This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning everyone

Sunny here too Flo, but only 8 degrees at the mo. It's a tad chilly but I'm glad we don't have your 35 degrees Snoop it must be blistering for you

Catch up with you all later
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning Flo and MrB
      I shall put the kettle on.
      For once the sun is trying to shine. I was actually cold in the early hours, it must have really cooled off. Still a nip now.
      Last edited by Containergardener; 15-06-2021, 05:01 AM.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Cool here too Mr B. Just finished watering all the pots and tubs so I'm quite ready for another brew, I'll make a big pot, so plenty for all. If it warms up I intend scrubbing the green off the north side of the fence so I can give it a coat of stain/preservative. Modern thinking is that dark colours/black is best, to make the fence fade into the background. I'm not so sure I'd like black. Does anyone else have a black stained fence?
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning it was cooler last night my in GH a low of 10c instead of the 16 and 17c I have been getting this week.

Can't help with fence colours Mothhawk we have brick walls surrounding our garden, I have seen a fair few fences they seem to be black, brown or that heritage green colour that seems popular.

It looks like being another sunny day here.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

The sun has not got his hat on here at all. But he's out, giving us bareheaded, barefaced heat. It's too much at this time of year. 32 ºC at 9.30 am. Penny, our remaining female cat from when we moved here, now going on for 15, was determined to join me on the dog walk this morning. She's black. It was a very slow walk from patch of shade to patch of shade. But good news on the horizon, storm due on Thursday, due to bring down temperatures. Hope it's not accompanied by hail.

Either way, I've decided to take it easy on the gardening for the next few days, just do the watering and tie up the toms and pepper plants. Get some paid work out the way too and make the most of the cooler conditions later in the week to get the rest of my planting out done and make some headway with the scything.

I nearly ran out of smiles on the dog walk, but Frankie had let a load loose from the bag and they're all over the place. Catch them if you can. He's rather put the wind up them. I really think we should have called him Godzilla. His favourite trick at the moment is to sit up on his back legs and slash at anything that passes by. The dogs are fed up. I've stopped telling them off for prodding him (no teeth) in a bid to stop him.

Have a good day, everyone. Hope you're going OK with the packing and preparations, LD.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              Thankfully a bit cooler here but it’s still very sunny.

Frankie does sound a handful doesn’t he?

We used to paint our fences dark oak brown when we lived in the UK
              They were almost hidden in the summer by shrubs and plants but gave a great neutral background.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all, a bit cooler here today.

Moth hawk, I painted my fence and garden shed a lovely pale grey/ lavender and it totally blends into the background.

Snoop, sounds like Frankie is a real handful, hopefully he will grow out of his aggressive ways.

Me, I thought I would finish my sons garden yesterday but there is another days work to be done.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all,another hot one ,still no official commitment from the solicitors,about this friday,BUT,son spoke to our purchase agent,and the upshot is,my new set of keys are already to get picked up,once the money's have been transfered,mean time,moving is going well,amazing just what support i have got,via eldest and his network of friends,with both storage and hands on help,,even if the date gets moved from the 18th all will be sorted,and i will not be homeless ,is so hard to believe what has been going on my life for so long,i still feel am in a tardis,just waiting to land,all so strange with a mix of emotions,if i go of air for bit,i will be back ASP x
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Hello all,

Nice a warm again here today with a slight breeze.

Grass cut tonight and quite possible plant out my competition sunflower
                    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                    - Henry Beard

Comment

• When you don’t need the Tardis anymore lottie just leave it in the cellar of the Gardeners Rest will you?

Glad things are forging ahead for you finally - sending loads and loads of positive thoughts in your direction…..and some of Snoops smiles for when you need them.
                      Last edited by Nicos; 15-06-2021, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Is it too late for a brew?
                        I’m feeling thirsty - clearly not had enough fluids again during the day

Comment

• Good Morning All Scorchio yet again! Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flo’n’all

Scorchio here too. Did you find your tea by the toaster?

Looks like we might be in for some thundery rain later so I need to get the field cut once the dew has evaporated but before the heat really cranks up.. I’ll whisper this quietly but I think the grass growth has finally started slowing down…we’ll see

Apart from that it’s going to be a pottering day.
                            I like pottering days…just do a bit here and there and get stuck into something if it takes my fancy.

I best let Hibou in - she’s demanding her breakfast !

Enjoy your day peeps…it’s almost midsummers day!

Comment

• Morning all

Sunny again but forecast to cloud over tonight. Might put a few covers over outside cukes etc to protect against pummeling rain or hail while the plants are still tender.

Enjoy your day
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
                                **grabs a tea **
                                Grey here with rain forecast most of the day. Grass was cut yesterday, I did some terracotta pots of alpines too.
                                Dog at vet today for leg review and pay bill ££££££
                                Better get these dogs walked.
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X