Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning another sunny day here best make the most of it looking at the forecast we've got rain for the next few days. Its much needed rain my butts are almost empty.

Enjoy your day.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Sunny here too, Bren, I'm hoping for an overnight downpour, but often when rain is forecast it doesn't make it to us here in central England. Must be the higher ground in counties to all sides taking it. If it stays dry I shall have to fill the water butt with the hose.

Anyone got a fresh brew on? I could do with a second cuppa
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• *passes MH a cuppa.
        A tad late maybe?
        Always time for a fresh one!

Speaking of tea….my Yorkshire teabags arrived from Germany today !

Worked out much cheaper than buying direct from the UK as there was no import duty to pay for some bizarre reason.
        I ended up paying just under £50 for 960 bags instead of £74 for 1,000 Still flipping expensive though.

Have to keep looking for offers from all over the place!
        Last edited by Nicos; 16-06-2021, 08:59 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
          No sunshine here and it's quite overcast.
          Both the waterbutts are empty so some rain would be welcome,l
          I need to pop into town this morning as I have an item I need to exchange,
          Catch you all later, have a good day,

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, it doesn’t know what to do today...dull but then a bit brighter. Poured with rain all night so I guess the lawns will be growing at a race of knots!
            Have a lovely day everyone...enjoy your tea Nicos!! x
            sigpic

Comment

• Another belter here today. hopefully we can have some restbite with a bit of rain tonight and tomorrow but im not sure we'll get much.

Happy Wednesday all!
              "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
              - Henry Beard

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Taken ages to get a connection today. Again. Possibly the weather. Can't make up its mind. But rain is apparently due in half an hour or so. What a relief that would be.

Not much in the way of gardening today. Watering and a bit of weeding. We're due to bring more water up from the well tonight, but might leave it till tomorrow if it rains a decent amount today. Veg patch looking quite nice and green now. Good to have things planted out.

Got a busyish afternoon ahead, so better step on it. Hope you all have a good rest of the day. Smiles by the kettle for anyone wanting an afternoon brew. I needed one, that's for sure.

Oh, Nicos, apparently the British Corner Shop lot have opened a warehouse in the EU, so no additional VAT or import duties. I haven't bought anything from them, so no idea what they're like. But they do lots of different types of tea. Terrible mark-up, of course, but might work out cheaper than the tea you're getting from Germany.

Comment

• It is 26°C here at the moment without a breath of wind. I am too hot now. Planted out more courgettes, squashes and sweetcorn today and even picked a couple of perfect strawberries (perfect as in the slugs and blackbirds didn't beat me to them).
                  Bramble the lavender/grey shed sounds really nice.
                  Last edited by greenishfing; 16-06-2021, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Exactly the same here gf.....but 32C, and the humidity is mental
                    Its clouded over so we may get the promised thunderstorm.

I went to check on my strawberries as there were a few white ones the other day. I've just picked a kilo of ripe ones!
                    Glad I got them before they got soggy in the rain!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening another day spent outdoors, we're supposed to be having rain/thunderstorms over the next couple of days so wanted to get all the garden things up to date. GH temp reached 36c this afternoon that was with door, louvers, auto-vent and shading.

enjoy your evening.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening
                        Had mizzle most of the day. Cooler again. Did the supermarket run then another dog walk.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning.

Mistook the time on the clock and was showered and up by 5am. I thought it seemed a rather dull grey day when I had to put the light on in the bathroom, guess I was out of bed before the sun.

It is overcast though, even now the sun's up. Everywhere looks damp, but not drenched, so couldn't have had much rain in the night.

The kettle's on again, anyone fancy a cuppa?
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning MH. Nice n early then
                            Bit grey here , damp after yesterday's rain so the midges are out.
                            I will grab a tea.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• I really didn't sleep well. I looked out at 4 ish and for the first time in weeks everything was wet. I don't know how much we've had but we could do with a bit more yet. It would be nice if my soil which is reminiscent of concrete at the moment didn't turn to thick gloop just to the halfway stage. It's actually stopped raining at the moment but the sun is well hidden.

Comment

• Morning all
                                Damp here but not wet so couldn't have been much. Barrels are still empty.
                                Grory hop this morning

Enjoy your day
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X