Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning its foggy and frosty out with more snow due might go out for a stroll before the snow falls.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• The trip for the coronavirus vaccine yesterday went very smoothly. The staff were exceptionally helpful, bringing a wheelchair out to the car. No queueing at all. This was through our local doctor's surgery who had rung the in-law the day before to offer the appointment. When he had got a letter to book through 119 or on the internet none of the (not so local) venues on there had wheelchairs available.
      Not sure what I am up to today. It's freezing outside still. Definitely baking a cake though.

Comment

• Morning all.

Rained a fair bit in the night. So maybe no digging today. No putting off the early spring-clean in the kitchen... Gah! Unless I can find some other excuse. However, even the dogs aren't clamouring for a walk yet. Due to brighten up later so that might change matters. Fingers crossed.

Hope you manage to get your mum's vaccination sorted, MH. Not being able to get through must be really frustrating.

Anyway, better shake a leg and see what mischief I can get up to other than cleaning. Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Woke up to a very heavy frost...then it started snowing...then sleeting....then it all melted ..and now it’s lovely and sunny with blue skies.
          II’ve just spoken with my friend in Sweden and they had 3ft of snow overnight
          Cant complain about the weather...it’s lovely to experience the changes!

We had bacon and egg baps this morning...own eggs, own bread and homemade cold smoked bacon. * droools.

I’m struggling to find the right cold water tap for the camper...sort of found 3 which would be fine but it’s finding a supplier which is proving most difficult. More goooogling no doubt will be involved today whilst snuggling down in front of the wood fire.

Have a great day everyone
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, we have sunshine, but it's a very cold wind coming off the snow covered hills, chilled my bones whilst out in the garden, fires lit so I doubt I will be moving far today, will go for a walk just as it gets dark, no one else around then and might see an Owl.

Comment

• Morning all.

Snowing here, has been for an hour. casserole in the oven
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Snow ... not moving anywhere I don't think.

For interest 2 photo's 2010 (6th Jan) and 2021 (24th Jan)
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2010.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	2516192Click image for larger version

Name:	2021.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	2516193

Only differnece is the ponds gone
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

• Good evening all.
                  It's been snowing here on and off all day so an indoor day.
                  My daughter and granddaughter called in for a quick visit.
                  They were out for pain killers as her husband slipped and fractured two bones in his ankle.
                  Another jigsaw on the go now.
                  The eveni gs are definitely getting brighter so it will be seed sowing time soon.
                  Have a good evening all and stay safe and warm.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I can’t do this but I have to. My ex husbands funeral is tomorrow. His widow has banned virtually all of his and mines family. Under normal circumstances she couldn’t do this but currently only 30 attendees are allowed. What they don’t tell you is that that includes the Funeral Personel. They can’t bar us from being outside. I have this awful feeling that this is going to cause a major fight. I’m sitting here crying. I have loved this man since I was13. It was his decision to move on.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

• ^Big hug, Janie. Not much more I can say by way of support. These are terrible times and yours is a terrible situation. Make sure you look after yourself and keep shielding. x

Comment

• Good Morning All It's very frosty here but bright. I'm so sorry Janie, that's awful for you and your family. Hope you find some peace.
                        have a good day All
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning its very crisp under foot today i've only been as far as the GH and gate for milk though. No plans today apart from baking, naans and sourdough.

Stay safe.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Still 'crunchy' and cold outdoors with the added element of windy conditions which make the chill factor even worse.

Its a 'sit by the woodburner' kind of day today.

TTFN
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all, still lots of snow lying since yesterday,
                              Not sure if I will go out, it's very slippery underfoot.
                              Domestics calling do might be an indoor day.
                              Stay safe and have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Beautiful and sunny here today...am just about to go and help with the floor insulation in the camper.

Janie - big hugs from me...maybe you can get a copy of the recording? I contacted the crem direct to say I wanted the link sent to me for my moms funeral and it arrived about 2 weeks later. At least that way you get to see and hear what went on, so don't feel totally excluded.
                                Its only available for a month so you need to download it. I watched my moms a couple of times but I'll not be keeping it...horrendously sad as it was not to have been able to attend.

Tonight is Burns Night...so I've got a Haggis out of the freezer. I bought a few when we were last over last February!

Unless they start making them in Ireland I'll not be able to import them here ever again

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X