X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will be thinking of you and your family tomorrow LD xx
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Even a light showers on a d off sort of day warmed up though but no sunshine here either.
      We still have fine rain . Dread the slugs tonight.
      I can hear them slithering through the field

Thinking of you Lottie xx
      Northern England.

Comment

• Very hot here today, did a little pottering about in the greenhouse and the veg patch. Managed to get the grass cut which seems to be shooting up at a fair old rate.

Hope all have a happy Wednesday, or at least not bad.
        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Absolutely airless here today so I stayed indoors and did some sorting out of cupboards for the charity shop

( I blame lottie too!)
          Last edited by Nicos; 09-06-2021, 08:42 PM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Lottie - will be thinking of you tomorrow xx

Comment

• Good Morning All Very grey but very hot here today. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all

Will be thinking of you Lottie.

Last edited by Mr Bones; 10-06-2021, 05:03 AM.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning

Kettles on.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all. I was awake far too early this morning, hot and sticky weather to blame I think. It's very cloudy and close here at the moment. I've got lots to do at the allotment today but first I've got to take my husband to the hospital (10 am) I'm hoping that he gets his sling removed and gets a much smaller dressing.

Comment

• Morning, no wonder it felt hot last night my GH low was 17.3c and that was with the doors and louvers open. Going to be the same for the next few days apparently.

Shopping first then the days mine

enjoy your day
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

Very windy here and seems a lot cooler with the wind chill.

Project for today is to try and bring some order into the area behind my shed which I hope to establish as a workshop. Its just a pile of assorted wood at the moment but I have a plan in mind so just need to get cracking with it.

TTFN
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all. A day out is on the cards.
                          First day trip with our long time friends and so looking forward to it,
                          We seem to be slowly getting back to some kind of normality.
                          Have a good day all whatever you're doing.

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family today.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

No gardening this morning. Went to bed with backache. Woke up with it this morning. So apart from a little gentle potting-on and seed-sowing, I'm going to be taking it easy today. Temperatures well into the thirties at this time of day already, so not overly keen to exert myself now anyway.

I've had to lock Frankie outside. The dogs are getting no peace. One of them is positively miserable at his constant harassment. The ageing tom was taking the strain and now Frankie has no-one to play with but himself. He's got loads of toys, but they won't do by the look of things. He's got plenty of shade, cool places in the barn next to the kitchen, water to drink. Just hope he wears himself out for a bit. Never had a kitten like him. Non-stop violence apart from just an hour or so in the morning, when he has a nap and a couple or so in the afternoon. No idea what he gets up to at night, but I imagine it's more of the same. Constant launching of attacks on hands and feet. And tails and heads in the case of the dogs. I've suggested another kitten, but Mr Snoop is against the idea. So we've just got to wait till Frankie grows out of this phase.

LD, you're in my thoughts today.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I’ve just finished tucking into a bacon and egg bap. OH’s bread roll, egg from our chook called cuckoo, and bacon we home smoked from a piece of organic belly pork. Together with a couple of mugs of Yorkshire tea.

OH has the shredder again tomorrow so he’s getting out his chain saw as we speak. We’ve lots of bits of dead wood needing thinning out so it’s good to have our minds focussed on getting on with it rather than being distracted by hundreds of more pressing things.

Hope GF’s OH gets on well at hospital today.

Theres supposed to be a partial eclipse of the sun at some point today...must check it out. Having said that this is the first cloudy day this week

Enjoy your day peeps!

( thinking of you lottie xxxx)

Comment

• Hope your back improves quickly snoop - poor thing sounds like it’s been working overtime recently!

Eclipse is going on right now apparently

”The partial solar eclipse 2021 will start at 10:07am BST today, Thursday 10 June, in the UK.

It will reach its maximum at 11:14am, concluding at 12:26pm.”

https://www.sciencefocus.com/space/s...lipse-2021-uk/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X