This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    Happy travels, Bramble. Bit blowy in Spain today if you're coming this way. Weather forecast is for very warm for the next few days down south too. Hope you have a lovely time, wherever you're going.
    Snoop, yes, just east of Malaga. Non tourist area but we love it for that reason.
    A bit blowy but trump at 18degs now,
    Was 2degs when we left Dublin today.
    We are well pleased. Xx

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post

Snoop, yes, just east of Malaga. Non tourist area but we love it for that reason.
      A bit blowy but trump at 18degs now,
      Was 2degs when we left Dublin today.
      We are well pleased. Xx
      Not surprised you're well pleased. Looks like the Malaga area is in for some lovely temperatures over the next few days.
      Have a great time, Bramble.

Comment

• Morning all.

Weather supposedly windy and cloudy, but in reality it's bright blue and calm. 17 ºC already (9.30 am). Mind you, not as balmy as where you are, Bramble. 18 ºC at 11.30 pm, that must be lovely. Just right for sitting outdoors with a glass of something chilled. I reckon the smiles might be doing a detour your way today before heading up north.

I'm very keen to do a bit of gardening today, but I'm a bit behind on a job for a friend. So better get some of that out of the way first. Then we'll see what's what.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

BBC forecast -11 for us overnight they got it a bit wrong my GH low was -2.3c not that I'm complaining, we still have snow but now its crunchy and slippery.

Rary our pigeons haven't been friendly yet but they are gathering in the Silver birch trees.

Enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all. It's still sub zero here but at least we have sunshine. We have more snow forecast but not until tonight. I won't be venturing out until the temperature rises above zero if I can help it.

My sisters both got back to me about the raspberry buns. The recipes came from different older relatives books. What makes me smile is that they both obviously thought it was unnecessary to include any instructions. Mind you neither includes raspberry jam as an ingredient.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	700167265.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.4 KB ID:	2559256 Click image for larger version  Name:	700142514.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.0 KB ID:	2559257
            Obviously I know where I've inherited my disorganised slapdash ways. I might have a go at them when we've eaten up our current goodies.

Stay warm everybody.
            Last edited by greenishfing; 11-03-2023, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All How lovely GF. Radiant sunshine here. The temperature didn't reach the predicted low here either Bren.
              I've had a peculiar message from my sister in law, could be classed as trolling unless I'm misinterpreting it so considering whether to respond.
              Have a good day All
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Wow! Got phrazle in one for the first time ever!
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                  Good Morning All How lovely GF. Radiant sunshine here. The temperature didn't reach the predicted low here either Bren.
                  I've had a peculiar message from my sister in law, could be classed as trolling unless I'm misinterpreting it so considering whether to respond.
                  Have a good day All
                  I've had a few "peculiar" messages over the years. There have been different reasons for all of them, delirium caused by a UTI in an elderly relative, another relative whose phone got stolen and somebody was causing mischief, and one sent to me by mistake. I think a lot depends on your normal relationship with the person and how out of character it is. I hope you get it sorted out happily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    Morning

Rary our pigeons haven't been friendly yet but they are gathering in the Silver birch trees.

Enjoy your day.
                    Bren! I covered my eyes at that, so that I couldn't read any more of such things thinking it would be similar to putting your fingers in your ears so that you don't hear any naughty things, but that meant I couldn't read any other posts, please remember I am a delicate soul, and am not used to such things
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon, cloudy and cold today with a forecast for snow, but hopefully wrong as usual, had to take one of the grandsons for music lessons earlier but now intend to get out to the greenhouse for a time, where I will check all my fuchsia to see if there are eny that has survived the frost, but doubtful of that, none of my begonias that were in the hut survived the cold and they were in wood shavings, will need to get some polystyrene boxes for next winter and hopefully I will manage to keep everything, ah well, leson learned.
                      Enjoy your day, keep warm and safe and keep smiling
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                        Today, for a change, I was woken by my OH tiptoeing (aka clomping ) around downstairs setting my birthday breakfast table.
                        Hope he didn’t disturb you too?

I best go and put on my surprised face then…..

See ya later!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oh - forgot to mention….for those of you with snow, apparently there was 3” of snow on the ground on the day I was born all those years ago, so it’s not so unusual

Have a great day peeps- I’m sure I will…ooooo…was that the smiles I just saw whizzing overhead sprinkling some happiness?

Comment

• Morning Nicos and a special happy birthday to you. Hope those smiles were decked out in their finest glitteriest garb for you.

Enjoy your breakfast and have a lovely day.

Comment

• Morning all.

Another bright, calm start to the day. The wind didn't half kick up yesterday, mind, and it's due to be even windier today. Plus, the forecast high for yesterday was right. They're saying 27 ºC for today! Mustn't get my hopes up that winter is over, as temperatures will start dropping again and we could be back into frost in a few days.

Right, got a good day ahead. Going out for lunch, though I think we'll be taking half of it and I need to get on and make it. Another chocolate cake has been called for. I make the full recipe for the two layers, but double-layered cakes are unheard of here and a bit awkward to transport up and down bumpy roads. So, I'll leave the spare layer with topping over by the kettle in case anyone (@Rary - special mention for you) fancies a slice for afternoon tea. Or to celebrate Nicos's birthday. It's a Mary Berry recipe. The fudgy topping is pretty yummy.

Have a great day, everyone

Comment

• Oh yum snoop!..do you think Rary might spare a piece for me?

I forgot to mention that yesterday was spent mostly without electricity - following on from the very strong winds of the day before. It was off most of the day but with maybe 5 minute slots when it came on.
                                Our house phone - which is always turned off because it’s where the telesales people try to contact us - makes a ‘berrrrding ‘ sort of sound when the electricity comes on…I’ve never heard it go off so often!
                                So consequently our internet was also off. The 4G tower w as clearly struggling for some reason as I had to walk to the bottom of the garden enough to get a phone signal. Never been this bad before tbh.
                                At least my 3 freezers - filled with our garden produce- were fine . But it was a concern!
                                Cant complain, these are just 21st century luxuries the guys who built out house in the 1630s would have been in awe of.

Better that it happened yesterday rather than today!…well, hopefully the work is all done and those weren’t famous last words!

Enjoy your lunch Snoop- always nice when someone else does the cooking!
                                Last edited by Nicos; 12-03-2023, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X