Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, was out in the greenhouse for a time this evening potted up some Chrysants and Alstromarea, just hope we don't get anymore extreme cold spells, will wait a month or so before sowing any veg, just feels good to get started again. Take care tomorrow and remember to pass on smiles
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

Got a visit to the hospital today for a check-up. Car is absolutely covered in hard frost. With any luck it will thaw before we have to leave, but we're still well into the minuses. Fingers crossed the sun does its work. While out, I was hoping to drop into the nursery and buy some lettuce plug plants, but it's going to be way too cold for them for the next ten days or so, so not bothering.

Will do a mini grory shop while out to stock up the freezers. I do like saying freezers plural!

Catch you all later. Have a great day meanwhile.

Comment

• Morning all.
        Frost free today, but the thermometer is still hovering around 0C. Hopefully when the sun gets higher it will warm up some more. It was daylight until nearly 5pm yesterday, the days really are getting noticeably longer now
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Very heavy frost again here too.
          One good thing about this weather is that you don’t have to rush home before frozen food starts melting!

Watch out for black ice…Our ABS was working overtime on the country lanes when we went up to the coast…never seen so much black ice…and we were just crawling along being careful!

Clearly today is another indoor day apart from bringing in more wood to burn. I might just sort out/ clean a few kitchen cupboards…
          Or knit/ read……depends on how guilty I feel

Hope your hospital visit goes ok Snoop
          Those smiles don’t seem to have passed overhead as yet….I wonder what they’re up to?…The chooks offered for them to warm up in their coop if they fancy…it was lovely and warm in there first thing this morning.

Right…so who fancies a brew?…
          Last edited by Nicos; 23-01-2023, 09:16 AM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

No frost today, it does make a change to see green grass.

Dog sitting over I do like having him here but I don't want the commitment of our own dog, so this suits us fine. He was good at keeping my knees warm.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning. Generally grey and grotty weather, but for the first time in ages the frost on the roofs and cars has thawed early. It is however only 1°C at the moment.

After I've got Mr GF a newspaper we're calling to see his brother. Mr GF can chat with him while I sort out a few things for him. The last "Christmas" cake is nearly eaten now so Mr GF has also put in a request for another to replace it. Usually by this time in January he gets bored with it .....but not this year.......He has now just changed his mind when I said after this next fruit cake we'll have a change, maybe a date and walnut or almond and cherry loaf. Now he wants date and walnut instead of fruit cake. Must put dates on my shopping list, I've got walnuts and more than likely everything else. I'll hunt out my ancient loaf tins later. I haven't used them for ages however they never get yucky any more since I started using liners (99p shop special) several years ago. I used to hate lining baking tins with greaseproof, probably because it was always my job as a child.
              Last edited by greenishfing; 23-01-2023, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All No frost here for a change. No plans today, but the jigsaw is calling me, so after forcing myself to do a bit of housework, I might answer that call. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all,
                  A little on the dull side here but its 9 degs.
                  Off out for along walk while the weather is good.
                  I may call at the garden centre to see if they have any plants in yet,
                  Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                    Cash seems to be a rare entity these days gf
                    just notice this post,
                    Flo cash has always been a rare entity to me😏
                    Last edited by rary; 23-01-2023, 11:26 AM.
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

just notice this post,
                      Flo cash has always been a rare entity to me😏
                      cash poor, asset rich rary?
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning, mild but cloudy and damp, did some of OHs work yesterday, and she rewarded me she made the coffee if the rain stays off I might get out the back door (that means the back garden area,) tidied up a bit, nicely how the temperature can change so quickly, right now I am off to make a cup of coffee, feel free to drop in for a cup, all welcome

Comment

• Coffee sounds good Rary…ta muchly!
                          …help yourself to a piece of coconut cake if you wish….
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post

cash poor, asset rich rary?
                            Yes I think you are right Flo I do have a lot to be thankful for

Comment

• Good evening all.
                              Spent the afternoon in the garden.
                              Lot of tidying and weeding.
                              My geraniums and dianthus in the greenhouse are still blooming.
                              I decided to cut down on the amount of containers I have so I emptied them and will give them to my daughter.
                              It was very pleasant outdoors asthe temp rose to 11 degs.
                              Hope you all have a good e ening.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• A cold, murky evening. I'd decided that I was going to have some of the posh hot chocolate I'd got as a Christmas present. It included chunks of chocolate, marshmallows, spices and a list if ingredients long as my arm. I am still trying to wash the taste out of my mouth....it was revolting....what a let down.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X