Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG!!!!!….*does a jig…we have rain!…actual rain!
    Smells wonderful too, warm and dusty….mmmm.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Back in after giving the plants a good water and lamenting the damage. Due to be cooler today, around the mid-30s, but more importantly, the wind has dropped. Forecast says we'll have a few days in the low 30s early next week, then a few more hot days and then possibly rain. I know how you feel, Nicos. I can't remember when we last had rain. Really looking forward to it. So long as it's not a deluge!

Busyish morning ahead but definitely having an afternoon nap. Found it hard to sleep last night, so a bit groggy today. Nothing an iced coffee wouldn't improve though. I've made a big pot and there's loads of ice in the bucket. Help yourselves and take a smile or two too. Have a good day, everyone.

Been thinking about you, Snadger, by the way. Hope you're coping OK.

Comment

• Morning all
        No rain here but cooler and overcast. Garlic to tie up this morning then get the onions under cover on racking.

Have a god one
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning another cooler pleasant day here perfect for being out and about.

Snoop I hope your plants are doing ok, your cool is an high temperature for me

Enjoy your day
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            cooler and breezy here this morning following on from thunder, lightning, very heavy rain and hailstones yesterday evening.
            Thank goodness OH cut the field/garden yesterday.

I’m just waiting for a friend to turn up to collect several years worth of GYO mags and a pile of gardening books…..he’s really excited!

More sorting today but this time indoors - we’ve loads of books we’ve been given over the years and just piled them up, but tbh there are some neither of us would read, so we both need to sit there together and say yes/no.

Fog horns bramble?… wow, not heard those for years!…I just presumed everything would be radar controlled these days.

Right…must be time for another brew!….

Comment

• Good Morning All I knew it would be cooler today and it's dull. Hope there's enough breeze to dry my washing. My daughter and her family are still in isolation and it's driving them crackers. Middle GG who has had the Covid is now much better, but is bitterly disappointed because she was going to Tramlines this weekend. Right, on with the motley and have a good day All
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                A sunny morning but a little cooler.
                Hopefully the traffic will be lighter heading to the coast this week.

Fog horns, yes Nicos apparently any vessel moving while there is fog must sound a horn.
                We had a couple of foggy nights this past week,

Rain needed here badly but so far none is forecast.
                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Very productive day here .... still more to do but a great start.

Looks like we are having an early delivery of wood on Monday so tomorrow will be spent moving the remaining wood from last year and cutting and splitting it to make way for storing the new wood.
                  Its heavy work , so fingers crossed my back holds up.

Sorry to hear about your gg Flo. Cant be easy for her, especially as I'm sure she needs a bit of an uplift after having felt so ill.

Comment

• Probably a good thing Nicos - I'm not at all sure that allowing crowds to mix freely already is wise, not something I'd do yet anyway. Watch your back tomorrow.
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening

Its been a short and t-shirt day going for a walk was much more pleasant without the blazing sunshine we did have a bit of rain only 5 to 10 mins then it stopped.
                      enjoy your evening.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• More (s)nail hunting in the garden today. i now understand why a load of my plants are totally shredded... hopefully a thing of the past with my new hunting team!
                        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning all

Quite dull today but no rain forecast.

Enjoy the day
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Odd, isn't it Nicos? Despite the recent weather, I've been thinking about getting in touch with our firewood delivery man. Problem is I suspect he's thinking of giving up doing firewood as he has a proper day job now, as does everyone in his family. So, no need for extra cash. Might have to find someone else... Which would be a bore, but not the end of the world.

Done some of my watering today but a bit more to go. Better step on it, as it's getting quite warm already.

Have a good day, everyone. Smiles over by the kettle and the tub of buns. Made yesterday, so not absolutely fresh. But better than no buns. Especially split open like scones with a bit of jam in them...

Comment

• Quite overcast and grey here at the moment. Originally we were supposed to have atrocious weather this weekend with lots of heavy rain but they keep moving it forward, now it's supposed to be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
                              We're off out to a family gathering this afternoon. Some of them I haven't seen for well over a year. One niece has got married (at third attempt with about half a dozen guests due to lockdown), pregnant, and had her baby since I saw her last.
                              Last edited by greenishfing; 25-07-2021, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Morning all

On the subject of wood for logburner I was pondering whether to order a large load, but didn't have the energy or time to load and stack it.
                                I was out walking my dog and passed a garden close by that had loads of seasoned wood stacked. I got talking and the guy was selling his house and needed to get rid of the wood piles. I managed to talk him inn to deliver a small manageable load for a very good price.

Amazing what and who you come across while dog walking.

TTFN
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X