• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Flo and all
    Very dark and overcast, forecast for rain

Enjoy your day
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all, haven’t been around for a while…did you miss me?
      Have been staying at my daughters this past week or so and had one day and two overnights babysitting my 6 month old granddaughter. She had been teething and her first tooth popped through just before we arrived. She was a bit cranky on the morning her mum and dad returned home…perfect timing on our part as her second tooth was on its way, glad to say we were off the clock by that time!
      Forgot how hard it is looking after babies.
      Going to be lost this week although laundry to catch up on today.
      We have the first rain we have seen in ages today. We noticed when we got back last night how much cooler it is up here than in England. Maybe we will emigrate!
      Anyhoo, enough of my ramblings. Hope you all have a fab day and are all well. x
      sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Its art day here al well.
        We are going to take the bus into Malaga and do the shops.

Jay, how fast those six months have passed.
        Glad you're getting time to spend with your granddaughter.
        They're a full time job alright, my grandson is three now.

Anyway, have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.
          It's raining! Soft gentle rain that will hopefully soak into my parched hard earth and give the plants a much needed boost. Looks like it's set to go on for a while as the sky is a uniform grey all over. Lovely.
          It'll be wellies and brollie for today's walk then
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Very gloomy here, thick cloud and not a breath of wind. Supposedly a 99% chance of rain here today. Mind you 89% chance yesterday and not a drop. I've got to shop today and pick up necessities of life at least, fresh milk, cream and wine.
            A trip to the allotment at some point just to keep on top of the harvesting.
            Just realised l forgot my youngest brother's birthday yesterday. He lives in Australia so a grovelling e-mail is probably my next job.
            Jay it sounds as if you've gone home for a rest.
            Amazing! The weatherman got it right. It has just started raining. My rainwater barrels were nigh on empty.

Comment

• Morning its been raining steadily here for the past hour like you say mothhawk is much needed. I did get in the garden earlier to pick beans and raspberries but I think that will be it for being in the garden today.

Jay it sounds like you had a good time with your granddaughter even though she was teething xx

Enjoy your day.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Got a very busy day ahead to catch up after yesterday's outing. But had a good session earlier in the garden. The dog that eats peppers ate a load more last night and has starting digging up the potatoes. So there must be some good ones in there. I think the dog just pushes and pushes against the gate till it opens enough for him to get in and out. I spotted yet more melons and had a whole load more butternut squash flowers waiting for pollination.

So, today's question: I have three rather large red cabbages that all need eating. Does anyone here freeze it? Any tips? Pickling is out of the question this year.

The smiles are hanging round down here with me at the moment. I picked an absolutely lovely-smelling melon (Emir) yesterday. I think it might make a good breakfast with a bit of cured ham and toast with salted butter. They'll probably fly off after that, as there's not much else to hang around for. Frankie had a bit of a fall this morning and though he seems to be OK, he has taken to his bed. So there's no-one for them to play with. Hope they reach you OK. Hope they get to Burnie too. I keep seeing his name on all the threads he started.

Have a lovely day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I wondered why it seemed quiet on here Jay!
                  Those 6 months have indeed gone so quickly. My little granddaughter pushed her second tooth too Jay only last week.

Flo ! - oh no!….fingers crossed the insurance pays up - what a mess / disruption for you

After a sunny, dry day we had heavy showers and thunderstorms last night. It’s stopped now but everything is dripping wet outside.
                  I love thunderstorms -so exciting!

Never tried freezing red cabbage snoop so I can’t help you there.

Off for a grory hop later - OH needs some DIY stuff too.

Enjoy your day peeps, may the sun shine on those who want it, and the rain fall on those who need it!…keep safe peeps- see ya later!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                    Morning all. So, today's question: I have three rather large red cabbages that all need eating. Does anyone here freeze it? Any tips? Pickling is out of the question this year.
                    Snoop i've not froze red cabbage on its own but I have used this recipe and frozen it.

https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/...ge-with-apples

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

Snoop i've not froze red cabbage on its own but I have used this recipe and frozen it.

https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/...ge-with-apples
                      Now that is fantastic news. Only so much red cabbage we can eat in one go and all three are fairly sizeable. Thanks, Bren.

Comment

• Good afternoon

We've had steady rain all day, hopefully it'll close up some of the cracks in the earth - it's certainly put some back in the barrels
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Evening

It's been the same here MrBones like you say it will have topped up our water butts I even left a couple of trugs out to try to catch more.

Have a good evening.

Comment

• Good Morning All Last one at work today until next Wednesday Quite warm. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all
                              Bright out by the look of it today. No gardening planned but we shall see.

Bit of food shopping to do then hopefully It will stay dry enough to do a bit of work with my anvil.

Yesterday I dragged the electric extension up to the top of the garden so I could use my angle grinder and after half an hour it started chucking it down. As water and electricity don't mix too well had to drag cable back in again. Hopefully I can carry on from where I left off .....weather permitting!

TTFN
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

A whole week at home Flo?…not the same as a week off I know, but it must be handy to have quick loo breaks and do things like stick the washing in etc?
                                My son works from home from time to time and gets much more office work done.

Busy day ahead - we’re expecting a delivery of an organic lamb this morning for the freezer which we’ll need to re-portion and bag up ,then over to the GP and then out for the grory hop which didn’t happen earlier this week.

Its just started drizzling, but still really quite warm out there….oh those lucky weeds!

Have a great day peeps - see ya later!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X