Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. 80 cm of snow and rising... Can't tell the tops of the trees from the sky, they're all the same colour. Fortunately, we're keeping a sense of humour about it. Open the door and laugh at the shock. It's all you can do, really.

Hope you're all having fun, keeping warm and staying safe.

Comment

• Morning Snoop and all.

80cm snow that's nearly three feet! Wow! I expect to see a photo of a magnificent snowman in your garden Snoop

There's a white frost here, but the fog cleared overnight. We very rarely see much snow here in the middle of the Midlands. Got the Welsh hills to the west, Pennines to the north, and the high moors and downs to the south, so it's only an easterly that manages to make it this far with snow.

Lunch is prepped and ready, roast chicken, roast veg, mash, and H/M apple pie. Have a good day everyone
      Last edited by mothhawk; 10-01-2021, 10:21 AM.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• ^No snowmen, I'm afraid, MH. Any time outside is spent trying to keep openings to places where I know birds roost so they don't get snowed in or out. It really is a shock to see all the snow.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

wow and wow Snoop!
          you've got as much snow as my friends who live in Sweden near the Arctic Circle.
          They are complaining there's usually 3x that at least by now. I'll tell them you're pinching it!

Very heavy frost here but it's all gone now.

More research today...the hob and sink we wanted is unavailable everywhere so we've finally found an alternative. Fitting things into such a small space is REALLY challenging!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• MORNING ALL,like Mothhawk no snow,only the frost and fog,is very cold though,sun is trying but just not enough,been sleeping a lot,had help from family,am not having the fairy,as nothing for her to do,plus covid,tother day,i was asleep in the chair,and woke to find,the beds made,tidy up best as could,pots and washing sorted
            Snoop that is some snow,stay safe all that have the stuff,and be careful of that ice,must get some things done myself,tara4now.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning, still bitterly cold here, kindling has been chopped and birds fed, off for a walk soon across the fields, take care all and stay safe.

Comment

• It’s cold. Morning all. I have to go and remove some building materials from the passageway at the side of my house. The passage belongs to my next door neighbour. It’s covered so a handy place to store odds and ends. He has a builder coming in to dig up the floor as there is a leak that Thames Water have refused/been unable to deal with. This has been going on for at least the last 25 years and we now have a neighbour willing to deal with it.

I have an RSJ in there from when my kitchen was rebuilt 4 years ago. It turned out to be surplus to requirements but I haven’t been able to offload it before. I was having a casual chat about it to my daughter in law who mentioned it to her boss who is a small time developer, and he’s picking it up tomorrow.

I’m trying to get my head round this mornings news from my daughter. Her father died last night. I didn’t hate him. I had to divorce him when he started hitting me. I still love the boy I married, just not the ar$eh0le he turned into. I won’t be allowed to go to his funeral. I always hoped he’d talk to me just one last time.

"I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Oh dear Janie. Sorry to hear that -it's still going to be distressing.At least you have some good memories of happier times.
                  Unsaid words ....I wish my MIL had apologised for her behaviour to me over the years before she died...and strangely that really upset me as much as seeing my OHs distress at her passing. People can be so cruel xxx

How are you feeling now-have you got over that dreadful cold yet?
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Cold’s gone apart from a minor sniffle, now aggravated by crying. At least it’s got 2 of our 3 children talking to each other again. He had already apologised for his behaviour, and til he met his current wife/widow, we stayed very good friends. He wanted us to remarry, but I’d met Brian by then.
                    Last edited by JanieB; 10-01-2021, 01:21 PM.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Big hug, Janie.

Comment

• One of the elderly in-laws fell last night and was taken to hospital. I hope she's okay as there is no visiting allowed. They've already moved her to another hospital (supposedly covid-free). I've just been and checked her flat, turned the heating down and unplugged chargers. She didn't take her phone but at least it looks as if she has her glasses and hearing aids.
                        Glad you're starting to feel better Janie. Sorry about your bad news. Families are so complicated.
                        We have neither snow nor ice here today. It's just dull and grey.

Comment

• Pleased your health is getting better lass,snap about the the kids,2 of our 3 lads have started talking,and are up to now seeing the same hymn sheet to help us,is better late than never,it makes for much more pleasant air around me,the youngest had so much pent up hate,but now keeping it out off our space,he knows he is being kept an eye on ho hum hum ,all we can say is,some good things can come out of sh*t ,not just fruit and veg,we have to hang on in and try to keep the faith as they say,hugs to you,we are here for a chat
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good Morning All Cold and dark here. Have a good day All
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all. Looks like snow is starting to melt? If it melts enough to make the roads passable I may even get to the allotment to take kitchen waste and woodash.

TTFN
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning its dry for now then rain from lunch time, so a quick stroll this morning then baking this afternoon.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X