X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    ^^^^ breathing is always a useful skill Rary!

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon,getting some heavy showers here now, though did get out to the greenhouse earlier and put out some Jerusalem artichokes, alstromeria and phlox into the coldframe to harden off, I also noted that some lettuce that I had sown three weeks or so, has realy done well, now wondering who I can sell it to
    Now managing to get a night's sleep, but still got a cough that doesn't seem to be easing during the day, I have rubbed my chest with vix, tried cough bottle and cough sweets, but still not getting the cough broken up, however I am breathing so thankfull for that Well I wish you all a good day, hope you are able to get out to your garden

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Hope your dentist is just a check up and see you in 6 months Flo

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Hope you pass with flying colours Flo…and there’s no ouchy ouch business!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    Cloudy but dry here. As least that bitter wind has gone for now.
    The temperature outside dropped to 0.5C last night - brrr eh?

With all this swimming I’m getting behind on domestic stuff so I guess I need to apply myself in that direction a tad. Plus weeding if the sun comes out.
    No swimming today as it’ll be full of kids. Schools are closed on Wednesday afternoons here so they all seem to head for the baths and IKEA
    OH has suggested we go out for a quick bike ride.

Interesting about the smiles Snoop. I wonder if they could have headed south to check out the sunshine and swallows?
    If do, I hope they left their snorkels and Sou’esters at home or they’ll scare away the birds!

Enjoy your day peeps - rain or not.
    Last edited by Nicos; 10-04-2024, 10:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Dull here. Dental check up this afternoon, appropriately 2.30! Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all, the rain is absolutely pouring down here.
    A visit to the hairdressers this morning, so maybe the weather will improve by the time I get home.
    On childminding duty this afternoon so that's most of my day spoken for.

Snoop, I dont think the smiles will be visiting this neck of the woods for a while, it's far too wet.

Have a good day all, especially those with the sunshine

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

It looks like I'm sharing your weather today CG. Of for a Grory hop at some point today, and a few other errands

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    Sunny start and the frost, only light though. The rain is on it's way though and will be here the rest of the day.
    Housework, officework and bread baking will be the order of the day and then some crochet.
    Hope someone has decent weather, that will be where the smiles are, on holiday

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Nowhere near as windy today. Hope it's the same where you are.

In a shock development, Nicos, the smiles didn't come home last night. So maybe they went off to see the eclipse and are taking the long way back. Shame they can't bring pictures back with them. Watching on telly was a bit of a disappointment.

Not much other news. I'll be clacking away at the computer most of the day, with an interruption, with any luck, to go and get my car from the mechanic's. Fingers crossed it's all sorted. Just occurs to me that the smiles could be there, keeping my car company so it doesn't feel lonely.

Right, that's enough whimsy for one day.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Busy afternoon in the garden.
    Dead headed all my daffodils that are finished flowering and put the containers under the deck.
    Lots of weeding, it's a neverending job.
    Planted my first early potatoes in three half barrels. Variety, Premiere, the only ones left in the store.....never heard of them.
    The weather was kind, very breezy, but sunny and dry,
    Plenty more to be done in the garden, I just need more energy.
    Have a good night all.

Rary, pleased to hear you're on the mend.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Well it rained all day so didn't go out in the garden. Bright sun tonight and a forecast of frost , have been to check on things in need.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Rary it sounds like you’re slowly recovering. Take care and don’t go getting soaked sorting out that cardboard.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    ^How's the windsock doing, Bren? You called it the 'poor windsock' the other day, but by the sounds of it, the conditions have got worse since then.
    Poor wind socks has taken a battering lately and is looking a bit tattered. Still hanging on though.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good evening, haven't been coughing as much today, but still not 100% , actually went up to the greenhouse to feed the worms, thought I would check under the tray that the wormary is sitting on and found three flatworms so killed them off and added a little more vinegar to the water that the wormary is sitting in evidently the acidic "moat" idea works, also wondering if they are attracted by smell as I also have three plastic pails sitting near the tray but nothing below them, I must do further investigation 're this, also got a load of large cardboard boxes, would have put them down but felt OH glowering at me through the window, evidently glass deflects the heat as my neck didn't get burnt hopefully I can get the rest down tomorrow, but heavy rain is forecasted for tomorrow, I suppose I could order OH out to put it down😏 no I have a strong feeling it wouldn't be the cardboard that would go down😥, anyway have a good evening and hopefully everyone avoids flooding problems. Goodnight
    ​​​​​​,

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X