X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all..
    Its bright and breezy.
    in our hotel so there was lots of breakfast choices.

My husbands grandfather was killed on the first day of the Somme.
    In 1918 his wife died from the black flu leaving three young sons behind.
    They were tough years.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy and cold here today. But really must get my onions in the ground at some point today. Still got plenty of work to do first, though. So better get a move on.

Smiles on the loose, but not playing with Frankie as he's on a chair in the kitchen. Maybe they've already headed off in your direction and I didn't notice.

Have a great day all.

Comment

• Morning all.
        Been for a grory hop C&C this morning. There seem to be a lot fewer people doing this now, there is no longer a queue for the four designated C&C spaces, in fact the last three times there has only been one other car there when I arrived. people must be going back to shopping in store. I'm not sure I ever will, it's so quick and easy to order and then collect, and it prevents a lot of impulse purchases as far as I am concerned. Certainly as we get towards December it's nice not to have to queue at checkouts.

Armistice Day, yes, we must always remember. I'm forever grateful that both my grandfathers were in reserved occupations and not called up, though I believe my paternal grandfather was too old anyway for WWII.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Just a heads up for those who are doing family tree research….

Find my Past are allowing free access for Military, armed forces & conflict until 15th November

They are not complete records

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening all
            Busy day in the garden and I'm a great aunt again today
            Northern England.

Comment

• Evening All Eldest GG brought another load of our laundry back at teatime and wanted to take another load, but I wouldn't let her take it, she's far too busy. She's working full time (Neonatal Unit) and is in charge of fundraising for the unit. I was going to bake for Prematurity Day on Wednesday, but that was before the flood. I've just bought a new washing machine as it's been confirmed the electrics are ok and I was expecting to wait at least 10 days for delivery, but I've paid extra for it to be delivered on Saturday - yay! Have a lovely evening.
              BTW does anyone watch PAOTY? Cracking portrait from this week's winner
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                Evening all
                Busy day in the garden and I'm a great aunt again today
                Congratulations CG

Comment

• Morning all.

Very busy day ahead getting ready for visitors. I should have started yesterday but am so out of the way of doing these things it's only now I've realised how much I've got to get through. They're staying in our friend's place just up the valley but all social stuff will be here. So two places to get sorted. We'll be a bit on tenterhooks for the two weeks or so after they've gone, but really looking forward to seeing them.

Special delivery of smiles to CG. The others have left already too, as Frankie is back on his chair in the kitchen and isn't interested in playing today, as it's grey and gloomy out there.

Have a great day, everyone. I've left teas and coffees on the go. Biscoff biscuits in the tin. They were on special offer, that's my excuse (plus it's true).

Comment

• Good morning, wet and windy this morning, just back in as I had to pick up my granddaughter as she was dropping off her car for an mot test, an eighteen mile drive at this time of morning is not what I like nowadays just back in and having a quick cuppa then back out to let someone into the church to replace a window which was broken November the 5th. 2019, finally getting sorted, and of course windy and wet, (Whit a day to be replacin a windie) , (jist geein yeas a wee course own speakin proper​​​​​​) what ever you are doing today keep smiling
                    Last edited by rary; 12-11-2021, 01:37 PM.
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Just nipped in to say Happy Friday everyone

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I was awake stupidly early this morning Hibou has left 4 toys for us to ‘eat’ just on the top step of our staircase Good job I’d put the light on or I’d have been writing this from A&E

Congratulations Cg…always lovely to hear news like that.

Glad you are getting your new washing machine tomorrow Flo - what did you go for?
                        PAOTY…I had to look that up as I don’t have Sky. There definitely is some talent out there!
                        I wish I could paint/ draw. I can do basic sketches with a pencil and roughly paint a door but if asked to draw pictures of a cow, horse, buffalo, deer, goat they would no doubt look pretty interchangeable!

Speaking of which I need to go and help with the insulation.
                        OH wasn’t very well in the end yesterday- really bad headache, neck back shoulder aches - but they have almost gone….so no excuses not to crack on!

Enjoy your day peeps…..so very nearly weekend!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Mild and breezy and 10 degs, so all good.
                          Collecting my grandson at lunch time so it will be a fun afternoon.
                          Flo, glad your getting somewhat sorted.
                          Snoop, enjoy your visitors.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

It's a dry day here a bit too windy for leaf raking though, some shopping then I'm back to sorting out my craft room

enjoy your day.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Another sorting their craft room ^^^ any plans for what you will be making?

Morning
                              The kettle is on. The sun is shining again thankfully. Had enough of rain already. Enjoy your day, I intend to get outside.
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Morning, sunny here too!! Not sure what’s on the cards today, we will see what happens!
                                Enjoy your day. x
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X