This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

gf, your cake looks lovely and moist - and looks identical to the recipe!
    My soda bread had a firm crust and is moist yet slightly crumbly. It toasts well too. It lasts several days but becomes more crumbly as it ages.

Right…it’s sopping wet and very dull….decided to go out in the camper rather than another day pottering and knitting indoors.
    Theres a small organic flour mill fairly nearby which we’ve only just found out about so we’ve ordered some bread flour to try out.
    They’ll mill anything apparently so we’ll have a chat about unusual alternatives.
    Wholemeal flour is very different here so it’d be good to see if they can make something similar to what we can buy in the uk….we’ll
    take a sample.

Anyone for a brew?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning. I've just spent half an hour getting through to the doctor's and then queueing in their phone system. I must say I am finding it much easier to get through on my mobile these days than the landline, or maybe it's coincidental. I've got Mr GF an appointment for 10.20am amazingly.

It's grey here again, 6°C, with a 78% chance of rain. If we get much more we'll sink.

I must feed the birds next, there's a blackbird glaring at me through the window.
      Last edited by greenishfing; 26-01-2023, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Morning

It's dull and damp out no rain though so i'm of in the garden soon

Enjoy your outing Nicos, we've visited a 1790's working Windmill its fascinating to look around especially when the sails are working.

Its thrown me out swapping our Grory hop day It doesn't feel at all like a Thursday.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Glad you had a good day, Jay.

I haven't made the soda bread yet, GF. We're slowly getting through the shop bread. I'll make the soda bread next. Maybe this afternoon, in fact.

Funny, Nicos, I quite like French wholemeal flour. So finely ground you can barely see the bran but still get all the flavour. Must be lovely having a local mill. You'll be able to get really fresh flour.

So, cloudy but dry down here on the southern front. The snow forecast has been cancelled. Not looking good for viewing the comet over the next few days.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all,
            Sun is up and the sky is blue at 5 degs,.
            No plans for the day so a walk and some time in the garden.
            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• A great start. I took Mr GF to the doctor's and not only did he get a face to face appointment but it was with one of the doctor's who has known us well for years.

I then had to call at the chemists to pick up the prescription he'd sent through and they even had all our repeat prescriptions ready too.

Still no sign of the missing sun🌞 so I really ought to do some housework.

Comment

• Hello all,am just popping in,firstly welcome back FF lovely to see you posting again,i hope this new yew year is as good for you as it is me,thinking of you,well i have been spending time with my man,neither of can be apart for long,life is just too short at our ages,so it's grab what we can of life ,i will be on here as and when,but continue to think of you all,remember to Bgood2yourselves as you are with others
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon. While out walking this morning I popped into our local supermarket.
                  They were just putting out the reduced fruit and veg that had come fo their sell by date.
                  I bought as much as I could carry, two bags full for €7.20.
                  I am now making daddy red pepper and tomato soup.
                  Very pleased with my purchases.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon All It was the funeral today, just a small gathering and went as well as these things can. It was really cold and I haven't been able to get warm since!

Thank you Lottie, nice to hear you're enjoying your new life, take care
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon

Not really achieved much today I did go for a walk then called at the charity shops on the way back.
                      You got a bargain there Bramble
                      Hope you’re not coming down with anything Flo xx

Comment

• Good evening, had tried several times earlier to get on but there was an advert stopping me accessing the vine, however on now, bought a new phone yesterday, now trying to work out how it works, just hope volume is a bit better than what I had, my hearing is deteriating, and its quit annoying suppose I dropped a pound note and never heard it hitting the ground, I would be ill, or even worse what if OH offered me something and I never heard her😩, though the chances of that are slim, as its me that usually makes the tea and coffee 😇. Being Thursday we attended the church coffee morning, sadly the numbers have never recovered since the pandemic, however I recon we should keep it going as things are getting tighter, so it provides something to eat and drink plus heating, all for a donation, and no one checks if or what goes in the box, was going to go out to the greenhouse tonight but it has turned quit cold now so will just read a book, keep safe and warm and enjoy your night but most important pass on some smiles. Goodnight
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Flo, sorry to hear you're feeling rough. I always find funerals upsetting and depressing. I hate attending them in any circumstances and am seriously considering not having one for myself.....just at the thought stage......too much afternoon TV. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Rary, get some hearing aids. Mr GF was amazed at what he had been missing when he got his.

Lottie, glad to hear your love life is still going strong.

Comment

• Good night all.
                            Flo, sorry to hear you're feeling down but you've had it so tough.. Hope you pickup as the weather improves.

Bren, yes I got a bargain, usually I miss out on things like this.

Rary, I got hearing aids last year and I can't believe the difference and how quick I got used to them.

It was lovely day here, I even got the laundry dry outdoors.
                            Have a good night all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

Hair cut first then dentist so just a quick look around the vine, to see what's happening.

Rary you do need hearing aids if you're going to miss hearing your notes drop
                              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 27-01-2023, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Grey, damp and dull again here today. 4°C at the moment. It looks miserable.

My turn to go to the doctors at lunchtime today for an injection.
                                I am such a coward.

Also a visit to Mr GF's brother to sort something out for him.

Oooops, I just realised I forgot to set the breadmaker off last night. The narky blackbird is going to be upset today when it realises that it's only getting bird food. Even I draw the line about sharing the cherry, almond and yoghurt loaf as although the crust was good the inside is amazing.

Rary, another thought, have you had you ears checked to see if the are full of wax? At one point Mr GF's were and he was practically stone deaf, even with hearing aids, until he got them syringed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X