This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

I’ve a few photos of the hares over the past few months….I’ll try and hunt them out and post them on the wildlife thread.

I had read somewhere that you don’t usually see hares where there are rabbits. Not sure how accurate that is, but we don’t have rabbits locally.

Are you going to plant some flowers/ bulbs in that topsoil Snadge or do you need to wait a while?

As the forecast is very mixed, We’ve decided to take our gazebo to the bbq tonight so if it rains we can stay outside. It’s 5x3 m so should be perfect.
    Thank goodness we have it! I bought it for my craft stalls and seed swap events but it’s not been used now for nearly 2 years. Fingers crossed the mice haven’t taken up residency in it and chewed holes….
    I’m actually thinking of putting on my thermal underwear ( steady on boys!) for this evening…chilly and damp here too Bones - deffo has a feel of autumn interspersed with the occasional window of an hour or two of summer.

Right…time for another brew…not sure if it’ll be up to Bones’s standard , so I’ll leave the milk etc for you all to do your own
    Theres some chocolate and coconut cake if anyone fancies a piece…looks like there are a few of Snoop’s smiles fluttering around there too.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Dull but dry start to the day.

Hares, yes I have seen plenty of them.
      My mother was in a nursing home in North County Dublin and there were always plenty of them around the fields.
      I have also seen them in the grounds of Dublin airport.

Anyway, on with the day.
      Thanks for the tea and cake.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• The sun is shining. Hardly a cloud in the sky. Rang to book a Care home visit this morning to find all visiting is cancelled due to a covid case. Just hope it hasn't spread.
        Off to do some weeding shortly.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Late on parade today but glad to hear the smiles got off safely without me. Had a good walk with the dogs and Frankie (new walk for him, coped very well). Then it took me ages to do the watering as the barrels are nearly empty. Scraping the bottom with my watering can meant it took a while. Just got it all done before the wasps turned up looking for water too. Not much left for them, I'm afraid to say.

Hares... very occasionally we see them here, hurtling along in front of the car on the dirt tracks. Lovely sight.

Someone has sent me some work... They said they would but I didn't really think it would happen now. Ah well. Probably just as well. Can't be making cakes and bread every day. All this free time is very bad for my midriff. (I daren't say waistline, I'm not sure I have one anymore!)

Have a good rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Went to get my eyes checked today after the missed appointment last week. New specs next week. My, what a difference in price to where I went before. two lots of specs (reading and varifocal) for the price of one set three years ago. So glad I missed the first appointment and changed opticians!

The three cherry plums that grow wild in the hedges around here have fruit this year, so spent the rest of the morning making jam. I ate quite a few raw too, they are so delicious. So if anyone wants an afternoon cuppa, there's scones and jam too.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Prevening All Not working late tonight Nicos, but it's been nice all day so hope that bodes well for your barbie Back to the office tomorrow for the rest of the week. Have a good evening
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Had lunch today, rather than supper. So not hungry enough for another meal. But those scones and jam sound fantastic and would fit the bill perfectly for supper, mothhawk. Am I too late? One of those would go down a treat.

Out of interest, do the plums release easily from their stones?

Comment

• Evening, I've spent most of the day out and about then some gardening and reading, it started raining just as we came indoors to sort out dinner so so we timed that well.
                  mothhawk I do like scones and jam its my favourite afternoon tea treat.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    Quite a dull day here, it never really picked up.
                    We spent the day giving the house a good tidy up.
                    Hovered, cleaned and polished wooden flooring.
                    Polished the leather setee and recliners.
                    Cleaned all the windows which are large.
                    Just finished dinner and we are both shattered but happy.
                    Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                      Had lunch today, rather than supper. So not hungry enough for another meal. But those scones and jam sound fantastic and would fit the bill perfectly for supper, mothhawk. Am I too late? One of those would go down a treat.

Out of interest, do the plums release easily from their stones?
                      Better than damsons, but not as easy as plums. But they just fit into my cherry stoner, and that popped the stones out, no hassle.
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull and warm here again. I'll have to get used to the early hours again, it was quite a shock to hear the alarm! Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all
                          13 degs and light cloud, will probably water one or two bits today, certainly the celeriac and the PT would benefit.
                          Day three of plumbers so it's very messy and noisy housewise at the moment.

Enjoy the day
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning Mr B, Flo and all. The sun's out here, which probably means the rest of the day will be overcast and dull. A good downpour is what the garden needs, but it doesn't seem to be on the cards till at least the weekend, so I shall be watering the pots and tubs, and maybe the runner beans too.
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning the suns out here as well it did feel damp out earlier though.

We've got a fair few pigeons around just now their game seems to be knocking each other out the the Silver birch tree, they're very nosy with it.

Enjoy your day.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Thanks for the info about the cherry plums, mothhawk. We have a very old variety of plum on our land. Really delicious and very thin-skinned. Not many trees survive, apparently. The plums drop off in just a few days once ripe, but there are lots of them. They're small and fiddly, so I have to admit I hadn't thought about cooking with them. But a cherry stoner sounds just the job. Thanks.

Been out and about with the dogs and on my second cup of tea. About to head out into the veg patch with Mr Snoop as more water from the well required. Cloudy start to the day here, so can afford to be later about it. Went out at 7.30 am, though, and inspected the squash flowers. One female among dozens of males, but the bees were already out and at it. So I hope there was enough pollen left. The female was looking a bit done for already, to be honest. Anyway, fingers crossed. Bees must have been up early as it was quite a warm night in comparison with the night before.

Hope you all have lovely days. Bramble, you sound like you deserve a day on the sofa, admiring your handiwork from yesterday. Smiles hanging around the kettle in the hopes of more scones and jam. Greedy so-and-sos. Anyway, I'll chivvy them out when I head off into the veg patch.

Hope you all have a lovely day. T

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X