This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

That was a low temp Snoop I thought our -3.9c was cold. the days when reaches it 20c in my GH I do spend time in there doing odd jobs just to make the most of the sunshine.

Take care.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Much rain was had overnight again. everywhere is absolutely sodden. and there was me hoping to cut the grass this weekend...
      "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
      - Henry Beard

Comment

• ^^^^so it’s your fault then?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. Mild and breezy here.
          Need to go to the post office today.
          Daughter dropping by with my grocery shopping later.
          Going to sow a few more tomato varieties this afternoon.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            ^^^^so it’s your fault then?
            Almost certainly. The trouble is, i will cut it when its wet, not bothered about that. i just cant do it when the mower sinks into the mud!
            - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning....................just, get a hover Peteyd as long as it's not an electric one lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                Morning....................just, get a hover Peteyd as long as it's not an electric one lol.
                Hovercraft would be more suited to my garden. you can actually hear the water running on a still evening.
                - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning all.

Very grey here today. Was drizzling before I got up but currently holding off. Hope it does because I really need to get some digging done soon.

Had a late-night chat with friends over tinternet. Thank goodness for modern technology. First proper conversation we've had with anyone but ourselves since nearly this time last year. Must do this with more friends. Mustn't drink quite as much gin though...

The plan for today (apart from digging) is to rearrange the freezer so I'm not constantly digging out stuff that I only put in a few days ago while stuff I put in months back lurks at the bottom. There's a packet of German potato dumpling things that I know has been in there for well over a year. Bought by Mr Snoop because it had a special offer sticker on it. Better fish that out, though goodness knows what I'll do with 500 g of stodge... I'm not a big gnocchi fan. Maybe I could boil them and then do a bit of bacon and egg and finish off the dumplings off in the bacony fat.

Right, on with the show. Catch you all later. Smiles all round again. Have a good one.

Comment

• Morning its just started snowing here not started to settle yet though.

Snoop this is my fave gnocchi recipe its rather tasty :-

https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/25...quash-gnocchi/
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining here Bren, wonder if it's going to turn to snow? Good luck in the freezer Snoop, you never know what you might find Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

It's still rain here Bren, but no doubt will turn to wet snow later.

The district nurse has just been to give my mum her covid jab. Red letter day!

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

We were lucky...our rain fell during the night and although cloudy , it’s a lot warmer and calm.

That recipe looks lovely Bren.

I always have gnocchi in the freezer ( mostly for OH ) when we’re dieting. He has the same low very low cal food, then the gnocchi to boost his calories as his metabolic rate is waaay faster than mine
                          I tend to gently sauté them from frozen in butter and grate cheese over them.

I have visions of Snoop head first in her freezer with her legs a kimbo frantically trying to get back out again!!!
                          Ireally need to do the same tbh - I think we’ve already eaten half of this years stewed apples whilslt I know there are several bags of 2919/2018 apples lower down

Not sure about today’s ventures...OH is doing the wiring in the camper so needs to concentrate and I know I’ll get in the way...
                          I finally managed to source a second matching mattress as only half our order had been delivered...what use was that?..

Next is the tap...again..

Enjoy your weekend peeps
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good day all.lGot side tracked and cant believe its almost midday.
                            Awful weather here wind, rain and cold with it
                            Nothing planned as of yet but sure somethings will need doing.
                            Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all, not nice out there today, frost overnight and now sleet showers, the sun is trying to peep through, but it's not warming the conservatory much, birds are fed and the fires lit, might go for a walk round the village if it's not too icy later, another lazy day I think, stay safe and warm all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                That recipe looks lovely Bren.

I have visions of Snoop head first in her freezer with her legs a kimbo frantically trying to get back out again!!!
                                Ireally need to do the same tbh - I think we’ve already eaten half of this years stewed apples whilslt I know there are several bags of 2919/2018 apples lower down
                                It does look nice, Bren. While freezer diving, I found a bag of roasted squash. Looks like that could be on the menu at some point. Might even make gnocchi specially for it.

After squashing my internal organs against the edge of the freezer, I went and got a sturdy tool box to stand on. All sorted now and repacked, more to maximise storage than for ease of use. I hope I don't regret that later. Off for a big shop at the crack of dawn tomorrow, so good to know how much space I've got that I can fill. Major finds? Eight bags of blueberries and lots of frozen figs. Didn't realise we had that many. And more frozen broad beans and Brussels sprouts than I expected. Goodness only knows what I'm going to do with the tofu, though. I bought it in a moment of optimism but I don't really like it... Now that Bren has supplied a gnocchi recipe that looks delicious, anyone got a reliable tofu recipe to share?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X