This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    ^^^^ vaccination is this Thursday and burpday the following day. That’s why I was wondering about postponing the vaccination a couple of days.

OH is playing with his chainsaw in the garden today...I daren’t go and look what he’s up to!
    Having learned over the years whenever I hear any type of saw start up these days I make sure the car is pointing towards A & E.🤕😥

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Having learned over the years whenever I hear any type of saw start up these days I make sure the car is pointing towards A & E.🤕😥
      You must have the proper clothing and PPE, doing a course is a good idea too, I have hat, goggles, ear muffs, gloves and professional tree surgeons trousers, also wear steel toe cap boots as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post

You must have the proper clothing and PPE, doing a course is a good idea too, I have hat, goggles, ear muffs, gloves and professional tree surgeons trousers, also wear steel toe cap boots as well.
        I just have a husband that was born before electric saws were invented!!!

Comment

• Good Morning All Bright and breezy here. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning, Flo and all.

Bit of a frost overnight, but bright sunshine now, so I'm off out for a walk before the weather changes it's mind.
            Have a good day everybody
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              bright and frosty here today too...looks lovely out there but I think I’ll be staying indoors a while until it warms up.
              Got loads of hazel brash to chop up and hopefully bundle up for starter wood. Needs clearing before the lawn can be mown ....

I did a head count of OH yesterday..one head, two arms and hands....two legs and feet....Have to say, he does wear all the gear - so much so the locals laugh at him .. who cares eh?

so...first things first...time for a brew!
              Last edited by Nicos; 09-03-2021, 09:23 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning we have sunshine will be going for a stroll in between bread baking you have to make the most of the good weather.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, all.

Cold and mostly grey out, but patches of blue just beginning to develop. Another indoor day on the cards, but really want to make some time for weeding. Yesterday's rain and the bright weather forecast for the next few days provide ideal conditions for weed seeds...

Right, better get on with the show. Getting towards the bottom of the bag of Rary's smiles. Will just have to top them up myself. Meanwhile, help yourself to one of the originals.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all. Dull start to the day,
                    off out for a walk as rain is on the way.
                    Have a good day all.
                    Thanks for the smiles Snoop,

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

....I did a head count of OH yesterday..one head, two arms and hands....two legs and feet....Have to say, he does wear all the gear - so much so the locals laugh at him .. who cares eh?

so...first things first...time for a brew!
                      If ever your OH feels the locals are impugning his machismo, show him this -

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fren...20leg%20injury.

And tell him it's so much nicer to dance with a partner who has both legs and all his fingers.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Snoop...I just borrowed the Tardis which seems to have been left in the Gardeners Rest and nipped back to collect a whole pile more of Rary’s smiles for you. They should be on your doorstep by now...I set it to auto pilot... :

Comment

• MH...that’s a good link!
                          “ Encouraged to do a course” ...not compulsory ... bonkers isn’t it?

My OH watched about 10 safety videos on YouTube before he even tried to start his chainsaw. We bought his first one in the uk. And the guys at the farmers market selling it to him insisted he should buy all the safety gear. Cost a fortune, but having seen so many dreadful photos of chainsaw injuries we were happy to pay out.
                          They ran through everything with him before he even left the shop....I think they were legally obliged to?

There is so little health and safety here - probably because it’s not a litigious led society. ‘Accidents happen’ is a common phrase over here.

Comment

Snoop...I just borrowed the Tardis which seems to have been left in the Gardeners Rest and nipped back to collect a whole pile more of Rary’s smiles for you. They should be on your doorstep by now...I set it to auto pilot... :
                            Brilliant, Nicos. Just arrived. I've bobbed them in with the others, they can keep each other company. I have to say, the bag is looking a bit wriggly. Maybe they've got a fit of the giggles!

We have a newish chainsaw. Bought a while back but as good as new, as I think it's only been started once. Mr Snoop hates it.

Comment

• Morning all,sunny here and a bit warmer,no news,how lovely to engage with the new babies ladies,not heard from Rary in a long while,good luck to those with things growing,change of clocks will make make all the difference,have a good day
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

A lot brighter and a tad warmer here today.
                                Just came back from an hour long walk with the dog and it was quite pleasant.
                                Looking forward to my ribeye steak and salad later after my 24 hour fast. Chuffed to bits with my OMAD diet and it could become a diet for life.

TTFN
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X