This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon

No electric in my GH Rary so I’ve taken over all the windowsills on the south side of the house. After today the over night temps are back to 6 and 7c
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Can't believe it, got my hands dirty - finally managed to do some pottering with a stool to aid bending. Necessity is the mother of invention!
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening all.
        No electricity in my greenhouse either Bren.
        My greenhouse is sheltered as it's in the opex of the wall .
        I am fleecing the plants early before the heat dies down.
        I will be watching nightly but hope to leave them in there.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
          Afternoon

No electric in my GH Rary so I’ve taken over all the windowsills on the south side of the house. ​ After today the over night temps are back to 6 and 7c
          Bren the temperatures are a bit strange just now, my greenhouse showed 11°c overnight, today with all windows and the doors open the temperature was at 31°c but thinking on what you said about low temperatures, also what Vince G about cold winds, I thought I would see how quick I could provide shelter for my chrysants, I made a shelter using micromesh and from start to finish it took me 15min. of course now that I have made the cover I have decided to make it permanent though it will be one I can remove just as quickly​​​​​​​ oh and the lowest temperature this week is according to the forecast will be on Thursday night and it will be 7c
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I wrapped Toms, cucs and courgettes up earlier in a double layer of fleece it’s looking like GH full of ghosts.
            With today’s sunshine it’s been 30c in there that’s with door Louvres and auto vent open.
            Like Bramble I’ll wait till tomorrow to decide if I’m leaving them in there for a second night.

Comment

• Morning

My toms, etc were fine the GH low was 11.9c rain here just now and according to the met office its here for the day. Never mind yesterday was a shorts an tee-shirt day spent pottering around the garden plus some reading in my recliner.

Off for a look around the vine.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                Fine drizzle here too Bren

Think I might just crack on with more ironing .
                I woke up this morning to a chuckling husband…apparently last night, in my sleep, I was huffing and blowing really hard and was quite anxious. Apparently I told him there was a wasp on me and I was trying to blow it off te he…I must be spending too much time outdoors! ( is that ever possible?)

Enjoy your Bank Holiday peeps - hope you are all enjoying the long weekend!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzly here too. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning

Typical Bank Holiday weather here today. Rain!

I was unfortunately awake at 5 am again and eventually dropped off for another hour. Nicos, that sounds a weird dream. I woke Mr GF up last night as he was thumping the wardrobe (next to the bed) in his sleep. Evidently he was in a fight. I'm just glad he was facing away from me.

I watched the coronation concert on TV last night and something about the stage reminded me of "Close Encounters of the third kind". At different times I was anticipating a mother ship flying overhead. Mr GF thinks I'm crackers!

Comment

• Morning all.

Belated congratulations on your anniversary, Nicos.

All bright and blue here. The forecast pint of rain did not materialise. Wouldn't really have made much difference if it had, though Mr Snoop has hay fever symptoms today. He's off into the village to visit the builder's merchant. Me, I'm holding the fort and pretending to work. More of the same as yesterday on the cards - paid work and strimming - plus a bit of bread baking.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.pA little on the dull side but its dry.
                        Lots of rain last night so no watering today.

Ako plants survived another night in the greenhouse.

Belated congratulations on your wedding anniversary Nicos.

GF, I watched the concert and thought the light effects were fantastic.

Off out for a walk, enjoy the bank holidayl

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning, raining here also today, was up the back of five this morning to take grandson to work, though once back home I had a nap on the chair, now all the housework has been done I think I will head out the greenhouse as OH has mentioned cleaning out cupboards and I don't like doing that, congratulations Nicos to you and Mr Nicos, perhaps had a celebrarery drink last night which brought on the visions of wasps need to go cupboards has been mentioned again, have a good day whatever the weather and smile
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good evening managed to get a cage made with enviromesh which will hopefully protect my chrysants and pots of potatoes, temperatures have been really funny today the greenhouse overnight temperature was 12.5c and while working between the greenhouse and the garden it went up from 16.5 to 18c, then when rain started I closed the doors and went in the house, when I went back out a couple of hours later the temp. was 24c, had a look at the trees, the Ash tree is almost in leaf, I use the Ash tree as a, guide for increasing temperatures, as normally when the leaf comes on it the frost has past, I have used this guide for a good number of years and it has proved accurate, though you can still get hail showers. OH is going to catch up with a programme she recorded yesterday and I will do a bit of reading, so I hope you have a pleasant day tomorrow and wish you all a goodnight

​​​​​

Comment

• Evening Rary.
                              I didn’t end up being in the garden at all today….just turned on the tele and ironed and ironed and ironed…I’m totally up to date finally..phew. OH managed to cut the lawns/ field again as we have several days of rain forecast now.
                              Talking of trees greening up, we drove down a lane yesterday which we last drove down a fortnight ago, and everything is in leaf now compared to the bare branches , twigs and flowering verges we last saw. Amazing what longer days and a bit more sunshine/ warmth can do in such a short time.
                              New leaves are a lovely shade of green aren’t they?
                              Off to bed myself soon. Let’s hope that pesky wasp leaves me alone tonight!

Sleep tight….bedbugs bite…etc etc…
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good night all.
                                A pleasant day until this afternoon when the black clouds started to roll in.Shoryly after we had a thunder storm. Heavy rain but a really significant amount of lightening.
                                Rary, I thought of you. 😃
                                Anyway, all cleared up now.
                                Have a good night all and sweet dreams.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts