Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Hugs to you Nicos in difficult times.

Been raining here, well drizzle mostly, since early. Been out for a grocery collection and to the hole in the wall, which wasn't working I'll have to pop to the town one early on Sunday when there's no-one much about.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Have been out with the dog and now just passing the time, had been thinking after reading Jay's post, that with everything that's going, time hasn't the same importance and we go to bed when we want and get up when we want, then what happens, son phones asking if he can drop of youngest grandson at 8 tomorrow as he has to go into the office, shortly after that granddaughter phones asking if I will take her into her work next Wednesday for 8-0-clock, so that means I have to get up at what I now consider 5he middle of the night the things we do for our children
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Just back home from hairdresser, hope they stay open until after my next. Feel for you Bramble, I looked like a shaggy dog last lock down, so don't want to do that again! Raining here, has been all day. Right, apple pie to make for the outlaw. She's having one every week and says she never gets bored with it. I'm fed up with making it but never mind.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon, I’ve made a birthday card but not achieved much else since returning from shopping.

Your hair looks nice Flo
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all, tipping it down out there, I did venture out this morning and completed the washing of the inside of the greenhouse, I was met at the door with the greeting you stink, get your kit off and get in the shower..........................charming!!(That *ay!* fluid does pong though lol).
            Talking of haircuts, I've not had one this year, someone(SWMBO) is not a happy bunny, talks of pony tails and french plaits keep cropping up, I should explain I did go for 25 years without a haircut in my yoof, so I do have previous on this.

Comment

• 25 years without a haircut!!!! You are lucky she didn't get in the shower with you (and a pair of scissors)...... Cue the music from Psycho.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Bit warmer. Have a good day All
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all. Yes, definitely milder today. I plan on doing some mulching with what compost I have while the ground is wet and warm.

Enjoy the day whatever it brings
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

warmer but drizzly here. Think it’s going to be a day for cooking down and freezing more windfalls.
                    They are looking ready to pick now too so on the next dry day we’ll get those wrapped in paper and stored. These will be going in the metal , mouse proof cupboard in the barn ...so “ ner ner “ to the rats wot nicked me spuds!

Yesterday a friend who is downsizing her home popped over with a bag of wool and all her knitting needles etc - and she’s got some lovely ‘extras’ I didnt have.
                    What I really love are the metal needles. Is it just me or does anyone else find the plastic ones don’t glide as well as the metal ones?

We are back into lockdown again At least I have some wool to knit with now!!!! No idea what but it’s lovely to have the option.

Anyone got any Halloween plans? It’s a Bank Holiday here on Sunday ( 1st Nov ) We had decided to get a takeaway seafood platter from an incredible restaurant on the coast but we can’t travel there now. They have offered to deliver- but we’re an hour away and I sort of guess they have no idea about that.

So...before we contact them we’re going to see if any of our friends fancy ordering too so they can make it worth their time and petrol.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning a bit milder here as well no rain yet either

I'll be removing the remaining GH toms today only a couple more need to ripen but I'll do those in the house.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

That's a nice idea, Nicos. Hope you manage to get enough orders together to make it worth their while. I'm sure they'll be glad of the business too.
                        We have rats and they are resisting all trap inducements that we can think of. Not sure what to do next. Don't want to poison them, as I don't fancy dead rats in a place we can't get at without ripping down a whole load of ceiling... If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very grateful.

All good here so far. Bright blue again but a bit chilly. Bit worried the birds are going to have a shock when the cold starts for real next week. Some of them are behaving a bit like they think spring is here.

Loads to do today, as per. Catch you all later. Hope you all have a lovely day. Thinking of you, Nicos.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          A blue sky but its colder today.
                          Need to visit the pharmacy this mornin g to collect my eye drops.
                          Hoping to plant my garlic this afternoon.
                          Off to the park for my walk first of all,

Yes Nicos, I much prefer the metal needles.
                          If you have baby wool going spare you could always knit fro the premature babies.
                          Hospitals are always glad of small handknits.

Havea good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning a nice bright day have been out for a walk and though its nice and sunny there is a bitting wind blowing, going out to the garden and get some work done, catch you later
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Darn.....no seafood platter then. They actually said it wouldn’t matter how many orders we could pull together we are too far away

Ah well....
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                                Morning all.

That's a nice idea, Nicos. Hope you manage to get enough orders together to make it worth their while. I'm sure they'll be glad of the business too.
                                We have rats and they are resisting all trap inducements that we can think of. Not sure what to do next. Don't want to poison them, as I don't fancy dead rats in a place we can't get at without ripping down a whole load of ceiling... If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very grateful.

All good here so far. Bright blue again but a bit chilly. Bit worried the birds are going to have a shock when the cold starts for real next week. Some of them are behaving a bit like they think spring is here.

Loads to do today, as per. Catch you all later. Hope you all have a lovely day. Thinking of you, Nicos.
                                Do you not have a local pest controller Snoop?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X