This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha ha ha Snoop goooogle did it proud

Mince pies and ginger biscuits made…tick.
    Jelly made…tick
    Ham in the oven…. tick

Time for a brew and a sample of my baking now…I say ‘my’ baking , as OH decided he’d start carving my Xmas gift.
    Last edited by Nicos; 24-12-2021, 02:12 PM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I bet little boys in particular love the Caga Tió song. I remember having to hold Mr GF back once at a Three Kings parade when they were throwing sweets for the children.

It is very murky weather here. I went across to a nearby town where my sisters both live and part of the route was thick fog. I think the whole population was out and about. We swapped presents and I saw my great nephew (6 months old now) and the new puppy. It was really nice to see everyone so happy.

I called at the allotment which despite being pretty much waterlogged still gave me red and green lettuce and rocket.

There's only three of us for Christmas Dinner tomorrow, the least amount of people I've cooked for at Christmas in years.

I might get ahead of myself and make the brandy cream to go with the Christmas puddings and Rose Marie sauce for the prawn cocktail this afternoon. I do try to be organised even if I don't always succeed.

Comment

• I’ve found my last shop bought Xmas pud….from 2017
        It should be lovely and rich by now.
        As from next year I’ll be making my own as I don’t think Xmas puds can be imported….unless from Eire?

I keep meaning to make my own - so that’s going to be a good prompt.

I’m a bit ahead of myself too gf. I’ve made the stuffing using cider and a small amount stewed apple . Sprouts are peeled. Turkey breast stuffed with duck breast, Guinea Fowl breast and Fois gras , apricots and prunes.
        OH has suggested he makes a pate for new year with the leftover raw meat.
        We will do the rest tomorrow morning. Time to sit down now and get those candles lit!

I read earlier that for people who are on their own over Xmas Sarah Millican is specifically hosting a Twitter get together so people don’t feel too lonely. What a caring thing to do . I’ve always liked her comedy although I realise she can be rather naughty…but I respect her more for going out of her way to do this.

Right…it’s getting dark - best get those chooks locked up for the night….
        Enjoy your Xmas Eve evening peeps
        Does anyone have specific traditions today?
        We always have steak and mushrooms in a creamy sauce baguette with a glass of fizz.
        Last edited by Nicos; 24-12-2021, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Well, Merry Christmas everybody. I don't know why I am up and about at this silly hour, actually I woke up an hour ago after having a weird dream that I can not remember now. My answer to weird dreams......a mug of coffee.

No rush this morning. I'll go and pick my brother in law up about an hour before lunchtime but just taking my time in the kitchen until then. Snow forecast for 10AM however we shall see.......

Comment

• Merry Christmas, GF and all. Our forecast is for drizzle turning to heavy rain overnight. Not a chance of snow.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

The sun is trying to prove the weatherpeople wrong and is sticking its nose out, despite the forecast being wall to wall cloud. We had a big downpour last night, so looks like the rain came early.

Happy Christmas, everyone. Have a great day.

Comment

• Merry Christmas everyone, hope you have a lovely day!

Morning, very windy this morning but dry…snow forecast for the early hours of tomorrow. Having a Christmas morning lie in. Because we had our Christmas Day last weekend we have just my MiL, BiL and SiL coming and we are just doing a buffet type thing…their request as they think it’s easier, I’m not so sure.

Enjoy your day everyone.
                sigpic

Comment

• Happy Christmas to all.
                  If I were to go by the weather I would doubt it.
                  Lashing rain and as grey as ditch water.
                  the Turkey and ham are cooked, just to the potatoes and veg to prepare.
                  The family will be coming for dinner.
                  Hop all have alovely day.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Merry Christmas everyone

Enjoy your day. xx
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Merry Xmas everyone!

A quiet one for us…the fires are lit as are the trees.( well with fairy lights obviously!!!! )
                      Its grey and damp outside and has that lovely damp smell. No chance of snow, but I hope someone gets some ?

We have our main Xmas Dinner as it’s getting dark so we can enjoy the lit candles.
                      We always have a breakfast of croissants to keep us going and they are just warming in the oven.
                      Kettles on. Help yourselves .

See ya later peeps!

Comment

• Good Morning All and Merry Christmas, have a lovely day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Just opened a present to find the new Lee Child book. I have hidden it out of sight as I know that if I decided to "just read a few pages" Christmas Dinner would be doomed!

Must stop messing about.

Comment

• Afternoon

No snow here Nicos we've mostly had rain, not that we're going far today.

Fires are lit and I'm on the sofa reading.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Meat in the oven and am listening to The Nutcracker having overdosed on Xmas songs/ carols.
                              Let us know about your book gf….OH is very into his books

Time for a glass of fizz by now surely???
                              I have raspberries to drop into the glass too if that takes your fancy?

Comment

• Finally!

Xmas dinner by candlelight!

All your recipe posts have had me drooling…..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X