Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot to mention that we’ve also visited the Prehistoric caves of Creswell Craggs. Wow. Been there once before but it’s definitely worth a visit.
    I think I’ll be in need of a holiday when I get back!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning. Not a good start to the day as I think I managed about 3½ hours of sleep in the end. All my normal sleep aids failed. I even listened to a radio interpretation of Jane Austin's Mansfield Park. I am not a fan and something like that would normally have me asleep in minutes. No..... I heard the whole two hours worth.

Nicos, you sound as you are enjoying yourself in frosty Yorkshire. It's years since I visited Howarth. If you are round that area the industrial museum in Bradford is worth a visit......complete with old trams, houses and shire horses.
      Last edited by greenishfing; 21-11-2022, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Nice one gf…. Not heard of that….that’ll certainly be on the list for next time! Thanks for the heads up

I really enjoyed the steam trains. We waited for it’s return trip. There really is something amazing about the power created by water and coal. Strangely uplifting
        Apparently that train was the first to be taken out of Barry Island . We used to clamber over the rusty engines back in the 70’s. Not that we were supposed to
        The new film of the Railway Children was made using the same Railway line/ stations/ train on the Howarth line( as was the original) Guess who will be watching that!

I tell you what though……Ilkley is a really lovely town. I’ve never been there before. It is a Spa town and clearly has some money behind it.
        We clambered up the rock formation of the Cow and Calf nearby . Amazing rock formations and views.
        Deffo an area to explore - we didn’t have a chance to hunt out the hundreds of prehistoric cup and ring rock art engravings…..
        Last edited by Nicos; 21-11-2022, 10:17 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos, sounds like you are having a great holiday.

What a miserable day, pouring with rain.
          Made beef stew and mixed veg soup for the freezer.
          Not a lot else to report,
          Enjoy your evening.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening

Not a lot happening here either Bramble it’s rained heavily since mid morning, mostly dog walking, reading, knitting, texting and phone chat along with house stuff.
            Tomorrow’s weather looks good so we’re of out.

enjoy you evening.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright but chilly here this morning. Poured late last night, so we're back to soggy conditions. No flooding indoors, fortunately. Just as well, as I've plenty to keep me busy.

First fire of the year in the bedroom last night. Takes a few days for the cats to get used to it. They'd much rather sleep on top of the hot water bottles. But that's where my feet go, so no chance of them staying put when I get into bed.

Sounds like you're having a fantastic trip, Nicos. You're visiting lots of fascinating places, and that's just the pubs!

The smiles were milling around this morning. There still don't look to be as many as usual. Hope they're with LD and Rary.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all, I’ve been MIA again. No idea why as I havbeing doing much! Hope you are all well.
                Sunday night was an awful night for me too. Awake from 3-6.30 when the bin men came then must have rolled over and woke at 8.30am. Must have been something in the air! Then last night I rolled over in bed and had a huge stabbing pain in my ribs. Woke this morning in agony, no idea what I’ve done. It’s true what they say, old age doesn’t come alone, Didn’t think being in your 60’s was old though!!
                Thats my moan for the day, sorry!!
                Think we are going for a drive today, maybe some lunch. Yesterday was absolutely freezing, coldest day of the year I think. No idea what it’s like today though, haven’t been out…at least it’s dry.
                Anyhoo off to grab a coffee, welcome to join me anytime. Enjoy your day everyone. x
                sigpic

Comment

• Good morning. It is actually NOT raining.... 8 °C, grey and murky. Yesterday it was pretty relentless after the frost had melted. Even the car gave me a warning of possible ice and snow when I set off.

Today a grory hop I think.

I definitely slept better last night. I put Jane Austin's Sense and Sensibility on to bore me to sleep and it worked. I dropped off immediately.

Jay I hope you're okay and your stabbing pain has gone away.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Just 3 degs here and as grey as ditch water.
                    I really dont know what I am going to do with my day,
                    It's too miserable to garden.
                    We have done the grory hop.
                    The stew is made and so is a batch of homemade soup.
                    It's not my favourite time of the year.

Jay, in your 60's is not considered old.
                    I hope yoyrpain has gone by now.

Snoop, I dont think the smiles would want to visit here today, it's just too miserable.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

I put a proper coat on for my walk today, instead of the little fleece jacket I've been wearing all year, and I was glad I did - it was 7C but with the damp air felt more like 3C. After all the rain the village brook was over its banks and over the road, and all the surrounding fields partially flooded. Only bigger vans were able to splash through.

I found a mushroom Click image for larger version  Name:	shroom1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	255.8 KB ID:	2554429 Click image for larger version

Name:	shroom4.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	2554430 ​​​​​​​
                      Last edited by mothhawk; 22-11-2022, 11:26 AM.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon all. Big hello to Jay22.

Went to the doctor's this morning precisely for a sharp pain in my side. In the end, after much pulling, prodding and pushing, he told me that's just your rib muscle. Anything else? Well, yes, while I'm here... Oh, those are real things, here have these pills. So went in for nothing and came out with two things. He's a nice man. My first visit to see him. We'll get on fine. No-one waiting in the surgery for the next appointment, so we had a bit of a joke and jest with each other. A while back, I read this article in which the writer lamented his constant concern with his health but he had to admit he had reached a 'viable dyable age'. Unfortunately the doctor doesn't speak English so I explained in Spanish and he nearly cracked up. Just as well he's got a sense of humour. He's come to a village where nearly all of his patients will be of a viable dyable age or much older.

Comment

• Congratulations on your mushroom, mothhawk. It's a beauty.

Comment

• good after noon all,another really miserable day,snoop was so sorry to read about your weather,how sad after all the work you both done,what a year you have had with the heat as well,i wish you well,them smiles are not with me,think they were giving me space to get myself together,however i did catch a gimps of something fluttering nearby the other day,i also have had several bad nights without any reason,must be the weather,i keep feeling shivery cold and have to put the heating on,the warmest place is under the duvet,am also droping asleep in my chair more often,maybe bordom, the good news is i now have a electric piano and loving it,cannot believe how much i have lost,nevermind,at least i can keep the noise within my own walls without insults from other,am looking forwards to Christmas now,my choir concert is coming up,and a party with my dance group,we being picked up and driven to another place and meet with another group for a joint party,so that will be nice, still fighting my get up and go regards doing lots of things,must have a bad dose of the sads,violin been placed back in its case,have a lovely rest of the day everyone
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon

We went on a rather soggy walk glad I wore my gaiters or I would have been even sludgier
                              Nice mushroom Mothhawk what are your plans for it?
                              I like the sounds of your doctor Snoop
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sorry to hear your mojo isn't working LD. And very sorry to hear about the violin going back in its case. With any luck, the whole orchestra will perform next time. Like the sound of your electric piano, meanwhile.

And yes, Bren. I like the new doctor too. Walked out of the health centre grinning my chops off. Also trying to gauge how old he is and whether he'll see me out. I also did that with the car mechanic!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X