This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.

I have a grory hop too so it seems like we're all off out for supplies today. Couldn't go yesterday as I had to wait in for the community nurse to come and give my mum her vitamin B12 jab . I certainly notice the difference when it gets towards being due, there's a lot more irritability and confusion. Who would think a simple thing like a lack of vitamin would cause such dire effects? Anyway, she's back to her happy self today again

If it stays dry I'll give the grass a cut, it's really springing up with the warm and wet. And plant out the sweet peas too.

have a good day all
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Back home from out Grory hop we seemed to pick a good time no queuing at the checkout.

Some potting on in the GH then I’m hoping for a break in the drizzle to plant my sunflowers.
      Glad to hear your Mum’s back to normal MH.

enjoy your day
      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 11-05-2023, 08:49 AM.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
        The sun is shining but there are plenty of clouds around.
        Left my plants in the greenhouse and thankfully they are all fine.
        We are out today to an end of collage year for our two granddaughters.
        Party like afternoon with an exhibition of work done throughout the year.
        A marquee, music and nibbles so it should be entertaining provided we have no rain.

Mothhawk, glad to hear your mam is back to her happy self.
        My hubby gets these injections 4 times a year due to an operation he had many years ago.
        He knows when they are due because he just runs out of energy,

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Nicos, forgot to say, happy birthday to your daughter. 🎉🎉🎉

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for mentioning the B12 jab, mothhawk. I've mentioned a B complex supplement for my mum to my brother who's looking after her. I'll press the issue a bit more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              Thanks for mentioning the B12 jab, mothhawk. I've mentioned a B complex supplement for my mum to my brother who's looking after her. I'll press the issue a bit more.
              Maybe ask at your doctor's surgery. When Mr GF was under the weather earlier this year they did blood tests. His vitamin B12 was fine but they've prescribed him vitamin D.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Maybe ask at your doctor's surgery. When Mr GF was under the weather earlier this year they did blood tests. His vitamin B12 was fine but they've prescribed him vitamin D.
                Thanks, GF. She's already on vitamin D. She suffers from chronic anaemia and is taking iron pills as well. Because she's also taking lansoprazole, I've been trying to get my brother and sister-in-law to give her a vitamin B complex or B12 supplement for quite some time now. I should insist more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Thanks, GF. She's already on vitamin D. She suffers from chronic anaemia and is taking iron pills as well. Because she's also taking lansoprazole, I've been trying to get my brother and sister-in-law to give her a vitamin B complex or B12 supplement for quite some time now. I should insist more.
                  Mr GF takes omeprazole (he had a bad reaction to lansoprazole). I would just ask for a full blood count as just a small change in medication can have a really serious reaction.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Mr GF takes omeprazole (he had a bad reaction to lansoprazole). I would just ask for a full blood count as just a small change in medication can have a really serious reaction.
                    Thanks, GF. She's in my brother and sister-in-law's care and they regularly ask for blood tests.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright and breezy this morning. Low of 7.8 ºC in the corral last night. Around 5 ºC where the toms will go out, so I'm glad I've held off. Going to get even colder, supposedly. If that happens, we could easily be into frost territory. Very unusual so late, but not unheard of.

Didn't go out last night, but will tonight. Better book a table, seeing as it's Friday. Before then, paid work and visit the neighbour with some bread and swap it for eggs (definitely today).

If you see the smiles today, wave at them for me. They got blown away as soon as they went out the door, so no time to say hello.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all.

It's a bit chilly this morning , i might have known it would turn cold as soon as I planted out my runner beans. Oh well, the sweet peas can handle the cold, the beans will have to toughen up if they want to live.

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Snoop, when the doctor did bloods for my mum, he said she was slightly anaemic due to low folic acid, and put her on a 3 month course of B9 tablets (folic acid) and I noticed an immediate change in my mum, much less tired, much more energy.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                          Snoop, when the doctor did bloods for my mum, he said she was slightly anaemic due to low folic acid, and put her on a 3 month course of B9 tablets (folic acid) and I noticed an immediate change in my mum, much less tired, much more energy.
                          She's chronically anaemic and has been for years. She's now on several iron pills a day, no B, and I know she has regular blood tests, but whether they test specifically for B vitamins I don't know. I've raised it several times, but your post the other day really made me think I needed to insist. Not getting very far, though.

Comment

• Morning

No rain due today that'll make a change My toms/cucs are still in the GH but they'll be back in the house for the next few days when the temp drops to 5 and 6c. I did sow them later than usual so they're not that big or heavy yet.

Best get on enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Dull here and 12 degs, it was lovely and sunny earlier.
                              My tomatoes and peppers are still in the greenhouse .

Bren, like you I am watching the temp, looks like going down to 5 for a few nights.
                              I thought I was finished bringing them in and out.

Nothing particular on the cards today so I will take it as it comes.
                              Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Dull here now. Himself has just dropped a can of beer which exploded (widget), so the kitchen smells like a brewery. Mop and bucket jobby.
                                Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X