This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done Flo.
    I agree with Mothhawk about the ten second rule.

Rary, that was a right shock, I dont blame you for feeling sick.
    Busy afternoon, changed the bedding, laundry out, and half the gifts wrapped.
    Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Flo, keep practising. I'm sure your prototypes will be more than welcome in the GR .... or given away to friends and relatives... if you can bear to part with them.😋

Comment

• Well, there's a thing. I have totally misunderstood the five or ten-second rule all my life. I thought that if food hit the floor, you had to eat it within five (or ten) seconds, not that supposedly it was safe if it had only spent five (or ten) seconds on the floor. I've just looked it up, seeing as you're all saying the same thing. At first, I thought you were expecting Flo to eat the whole cake in just a few seconds!

Comment

• Oh gf Flows baking isn't that bad, her friends and family would be perfectly safe, why I would be more than happy to try anything she baked as long as it doesn't land on the floor
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning, rain here with a temperature of 8c at present, so definitely no gardening today, I might let OH talk me into taking her out for lunch, which of course she would be paying, enjoy your day, and please remember if you are trying to improve your digestive system, there are lots of ways to introduce bacteria into your gut other than some of the practices I have noted recently, but most importantly pass on some smiles, it helps brighten up everyones day
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Morning

I've always believed in the 5 second rule but apparently you're not supposed to follow it once its on the floor food supposed to be binned. Who follows that

Fingers crossed for todays cake Flo.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• How does the rule work when I pull a carrot out of the mud/compost, wipe it on my trousers to get the worst off, then eat it raw?
                Last edited by burnie; 20-12-2023, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All. Drizzly again here. The panache is magic - it actually looks like a log - almost as if I'd found it on the forest floor It's now in the freezer for the big day. It's so full of cream and chocolate that by the time it's served it will taste amazing! Mince pies to juggle today Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Grey and windy here, but too warm for a frost thanks to the clouds, I guess.

Busy day ahead, workwise. But I do want to make a cake for us as well. So better get a move on, otherwise I'll run out of time for that.

Have a great day, everyone.

Edited to add: good news about the cake, Flo.
                    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 20-12-2023, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Dull and overcast here but its dry.
                      We are taking our grandson to the pantomime today, it will be his first one.
                      Hoping for a dry day as it's no fun going around town in the rain.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning.

I'm glad to hear the log is a success, Flo. You're probably starting a new family tradition.

Bramble, a first time pantomimer. How exciting!

Off to grab some elevenses now.....fresh from the oven buns.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Ooo…that cake sounds yummy Flo!…well done - so much easier next time! As bramble says, it’ll probably be a new family tradition…can’t better that eh?

Mince pies baking for me today.

Bramble- enjoy the panto.
                          That reminds me- I used to go when I was really young as an Xmas works outing for the children of employees. Big bag of sweets in a paper bag and the Panto. Not an adult in sight!
                          I loved it!

We too have heavy drizzle - started yesterday afternoon just as we finished off unloading the firewood.
                          Think I’ll get the jigsaw out today and make a start. Also get on top of the washing and drying.

Whatever you do ( enjoy your lunch out Rary!) , enjoy yourselves
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all.
                            Did a C&C grory hop this morning, felt quite smug as the regular car park was jam packed, even at 10am, but I parked at the C&C, picked up the groceries, and was out again in 10 minutes. I only ever go in-store now for fresh produce, and didn't need any of that today.

Great to hear the Yule log turned out good, Flo

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                            How does the rule work when I pull a carrot out of the mud/compost, wipe it on my trousers to get the worst off, then eat it raw?
                            You'd have to drop the carrot again, Burnie, before the rule comes into play...

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                              Morning

I've always believed in the 5 second rule but apparently you're not supposed to follow it once its on the floor food supposed to be binned. Who follows that

Fingers crossed for todays cake Flo.
                              Bren when I was a boy, if you dropped a sweet you picked it up gave it a wipe on your clothes, which of course were always spotlessly clean then popped it in your mouth which in some cases was back in your mouth😏
                              Of course in those days as many of you will know better than me, sweets were a rarety 😁
                              And burnie I would think eating your carrots in that way would be OK, as long as you don't drop them before eating
                              Last edited by rary; 20-12-2023, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Afternoon and that’s good news about your Yule log Flo.

Enjoy the pantomime Bramble Christmas is an exciting time for little ones, they do seem to grow up to fast.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X