Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowing here at the moment, big snow flakes too.

Comment

• Afternoon all.
      Been a nice day here, started off cloudy but no wind so didn't feel too cold, and now the sun is out. Gave the grass it's first cut of the year. I usually leave it all until May when the crocus leaves have died down, but as tackling long lawn grass in May with a small electric cylinder mower is not a lot of fun I decided to go ahead and cut it. if the crocus don't do well next year I'll go back to a late cut.
      When we had that warm spell 2 weeks ago, I made a salad containing shop bought red pepper and cress. The pepper had seeds that looked on the point of germination, so I scattered some onto the medium that the cress had grown on in its little clear plastic pot thing - (waste not, want not) and blow me, I've got 8 sturdy little pepper seedlings that are ready to pot on.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon
        Lovely morning until the snow flurries, washing was pretty much dry. Online shopping came and now a hail shower.
        While building up my compost bin I watched the goldfinches and lots of siskins. Its still hailing/snowing.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Hey all!
          horrible weather day here too.. managed to get a few more 'no dig' beds prepped.. now nestling in to an organic Portuguese Red..
          <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• Good evening all, a cold sunny afternoon but no rain here.
            Spent some of the afternoon weeding my flower border and found one of my dahlias has two new shoots on already.
            Covered it with fleece and a flower pot until this cold snap passes.
            All plants now tucked up for the night.
            The forecast looks milder for the coming week.
            Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• bramble I'm not bringing mine back in the house tonight.. 0c is forecast.. fingers crossed!
              <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• Morning all
                Another white frost but the sun is shining, forecast is cloudy for the afternoon. Hope to get on with more weeding today.
                Enjoy your day.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Morning CG and all.
                  Good start with the beds Cptn, and hope the snow's have melted for those who encountered it yesterday.
                  Have already been abroad this morning, sunny but with frost and a cold wind. Not sure what's on the agenda for the rest of the day

Happy Sundays
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Good Morning All Freezing again but sunny. Have a lovely Sunday
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, the suns out so that early frost has gone we have sunshine but the only place to enjoy it is in the GH though. My toms, cucs and courgettes are now in there for the day.
                      Have a good Sunday.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Nice looking beds, CCO (hope it's OK to shorten your name).

All good here. Raining when I got up. We've had a bit of a lull but more due very soon. Not much, but it's cloudy and not too windy so it's sinking in. The ground is rock hard in places, so any rain is welcome.

Busyish day ahead. But time for tea first.

Have a great day, everyone. Don't forget to take some smiles with you.

Comment

• Lovely sunny morni g here but it's still cold.
                          All plants now out in the greenhouse, it's getting quite crowded in there.
                          No plan for the day.
                          Have a good Sunday all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Had a lovely crisp dog walk but its clouding in now
                            Watched a Carol Klein program last night where she was taking cuttings. That's what il do instead if its a bit cool out.

But first I have my first kitchen waste to take to the compost bin
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Morning everybody.

Sunshine and cloud here but no wind and that makes a real difference to the feel of the air outdoors. Sunday lunch prepped and ready to go, I'm trying a new dessert, which in my Modern Cookery Illustrated (circa 1948) calls Apple Cup and now I've made it I see it's much more of an apple curd. Tastes delicious whatever it's called.

I read through a lot of recipes (love reading cookery books) and it dawned on me how much less sugar there is in all the dessert recipes compared with today, and yet they taste just as good, in fact better than heavily sugar-loaded puds.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• There's way too much sugar in foods today MH. Apple curd sounds nice , love apples but never eat puddings.
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X