Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning its wet and windy here so I won't be going far today, just need to dig up some JA's but that will be it for gardening.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, very hard frost up here again, I cannot recall so many in a row like this in all the time I have lived up here, hopefully it's natures way of cleaning up the place. Must go and feed the birds, take care all and keep safe.

Comment

• Morning, just popping in to say hello, I’m still here!
        Hope you are all doing well under the circumstances. x
        sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Another dull, grey, wet day.
          No plans, just sitting it out st this stage.
          Take care all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning
            Foggy and raining today. A soggy dog walk had . Not a day to be outside otherwise.
            Northern England.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
              Nah...not being lazy!...I’ve been up for hours-honest!

Less spuds for me too this year - mostly because of an ongoing low/ carb free diet.
              I’ll grow Charlottes but will only buy a small bag.
              I was reflecting that when we were a family of 4 and had 3 allotments , we grew 18 rows each with 12 seed potatoes
              It’s no wonder the house was covered in egg trays of chitting spuds at this time of the year!

Its frustrating the rats got my Xmas stash of English spuds cos I do like a few real jacket spuds given half a chance....and could have held a few back each year.
              I’ve yet to find a French variety which cook the same and are really tasty in a jacket spuds sort of way if you know what I mean? Ah well

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• First chance to come on here today. I've just been too busy. Hopefully I have sorted a few problems.......time will tell. At least I've managed to get one relative some pain relief that seems to be working already. I've also been to the supermarket as well for the in-laws and myself. There are some really nice, helpful people out there but also some incompetent ones that really seem unable or unwilling to do their jobs. I must get some bags of potatoes!!!! Wilja are my favourite. Great all rounder and they don't seem to attract too many slugs.

Comment

• Chuffed to bits. I asked on our local gardeners site if anyone was splitting a rhubarb. The post was hijacked and other people got plants. Someone has very kindly left me a root in the passage next to my front door.

I have a corner in my garden which I was at a loss as to do with it. Rhubarb is the perfect solution. It's a bit dark now so it will be planted tomorrow.

Nasty storm last night but my PT hasn't moved and the fences have stayed put.

Thanks for the hug Nicos. I'm shielding so I feel a bit isolated.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Very hard frost out there again. Might rain this afternoon, apparently.

Mr Snoop off out into the big wide world to get veg and pick up any post. The dogs are confused and assume he's all coated, hatted and booted to take them out for a walk.

Didn't manage to finish my work yesterday but definitely will this morning. Then I'll take them on a decent leg stretch.

Have a good day everyone.

Comment

• Raining here. I must visit the fishman today as the stock of cod in my freezer had all been eaten and the in-laws have already put in requests for more fish pie. His fish is much, much fresher than the supermarket's and certainly no more expensive. He has already warned me that he won't have any plaice.
                        Other than this and checking on the in-laws the day is mine.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

We had heavy rain during the night , and there’s a chill wind a’blowin.
                          Domestics call me today...not my favourite idea of spending my time!

Might make a cake and/or a quiche ...our hens seem to be laying more. That’ll make the house smell nice!

The Vine is going down for a few hours now, so see you later peeps!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. Another day, another dollar (wonder who said that?)

Chuffed my dahlias I am trying from seed this year have germinated. Another day of rain forecast today so apart from taking dog for walkies I will be housebound. Having said that my logs in the log store close to the house are dwindling so I may need to go to the top of the garden with a wheelbarrow and get some more from my long term storage area?

TTFN and have a good day!

My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning a quick look around before we go of line its still wet and windy here so I won't be going far, plenty of baking to to keep me occupied though.

take care out there..
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all, wet and foggy up here, not a day for being outside, fires lit and feet will be up for a bit of eyelid inspection in a bit I think, take care all.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X