This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

The clouds are coming from the north east today, so it's a bit chilly outside.

GF, maybe drawer dividers would help keep the drawers more tidy.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• I think I need more than dividers. I need to get rid or move some of this:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20220306_112548.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	721.2 KB
ID:	2542362
      and this:

Name:	20220306_112452.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	609.8 KB
ID:	2542363

Comment

• Oh wow, GF!

You need the Minimal Mom!
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
          Oh wow, GF!

You need the Minimal Mom!
          I've just watched her. Now I have looked up at the top of the fridge and....groan, groan, I feel even more guilty, but at least it's, for me, organised. Boxes of ginger ale and tonic water and spare vases.

Comment

• GF, those drawers look just perfect to me. If you tidy them, you'll only have to find somewhere else to put it all. Not worth it. And as for the fridge, where else would one keep drinks waiting to go in it? Vases aren't easy to store, so why not the top of the fridge if that's convenient? Me, I've just used the last CR2032 battery and need to get more to bung in my 'stuff' drawer.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Very cold start to the day, but now a bit warmer. Just checked the weather report: a bit of drizzle due later.

Not getting anywhere very fast today but have managed to have several cups of tea. Feel like I'm in that song Right Said Fred.

Too late for the butties, I guess, Nicos. Bet the smiles enjoyed the crumpets yesterday. They certainly came back licking their lips.

Right, time to get something done. Have a great afternoon everyone.

Comment

• The drawers have been emptied and "tidied", using the term very loosely. Actually I didn't realise how many batteries I had (all together now). how many Stanley knives (and extra blades). As for pens and pencils...... I have put all the odd nuts, bolts, screws, etc in a big pot out of sight. Packs of elastic and spare seeing machine needles are with the sewing machine.

Although far from perfect I now know what is in there again and there is spare room for emergency dumping again. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220306_131747.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	547.0 KB
ID:	2542374

Name:	20220306_131712.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	503.2 KB
ID:	2542375

Comment

• Good job there gf.
                  First guess of emergency dumping?…my guess is elastic bands and plant food sachet from some bought flowers?

That video woman needs to take a reality check. Surely her kitchen is part of her working family home and not some show room.
                  Hiding things when visitors arrive?…. That’s a bit OCD if you ask me.
                  Well…it’s her home ,so I guess that’s her call.
                  My friends are my friends because they like me - not what state my home is in.
                  Yes, it’s a bit untidy and a bit dusty but the kitchen and bathrooms are hygienically clean, but they certainly won’t pick up tummy bugs or Covid when they come here even if they have to look at secateurs left to dry on the radiator etc….

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Depending on the time of year visitors here have to cope with chitting potatoes and seedlings cluttering the place up as well as assorted tools and seed trays.

I'm in full tidy organising mode now though. I've just been through the "kitchen file". It contains all the instruction books for kitchen items with the receipts stapled to them and assorted recipes too. The ones I use regularly have been plasticised so they are wipe clean, but there are lots of loose paper recipes printed from the internet, cut from magazines or scrawled on scraps of paper.

The kitchen file is now half the thickness. I still had receipts and instruction books from long replaced items and recipes I know I will never cook, or tasted awful the first time I cooked them.

Then I decided to give the cooker a good clean. I'm not sure what's come over me today. I'm going back in the kitchen again now to cook and make a mess, much more my style.

Comment

• Wow gf…head over this way next time you feel like that!

I’ve just cleared up my mess from the floor, wall, work surface, tap, tea towels , back door handle, kitchen bin….yup - I’ve just tried a sugar free, butter free recipe for scones. The clearing up took twice as long as mixing them.
                      Lets hope they taste ok!!!

Comment

• Talking about drawers I've spent ages this afternoon looking for our washing machine instructions they're not were its supposed to be. All the other appliance books are there, even things that we no longer own. ​​​​
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Nicos, I hope the scones are good. I do tend to distrust, butter and sugar free recipes but you never know. It is actually amazing how I can touch so many things with sticky hands without realising it at the time. I think the "organised" mode has worn off for me now. Normality has returned.....probably with a vengeance.

Comment

• Can you find the instructions online Bren?
                            I’ve downloaded a few in English of some items I’ve bought in France.

Comment

• Oh…and the scones I made were yuk. Tasteless

Comment

• Evening all,I finally went shopping, also came back with a new boom box,I gave it a workout with some CD's,also exercised my lungs,have missed doing things like that,I did say when I got to 60 I was going backwards,not forwards ,and boy it felt good,NOW I have motivation to get on the trampoline and go for a jog,I am out off condition,also a few years have crept up,so will build it up,where the Heck has LD been hiding ,have a good evening and remember Bgood2yourselves.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X