X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evenin n’alln’all

Wow..
    what a swelter of a day!

Last minute gite booking for two nights….so 3 hrs deep cleaning and 3 hrs ironing to get back on top again in preparation for the change over this weekend.
    Do please take pity on gite/ cottage owners if you rent holiday cottages during peak season …it’s not fun at 34C scrubbing away
    And nope - don’t ask if you can stay on until lunch time…it’s embarrassing to decline.

The upside is that I really can’t be bothered with having a salad tonight so I suggested pasta and ikea meatballs. It’s a rare treat for us.
    had to laugh…remember the a Alsatian YouTube dog?
    (S’cuse the adverts etc….)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw

That was OH when I suggested pasta , and meatballs, and a creamy tomato sauce!

I’m thinking a GnT might be in order….do please join us!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oh Nicos, I do have pity on you.
      I spent the best part of three hours in the hairdressers today.
      I was looking forward to a chilled afternoon.
      Change of plan and a txt message, Could I collect my grandson from playschool.
      Could I look after him, and bring him to the Barbers at 7.30,this evening.
      Job done now and just finished a very late dinner.
      The only upside, my sonnis the barber so he brought our grandson home.
      Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Just a quick post.
        Any body else looking at the super moon right now....

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Bramble we've just come indoors after gazing at the moon, it's huge this evening and very bright.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks for the reminder, Bramble. A lovely pink here.

Comment

• I’m just looking at the moon now. It’s enormous! It’s so bright that when ai woke up I thought it was dawn.
              The garden looks amazing lit with a silvery glow.

Comment

• Hibou has been bouncing around the house for the past hour so I’ve finally let her out.
                Its lovely and fresh out there - so I toddled off down into the garden in my nightie and cut fresh rosemary and lavender for a couple of flower displays for the gites. All by the light of a full orange moon.
                What a lovely way to start the day!

With any luck I’ll start the day again in 2-3 hrs!

Comment

• Morning all.

Managed to get up a bit earlier than normal. All watered in the veg patches but no toms tied. High of 41.1 ºC in the shade yesterday. Going to be hotter still over the next few days and warm nights too. Another ten days or so of heatwave to come, apparently. My downstairs office, which is usually around 22-23 ºC at this time of year is already 26 ºC (at 9.30 am, started at just 19 ºC when I got up, so not sure what happened there). Mr Snoop is still in denial: not changing his routine for anything at the moment. He's just gone out with the dogs and it's already pretty hot. Poor dogs. The smiles know what's what and were gone already when I got up. Don't think they'll be coming back here in a hurry this evening. In fact, they might decide to stop with you tonight. Hope that's OK. Your garden sounds like a nice place for them, Nicos.

Right, another busy day ahead but not quite as bad as recently. Slowly catching up. Will definitely have time to tie up the toms at the weekend. Am gradually killing off an aphid infestation in one of my red pepper plants. Not keen to wash them off in case ants pick them up and transfer them to other nearby plants. A slow process, but I seem to be on the winning side (at the moment).

Have a great day, everyone.

Right, on with the show.

Comment

• I was awakened at the crack of dawn by the binmen (predictive text has kept trying to insist the word was "gunmen"..... obviously thinks I'm in the USA). They used to not get here until around lunchtime but both this week and last it's been very early. I didn't even crack open my eyes to see what time it was. Presumably they've worked out it's easier to do their job while it's relatively cool. They obviously awakened Mr GF too as he then started tossing and turning and giving me the occasional light prod. I stoically ignored him as I knew that if we started chatting I would be wide awake. It's relatively cool today but the temperature is supposedly climbing up to the dizzy heights of 37°C by next Tuesday! In Yorkshire!

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                      Now this is a better time

Looks like the temps here have dropped today for us. Still hot but bearable.
                      Hats off to you Snoop with coping with your crazily hot temperatures.

I’m going to do a bit of seed head dead heading this morning. Ox eye daisies, aquilegia and English marigolds. It feels good to know there will be free plants next year!

Today is Bastille Day. Not that the French call it that!
                      Did you know that only seven prisoners were actually held there and one was an Irish man who thought he was Julius Caesar? ( they were actually after the gunpowder and cannons held inside)
                      History lesson over…
                      Watermelon for breakfast - do help yourselves, there’s plenty for everyone.

Enjoy your day peeps.
                      Last edited by Nicos; 14-07-2022, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• Morning

GF our binman arrived at 10 past 6 usually its half past so not much earlier for us. Predictive text is either amusing or worrying not sure half the time how my kindle thinks the word it prefers is suitable.

Grory hop this morning best get a move on before its get any hotter.

enjoy your day.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin gf….didn’t see you there!

Comment

• Didn’t see you their either Bren!

Our bin men came early this morning too, even though it’s a Bank Holiday here.

Forgot to say that there were kinds of fireworks going off to celebrate yesterday. You’d have thought they would have been banned given everywhere is tinder dry

Comment

• Good morning all,forgot about the moon last night,this heat is over baring for everyone and everthing in it's path,the smiles are always welcome snoop,am so pleased i done my cakes yesterday,is nice to be ready without a last minit rush,and leaving a messy kitchen to clear up when i get back,have a good everyone
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all, just hone from a gory hop.
                                No plans for the day and nobody needs me to do anything for them.
                                However, I am on plant watering and goldfish feeding for the next week for my son and family,
                                Bed linen changed and laundry out to dry,
                                Smiles came bt ages ago and I think some of them might still be hanging around.
                                Have a good day all and dont forget the suncream.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X