Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• afternoon all,been shopping,noticed a lot of bare patches on shelves,wonder what the storing item will be this time round,bet is not loo rolls,new teeth eh,that's what i could do with,ooh the sun is shinning,no doubt practicing for the next heat wave,Nicos,pre pandemic,i took my mobile to sort something out,and also said,the screen seems dark,it was only because i had sun glasses on,we all do things lass,well done on the lottery win,where do i send the begin letter to ,just joking,seagulls are a bloomin menace anywhere,i recone they smell food,Snadger,you take it easy,listen to your body,enjoy your lunch Bramble ,and house hunting,all the very best,if is meant to be,it will present it's self all the best,have a good afternoon and Bgood2yourselves
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• First day back at work tomorrow after a week off, glad to be WFH, but bad planning - I have a meeting at 9! Get your bikini and sunglasses ready Nicos, it's sure to be hot and sunny
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening

It turned out to be a good day none of that rain the MetOffice forecast earlier arrived. I've gardened then out walking this afternoon. Talking of glasses I've started to wear my reading glasses when I'm washing lettuce those caterpillars were getting had to spot.

Enjoy your evening.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all
          Can't hang about, workmen coming today to rip out the bathroom.

Catch you later
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning, sun’s up, looks like a good day ahead. Not much to do so I’m going to enjoy it as it looks like rain for the foreseeable.
            Best of luck with the bathroom Mr. B!! I’ll make the tea this morning.
            have a great day everyone. x
            sigpic

Comment

• Morning a sunny start here as well Jay some baking and gardening then a walk later.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                Lovely cuppa , thanks Jay.

New bathroom eh Bones?....nice one!

Lots more showers here overnight so the field is going to be impossible to cut today.

Paperwork for me today, can't keep putting it off

Must be time for another brew?!
                Last edited by Nicos; 02-08-2021, 08:59 AM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Good luck with the bathroom, Mr B. And thanks for the tea, Jay.

All good here. The sweetcorn pollen has evidently all gone as the cloud of bees is all over the squash. Fortunately, I was up before the bees and spotted a female flower and hand pollinated it before the rush. Fingers crossed it has taken. Also a few more melons.

Not much other news. I thinned out the overwintering beetroot yesterday but this morning Frankie decided I hadn't done a good enough job so removed a load more. Picked a few more courgette this morning, including one I didn't spot yesterday and which is now huge. Mr Snoop is talking about getting a second freezer for the gluts. Took me ages and all my powers of persuasion to get the first one. It's been a boon in these Covid times and he's been glad to have it too. Me, I'm all for a second one. It would live in the house in town, where we have mains electricity.

I'm ready for a late morning nap, but I've got a loaf on the go that I need to stay awake for. Bad planning on my part.

Right, better go and find something to keep me awake but out of mischief. Have a good one all. Smiles are over by the teas today. They're waiting for the crust off the loaf and are not keen to go far from home just yet. But they should be easy to grab if you want one. Have a good day, everyone

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    A dull and cool start to the day, it's just 12 degs.
                    Bank holiday here and my son and his family are visiting this afternoon.

New bathroom Mr Bones, we had ours done a few years ago,
                    Bit of a messy job but worth it in the end.
                    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I went down to the allotment earlier. It was mild and cloudy but wet underfoot. I picked half a dozen little Sungold tomatoes, a mini cucumber, some unexpected broccoli and a few courgettes. I also did some weeding and then got rained off. I was going to go shopping tomorrow or Wednesday but the weather forecast is much better for then so I've done it today.

Comment

• Good Evening All Told you it would be a nice day today! I'm envying all the harvesting - I've only managed CACA salad this year. Ah well, maybe next year .... Have a lovely evening.
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Are you working late tomorrow Flo?
                          Its just that we've been invited to a BBQ in the evening and I was wondering if I should take me brolly
                          Apart from our trip to the uk this will be the first meal out with friends in 16 months.

My interesting bit of news today is that we've not been getting any strawberries recently. I've seen a few mouldy ones but nothing much else.
                          Anyway...OH was walking past the strawberry patch and suddenly a hare dashed out and off into the patches of long grass we leave for the wildlife.
                          We have 2 hares and I don't mind tbh...better them than the mice which previously nipped them off whilst green and put them into several neat piles in the strawberry bed
                          Last edited by Nicos; 02-08-2021, 08:50 PM.
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all
                            Hare's are such lovely creatures Nicos, you're very lucky, even at the cost of your strawberries

Bit cooler this morning, only nine degs

Kettle's on, grab a hot one
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning

I've not seen any Hares around here for years only rabbits, not sure where they're hiding or just not in our area anymore. We do have an Hedgehog not seen him though just his poo.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Morning all

Only ever seen hares once and that was thirty years ago. I used to maintain a cricket wicket and there they were one morning having a boxing match on the cricket table.

Seems a bit brighter today so off to Helen's grave to try and tidy it up a bit now the flowers have died. I asked the Council to top up the soil which had subsided. They did this and I was very thankful. It appears to have subsided again so rather than ask them again I will just go and buy a couple of bags of topsoil and do it myself.
                                The graveyard isn't too far away from the allotment so I will probably spend a bit of time there as well. Need to get on top of the weeds.
                                TTFN
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X