Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning our rains just started mothhawk and according to the met office its here to stay until Monday around this time

Like Nicos I have apples to sort out gave lots away but it does seem to be a bumper year for them.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Contemplating taking OH for a drive in the country, but not getting out of the car, as she hasn't been out for months. She has severe COPD and Conovirus would kill her.

White frost on the lawn this morning so I will have to get to allotment and harvest my butternuts and outdoor cukes today if I can?

Take care folks!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all. Grey outside but not very chilly. Was due to be bright and warm this morning and then grey and cold later on. Ah well. Rain forecast is still on for this afternoon, so need to get ready for that.

Plus all the usual stuff. Where do the days go? I never seem to be on top of things. Mr Snoop was telling me yesterday it would actually be a good thing if I had less work so I could do other things, namely the garden. He's right of course.

Anyway, better get on with it all. Looks like the rain might start any time now, not this afternoon. Catch you later, guys. Have a good one.

P.S. Great photo, Rary. I'm guessing he went and spent the minnow down the pub rather than bringing home the fish supper he'd promised her and the kingfisherlets.

Comment

• Good morning all.
          A cold but sunny morning here.
          We had the rain all night so its passed over for now.
          No plans just yet do making it up as I go along.

Lovely pic Rary and Nicos comment says it all.p
          Have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. The rain isn't forecast here until this afternoon but the sky is already pretty grey.
            My apples are also good this year. Large and lots of them. I have already given bucket loads of eating apples away. This is the first year that I have had a big crop on the Bramley tree but I am being quite mean with them so far. I've only used windfalls but cooked lots down and made a couple of lots of Indian chutney.
            So far this morning I've got stew going in the slow cooker and mixed a Yorkshire pudding and put it in the fridge.
            I'm not sure if the weather is going to let me do much at the allotment today, we will see.

Comment

• Afternoon All Dentist has put my appointment back another week so I can't be seen until November unless I'm in agony, which luckily at the moment I'm not! I'll be lighter by then as it's uncomfortable to chew, so that's a bonus I suppose Cold here and dull but no rain yet. Enjoy the rest of your day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon all,could not get this to open up shop earlier on,pleased your motor passed Snoop,Rary my tax was taken out,but NO indication of how much,it has been £30,but i thought the price was to go up,i shall find out when i contact the bank,what a lovely pic Rary,if thats the MRS with open beak,then from the looks of his,he darned well diserved it,can almost hear it taking a big gulp as it says cought out AGAIN ,hope all are well,have a good afternoon,and stay safe.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening, well what a day that was, we needed something special that required a trip to Aberdeenshire, so we made a picnic and headed for the hills, I wanted to see Red Deer, Golden Eagle and Mountain Hare. Loaded up the camera and off we went, the pictures weren't great because of the distances involved, my wife cannot climb hills due to Arthritis, so the images were taken from the car.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	BM1K1877.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	393.8 KB
ID:	2509756
                  Red Deer stags on the hillside, these are at last half a mile away, then all of a sudden they were along side us

Name:	BM1K1894.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	2509757

Comment

• Fantastic photos , Burnie.

Comment

• Amazing, Burnie, just amazing. Must have been a great experience. I once remember being on one side of a long valley and a herd of deer came hurtling along the other, leaping over walls and dodging trees. Nothing behind them that we could see - and it was a long valley so probably would have done. Breathtaking sight. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Off into town today. Special dispensation to visit the butcher. Mr Snoop's birthday tomorrow, so slap-up lunch it is.

Also going to try the water heater in the house in town. If you don't hear from me again, you'll know why...

Catch you all later. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• The weather here is truly awful at the minute. Wet, windy and not overly warm. The central heating is on. It is my husband's birthday on Monday too. Last year we went to Blackpool for the weekend stayed in a lovely hotel and went through the illuminations, something neither of us had done since the 1960s. This year it looks as if we're not going far at all. No plans yet for today either.

Comment

• Good morning everybody.

It's grey and rainy here, but actually I don't mind much, because not only is it giving the garden a badly needed watering, but it keeps a lot of people indoors, so instead of the usual Saturday strollers all over the footpaths, I shall have them pretty much to myself. I don't usually go out for a walk at weekends because of weekend walkers that pass too close on the footpaths.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            It's not raining g here yet but it's on it's way.

We have a large herd of deer in our Phoenix Park and they attract so many visitors regularly.
                            Great pics Burnie.

No plans for the day other than pitch and putt but it's down to the weather.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Dismal day. Heating has to go on to dry the washing, but it's not really cold. I'm going to see what's lurking at the back of my fridge. I know there'll be jars of jam and pots of dripping! Have a good day All
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon all, what a difference a day makes, stair rods up here, seems we will get around 4 inches of the wet stuff this afternoon, still we need it and the rivers will have Salmon running so last chance to maybe try and catch one.
                                Glad you liked the pictures, the best action was watching 2 Golden Eagles hunting Red Grouse, the images are poor as they were both very quick, but also a bit too far away.

Name:	IMG_9340.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	2509784

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X