Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thankyou Snoops. The weird thing is that we are all grieving. I went through this 15 years ago. I couldn't stand my partners mother or daughter but they were grieving too. I didn't try to make their grief worse. In fact I lied to them to spare their feelings. It didn't stop them trying to take my home that I was paying the mortgage on away from me. They thought he was. It cost me £66k to keep my own house.

I don't have that sort of money anymore. I just want my children to remember the dad they loved and who loved them. His widow is trying to muddy that and although I know she's grieving surely the more family that remember him and can support her the better.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good Morning All Heavy rain here. Difficult staff meetings today, a lot of sniping going on in one of the teams, but it stops today. Have a good day All
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all

Not raining, so we've made a last minute decision to nip off to market as its opening.
        Not been food shopping for 3weeks so we need to stock up again.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Blue out there at the moment. One weather forecast says this will be all we get and it'll be cloudy for the rest of the day. The other one says bright blue all day and a high of 19 ºC. Very warm. Yesterday was 18 ºC. Not normal. The weeds will be going gangbusters after the snow and rain and now this...

Anyway, Mr Snoop out with the dogs and I'm pretending to do a few fiddly bits of work. As you can see, I'm not.

Good luck at the meeting, FF. Stay safe at the shops, Nicos. And everybody have a good day.

Comment

• Morning all

Snaw again. A three inch covering and snowing like Billy-O.

My dog will love it but I am a bit sick of it now. That's knocked the shopping on the head for today.

Snaw,snaw gan away and come back another day!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I woke up to the smoke alarm going off, my husband flicking at it inaffectually with a tea towel and smoke pouring out of the toaster which he was ignoring. Fortunately no harm done.. All sorted now. Not a good start to the day. I even had to make my own coffee. It's pouring down here and I think it's set in for the day.

Comment

• Morning, rain here today so noting will be done in the garden was hoping it would be dry so I could cut down the raspberries.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning All,

Miserable day today weather wise.

Thanks for the advice Snoop, i'll have a search for the threads. I've see a few videos on how its done, i believe the hard part is getting the water content right.
                  "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                  - Henry Beard

Comment

• Good morning all.Dull and grey but dry.
                    Heavy rain forecast for the afternoon so must get my walk done before that.
                    My grandson is visiting today, he has been studying from home so hadn't been out at all.
                    He has just finished his last assignment and is having exams next week so is taking the day off.
                    So looking forward to seeing him as we haven't seen him since Christmas.
                    Have a good day all whatever you're doing.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, dull and damp here today, but the grounds still frozen, very dodgy underfoot, so that's my excuse for not doing much today lol.

Comment

• Hi guys! Just wanted to draw your attention to this opportunity on the forum, thanks --- https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...-jekka-mcvicar

Comment

• ^Thanks, George. Your position sounds like you should be a Sade song!

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Mild today. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon’all

It’s 11C here at the moment!... feels almost tropical... if it weren’t for a very strong wind

Hibou has been bounding around all night - I think it was a full moon?

I need to get prescriptions collected today but other than that I’m hoping to do a bit of bed clearing although it’s very soggy underfoot.
                              I also fancy getting some chillies and tomatoes started.
                              I bought a black chocolate tomato yesterday called Chocolate strangely enough. ( the container just said ‘Tomates Choco’ ) ‘I’ll keep the seeds back and grow a few,
                              Cant see much info about them , only the cherry version, but these are are about 7cm in diameter. I like experimenting!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all n' all (just to make sure I don't miss anybody).

Very mild here too. Ridiculously warm in fact. Low last night of 6.7 ºC up by the house. We should still be well into the minuses. One of our local TV channels published the record low for my province of minus 20.8 ºC on 12 January, followed by a record high for January nine days later of plus 22 ºC. Bizarre.

Anyway, the warm nights are well timed. The invader cat is definitely a tom and is spraying everywhere. Plus, there's no chance of us catching it and adopting it. And our tom is neutered and has decided he can't take it on. Very stressful for him. So, I'll be locking the cats and the ageing dog in the bedroom with us and leaving the kitchen door open at night so the two younger dogs can roam free and deter the invader.

So, bit of work today and then some digging. Have discussed veg patch with Mr Snoop and have enlisted his help for fencework and sorting out the irrigation. So, I'm in a much better mood this morning. Partly helped by only skimming over the news headlines and not opening a single article.

Hope you all have lovely days.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X