This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Nothing planned for the day but, famous last words.

The dinosaur show was very good but lots of young children at the site of the very big guy as he was roaring.
    You should get a handkerchief tree for your garden as it's also called the "ghost tree"

We have gnomes, fairies and frog ornaments in our garden.
    We also have lots of earthenware jars and a lovely old wall clock we brought home from Tunisia.
    My hubby has spent the last few weeks repainting them.

Out to the park now for a long walk and we will see what the afternoon brings.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all. Goodness only knows where the morning has gone. Done a bit of baking this morning, but nothing very significant. I haven't even watered yet and it's absolutely sweltering out there.

Better get a move on. Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Just come in from weeding part of the gravel drive now that the roots are moist. Apart from dandelions most of them came up easily.
        Too hot to work in the midday sun, so time for a brew again eh?

Thats a pretty tree bramble!
        I had looked into getting one a while ago but frustratingly our local nurseries said they weren’t hardy enough for our garden
        Your garden sounds very pretty - I bet the grandchildren love it too!
        My garden has loads of old farm equipment and rusty lanterns dotted around the place and a few daft/ arty things we’ve made from bits of wood - as well of course insect and bird boxes.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all. I have (I think) convinced Mr GF that he really ought to visit his elderly relative in the Care home today. I have just done a covid test on both of us so presuming they are negative we'll visit this afternoon. I hope that she recognises us and is awake. I know it upsets Mr GF to see her as she is but I want to make sure that she is being looked after and I've just reminded Mr GF how much he enjoyed, and demanded, visitors when he was in hospital.

Comment

• Good evening all.
            A very productive afternoon here,
            I bit the bullet and made a huge amount of tomato soup for the freezer.
            There is still some more to be done.
            A ton of blackberries needing to be made into brmble jelly.
            I must do it over the weekend, spaceisnow at a premium in theto reezers,

GF I hope you had a good visit to the care home this afternoon, a visit means so much.

Nicos your garden sounds lovely.
            Regarding the hankerchief tree, there are two of them growing in the park so must be frost hardy.

Have a good night all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening

I love homemade tomato soup Bramble but I’ve not made it for ages not sure why though. I’ve got in the habit of roasting my toms instead.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Bren, tried to answer you via quote but it kept rejecting my post.
                I use the tomatoes for soup.so we can have it for lunch in the winter.
                It's a good standby on a cold day. 1😀

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Any chance of sharing your recipe please bramble? Sounds yummy.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    And another nice weekend ahead weather wise!

More gardening and baking for me today with the intention of going out in the camper van tomorrow.
                    I’d forgotten it’s bank holiday for you today - anyone doing anything exciting?

Comment

• Good morning. A cooler fresher night here, much more pleasant. I was just pulling on a tunic style shirt this morning to wear around the house when I had a sudden memory of "borrowing" mens shirts for the same purpose when I was much younger. They all seemed to be much longer then with "tails". They were so comfy. I haven't seen mens shirts like that for years.

We went Care home visiting yesterday and then had to rush to the other side of the city as the hearing aid company rang with a last minute appointment for Mr GF (I had left them a message earlier) who is deaf as a post at the moment. He's now booked in for his ears syringing after the Bank holiday on Tuesday. I'll be hoarse by then with shouting.

I'm not sure what I'm doing today yet.

Comment

• Morning all.

Clothes were always better when we were younger, GF. I'm allergic to wool, so can only wear cotton or synthetic fabrics. Getting more and more difficult to get proper cotton anything.

Off out to water in a bit, but storm forecast for this afternoon, so will make it a quick round with the watering can and bring in all the onions I've lifted so far. Most are a fair size. Not as many as most years due to the mole activity. But better than the brassicas. Of all the ones I've planted this year (eight broccoli plants, four summer sprouting broccoli plants eight caulis, eight cabbages, sixteen kohlrabis and others I can't remember), all we've eaten is one kohlrabi. The rest have come to naught.

Possibly a dog walk after lunch depending on the weather. Otherwise, I'm guessing a nap.

Anyone seen the smiles recently? I've seen a couple, but not as many as usual. Maybe they'll reappear when LD gets back.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Any chance of sharing your recipe please bramble? Sounds yummy.
                          Yes Nicosl I used the following....
                          6 lbs tomatoes.
                          2 onions
                          4 garlic cloves
                          1 grated carrot.
                          3 tablespoons of passata.
                          1 veg stock cube.
                          a chicken stock cube.
                          I add paprika to give it a bit of a bite.

COOK onions and garlic in saucepan with a gulf of olive oil.
                          Add threat ndook until,soft. (about 20 to 30 mins.
                          Blend and freeze,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Aww- thanks bramble
                            I’ve not grown any this year but the fresh tomatoes in the shops are delicious at the moment, so well worth buying some to try out your recipe.
                            What sort of volume do you reckon that makes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Aww- thanks bramble
                              I’ve not grown any this year but the fresh tomatoes in the shops are delicious at the moment, so well worth buying some to try out your recipe.
                              What sort of volume do you reckon that makes?
                              Nicos, using 8 fluid ounces as one serving I got just under 10 servings.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for the recipe Bramble I'll add it to my vine Blog so I don't lose it.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X