Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snap Bren, I went to the shopping centre today and nipped into Tesco as well.
    It's absolutely huge, I must have spent over an hour in it.
    It was quite busy but there are big spaces between the isles.

DId a bit of a tidy up shen I got home.
    Nothing else to report.

Nicos, good to see you back and hope you enjoyed your holiday.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

A dry day here today, our borrowed dog goes home later today its been nice having a dog in the house again but we're not tempted to have one of our own again its too much of a commitment.
      It looks like we'll be picking the last of the apples today, its been a good year for fruit.

Enjoy your day.
      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 27-11-2022, 09:36 AM.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Welcome back, Nicos. Sounds like you had a fantastic break.

Very chilly here today. Minus 1.5 ºC in our sheltered corral when I got up. So winter has definitely arrived. And the pepper plants will be goners. Never mind. I'd much rather have a very cold winter than not. The smiles were quite jolly at the first hard frost, with all its fairy light colours and glinting.

Not sure what the day will bring. Had a lovely evening with friends last night, but not very sure what they'll want to do today. Currently waiting for water to heat up on the range so I can do a bit of washing-up.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• 9°C and cloudy here but no rain forecast. It was 10°C when I went out yesterday but felt much colder in the bitter wind. I slept like a log last night. I think I awoke once, realised it was dark, and didn't even look at the time.....just snuggled down again. Joy!!!

Nice to see you back Nicos and hear that you had a nice trip. God's own country, a.k.a. Yorkshire certainly is not at it's best at this time of year. I hope you treated yourself to any "hard to get in France" goodies while you were here.

I'm just trying to decide what I fancy to eat tonight and not getting any inspiration yet.

Comment

• Good morning all,
            Bright and sunny and 10 degs,
            Off to church shortly.
            Out for dinner this evening so that's us sorted.
            Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              I did indeed gf…fish and chips and pork pie, Stilton and Wensleydale cheese and cheesecake jump to mind. None of which I can bring back. And of course different types of flour to bring back…and a few allowable Xmas goodies etc….
              What happened to the Cadbury’s chocolate tree decorations? I hunted through several superstores….sold out?/ discontinued line?

I too slept like a log last night!….woke up at dawn , looked out of the window, and there was a male pheasant in the garden !How lovely

As it’s raining and forecast to continue all day, I’m going to be a brave lass and get out the ironing pile. And at least make a dent in it. Its all bedding so very repetitive.

Enjoy your day peeps…anyone up to no good?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• While I was pondering what to make for dinner I decided I really must get my act together and organise a new cooker before Christmas. I have been putting it off for at least 18 months. At first one oven died...and then the other. It is impossible to get anyone to mend them and the cooker is old. Every month or two I've looked online at what was available. I wanted gas, 2 ovens, easy clean and stainless steel. I have been using my little table top halogen oven for months and just the hob on my cooker.

I have just looked online again. The first one I saw is exactly what I need and has good reviews. Hopefully it arrives and gets fitted next Saturday morning!!

I seem to be replacing lots of things recently...mostly because we never bought anything during the worst of covid and even when we HAD to buy a new fridge/freezer there was very little available and the delivery men would only deliver to the front door. I'm actually glad I had very little choice as I bought one the right size and stainless steel I'd never heard of.....Hisense, and it's the best designed interior by far of any fridge I've ever used.

I just hope I'm as happy with the cooker.
                Last edited by greenishfing; 27-11-2022, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Morning all.
                  Anyone else up yet? There's tea in the pot.

It's misty out but not very cold. I've got the window open listening to the birds beginning to tell the world they are awake. Not like a spring dawn chorus, one or two robins and dunnocks I think. Not heard the blackbird yet but he usually chips in briefly.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning. I awoke early .... well before dawn. I couldn't drop back off so headed to the kitchen to make coffee in the end.

I told Mr GF I'd ordered a new cooker. His first comment was. "Just in time to make Christmas cake". 😋.....pretty predictable really. He then started muttering about various other cakes and goodies.

There's no sun here but at least it's not raining.... or snowing. It looked as if we had a touch of frost last night, now melted. A top temperature of 9°C forecast for later today and that is the highest for the next week!

I really ought to attack the ironing pile today. My most hated job but I do like the feel of cotton clothes.

Wow! Contrary to the forecast the sun has just sneaked in an appearance🌞🌞. We should have 4°C and fog.

Off to make a cup of tea now for Mr GF to lure him out of bed.

Comment

• Morning all. Morning mothhawk. Edited to add: morning, GF.

Horrible weather here today. Rained quite hard in the night. Cold, drizzly and windy now. I have things to do in the village, but they might have to wait until tomorrow. Plenty I can be busying myself with at home meanwhile. Good time with friends over the weekend, but a fair bit of tidying to do now, as well as all the usual stuff.

We bought a Hisense freezer, GF. Only a chest freezer, so nothing complicated about that. But it was a good price, works extremely well and efficiently, plus it can even be turned into a fridge should we ever feel the need for a chest fridge. Unlikely, but you never know. Good luck with your cooker.

The smiles left during a brief lull but they were swept up by the wind, along with a lot of flying leaves, so will probably make very good time on their rounds today.

Have a great day, everyone.
                      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 28-11-2022, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                        Ta muchly for the tea MH. Perfect timing.
                        Well….*hangs head in shame….​​​​​​…..The ironing board didn’t make an appearance after all yesterday - maybe today.

OH sloshed around the garden yesterday and apparently the lettuce under fleece are growing really well. Guess who will be having a salad this evening? I think we’ll need some hot soup first though!

I’d love a new fridge. We’re making do with the one we bought 15 years ago as there’s nothing much wrong with it apart from going yellow . The new kitchen we fitted 7 years ago allowed for a bigger fridge…However- in our barn we have a very tall Bosch larder fridge which is 23 years old and still in amazing condition. Also yellowed. So I don’t really need the extra cold storage. Make a great beer fridge in winter apparently
                        It’s funny how times and attitudes have changed . There’s no way many peeps would ‘put up with’ a discoloured fridge just cos it doesn’t look fresh and new and not in keeping with an immaculate kitchen. Pity really.
                        Last edited by Nicos; 28-11-2022, 02:35 PM.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          It’s funny how times and attitudes have changed . There’s no way many peeps would ‘put up with’ a discoloured fridge just cos it doesn’t look fresh and new and not in keeping with an immaculate kitchen. Pity really.
                          Usually the immaculate kitchens are the ones that are hardly ever used (apart from maybe the microwave). Mine is definitely well used and certainly not immaculate.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            Its misty but dry at 7 degs.
                            Lots of bits to pick up from the shops and post office this morning.

Nicos, the ironi v is calling to me as well so I think I will tackle it this afternoon.

My fridge freezer and washing machine are silver/ grey, I had the white turned yellow last time.
                            Not much else on the cards.
                            Have a good day sll,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,it has gone cold again,we had the last of our choir rehersals before the concert at weeks end,then 2 more weeks a carol service,i have got a pair of new velvety trousers from the market,they sell top clothes that not make the grade,like wonkey veg,the only bother is,the plush runs the wrong way,and the bottom not hemmed up,everything is £3,my trick is working out great,they were a very wide leg so,have cut of the gusset bit,sniped up the inside legs,and whalla,a new skirt is forming,it fits realy nice,easy to do as the waist did not need disturbing,then to tackle the blouse top,a busy week this week,the worst will be trying to thread the overlock needles with black cotton,i struggle,never mind,its a brain workout and a lesson in patience,ironing is a very dirty word,but sometimes needs must,it's gone dark earlier again,time to lock up,shut the curtains,and put some noise on,TV or Radio,Bgood2yourselves
                              Last edited by lottie dolly; 28-11-2022, 03:03 PM.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon

Just arrived home from a walk stayed on the roads today instead of sludgy fields now our borrowed dogs gone home.
                                No gardening today only leaf raking.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X