Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is one heap of difficult situations, Nicos. But your mum, that has to be really hard. Terrible in normal times but unimaginable now.

Gf, you are doing an amazing job, looking after your elderly relatives.

Bren, I only use dry yeast, though I have to say I find the Dove's yeast better than any of the others I've tried. A third of the amount of whatever the recipe says for fresh yeast. Because dry yeast lasts so long, you have to keep an eye on the use-by date and store it carefully. Which one do you use?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      Bren, I only use dry yeast, though I have to say I find the Dove's yeast better than any of the others I've tried. A third of the amount of whatever the recipe says for fresh yeast. Because dry yeast lasts so long, you have to keep an eye on the use-by date and store it carefully. Which one do you use?
      I've tried Allinsons and Aldi own make. didn't get as good results as I do with fresh yeast from corm merchant. It must be me because lots use dried yeast.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks peeps. As we speak my mom has been whisked off to A&E in an ambulance.
        Heartbreaking.

On the upside, it was my friends birthday today so we’ve had a bit of a laugh by WhatsApp .Shes really lovely and it’s sad that her family couldn’t be with her today. Not nice being on your own on your burpday is it?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• And Bramble...thanks x

Comment

• Oh the joys of chasing a shrew around the bedroom

Comment

• Good Morning All Cool and dark. I have toothache, had to share. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Hope things are ok for your mum Nicos x
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all
                  ouch..toothache?
                  Hope it calms down quickly and isn't anything major Flo?
                  Is it easier to get dental appointments yet?

Thanks Flo. Been waiting to hear all night how my mom is getting on.
                  Hopefully no news is good news I just hope she's not been stuck in A&E all night....she was still there at 10 pm. Can't see her being sent home alone at that late hour.

I've not wasted time cos I now know (thanks to YouTube) how to refit/ cover treads and risers on our two sets of stairs
                  Guess what we'll be doing today?

It is still very dark ain't it? We have a clear sky and Mars and Venus are stunningly bright at the moment.
                  Last edited by Nicos; 28-09-2020, 04:57 AM.

Comment

• Morning just had our our first frost of the season only 3.3c in the GH overnight its not much now there's frost still were the suns not hit it.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your mum, Nicos. Big hug.

Toothache is horrible, FF. Hope you manage to get it sorted.

Bren, maybe give the Dove's yeast a go. It'd be handy to have in case you can't get any fresh yeast in the event of more Covid restrictions. It's definitely better than the others I've tried (Allinsons and Hovis). A friend brought me over four packets of Dove's from the UK last autumn that saw me through lockdown. I've got just over a packet left, but after that it's Allinsons (still in date but I'm reluctant to waste flour on it) and a huge pack of French stuff I bought online. Fingers crossed that does OK.

Anyone heard from LD? Hope everything's going OK.

Not as cold last night as forecast and wind is definitely dying down, thank goodness. Loads of work on the go again. Probably going shopping end of the week. Felt like the SALT negotiations yesterday when we were talking about it: who's going to which shop, how long I'm allowed to spend there and so on.

Anyway, time to get today's show on the road. Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Well after a beautiful sunny weekend it's as dull as ditch water here this morning.
                        Definitely a day for domestics.

Flo, maybe try toothache remedy.
                        Tidying out the presses the other day I came upon my little bottle of toothache remedy. Forgot I even had it.

Nicos hoping you hear some good news about your mam, difficult when you are so far away.

Well, have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, thinking of you and your mum Nicos, big hugs! xox

It’s chilly and damp today after the last few beautiful days. Been a few walks and going to try for a walk on the beach today.

Have a lovely day everyone. x
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Bren, maybe give the Dove's yeast a go. It'd be handy to have in case you can't get any fresh yeast in the event of more Covid restrictions. It's definitely better than the others I've tried (Allinsons and Hovis).
                            Thanks Snoop I’ll look out for Doves next time I’m out shopping.

Comment

• After a really good sleep we went to the allotment. I had no motivation at all. I went to a local garden centre in search of a birthday present and got a part of one. Then went to local aldi. Amazingly they had bread flour for the first time in months. This is really good because it means I don't have to visit a "big " supermarket in the near future. While wrapping the aforementioned birthday present I discovered the box from the garden centre was empty!!! Aaaarregggghhhh!!!!
                              I have been in touch with them. They will change it tomorrow. Evidently the box I picked up was the box that the display model was taken from. I never noticed as I already had hands full of Winter onion sets and strimmer line, etc. Etc.
                              Last edited by greenishfing; 28-09-2020, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• That’s the sort of thing I’d do gf

Happy to say my mom is home with a change of medication. Always a worry ....Thanks everyone for you kind thoughts...they worked!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X