, it's the same here windy, wet and cold, however was quite busy this morning earning brownie points I washed the floors of the conservatory, porch and hall, kitchen and bathroom, so I am bound to get something from santa as I have been good, actually OH says I have been very good 😇😁this afternoon I acquired a fridge/freezer which I intend to use as a compost bin, hopefully it will be a hot composer as its well insulated and the smaller freezer section will be used as a wormarie, OH is moaning about it, but I will get one of the grandsons to paint it green that way it won't be noticed as readily,
                            Snoop I hadn't realised that pantomimes had been going as long as they had, I remember going to one with school but hadn't realised they were going when you were at school off now to inspect the insides of my eyelids ​​​​​​

​​​​
                            Last edited by rary; 21-12-2023, 04:45 PM.
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening!
                              I popped in first thing and just settled into a brew when OH reminded me we were going to get things from the market
                              Cant believe we’d lost track of what day it was… so we dropped everything ( no breakfast, no tea, and no advent calendar choccie)
                              Got there with 10 minutes to spare and the one guy we specifically went to but from was already packing up!
                              It seems bonkers they are only open until midday.
                              Anyway, we got what we wanted then went for a fresh stuff grift hop then headed off in the camper to a really lovely spot… but it rained and rained, then poured some more so we just parked up, had some nosh and a brew then headed home,!picking up some Calvados flavoured ice cream! Who needs brandy butter when you can buy that here!
                              Sounds like you’ve all had interesting days!
                              Everything is now unpacked , the woodfire burning brightly and I’m going to sit and read my book with a fresh brew.
                              The washing machine and tumble dryer are already earning their keep -thank goodness for electricity !
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• That sounds a perfect day Nicos.

Rary I’m sure you’ll be on Santa’s nice list.
                                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 21-12-2023, 07:43 PM.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X