Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh...forgot to say that the tomato is still on the plant, I think it will cope with keaving another couple of days, especially as it's so sunny here at the moment.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Had a lovely couple of hours with fairy,we been cooking cakes,tomorrow will be dinners for the freezer,the youngest was a pain earlier on,i read the riot act ,and tolled him to be quiet i did not want to hear it,all quite since,was tolled about noise of him shouting ext in the street,we cannot hear it being in the back,roll on the move,you love em,but nothing in law says you have to like em,and what they do grrr,talk of tomatoes,must go and pick what there is to roast,ahead of making some lasagna tomoz,did one yesterday no passata,just a veg selection and the white sauce,ordinary grated cheese on top,so much nicer,got to get some more jars in later on,ooh and mice for mr's shepherds pies,maybe another time do some chicken and mushroom/veg topped with potato,always handy to have something to go at ready done,epecially when you got help that clears everything up afterwards ,she said will miss our cooking sessions when we gone,as she learnes from me,was'nt that nice.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good idea, LD and Nicos. I've not tried lambs lettuce but just ordering some now. That reminds me, this spring I collected some seeds from the miner's lettuce (claytonia) that grows wild on the local hill. Must find that and sow it too.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mothhawk there's also pea shoots they're always nice to have with a salad.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
            Morning sunny to start with but its just started raining here not what I wanted when the washing machines just finished, never mind there's always the dryer. .
            Our dryer has became a dirty washing receptacle since we got the woodburner. Got one of those driers on a winch for when the sun doesn't shine
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good luck with your downsizing LD. We could really do with a bungalow in our auld age but bungalows are more expensive than houses!
              Just finished eating Toad-in-the hole with gorgeous onion gravy. The recipe was supposed to be for four people but me and OH polished the lot off.

Trout fishing tomorrow for a few hours so that is summat to look forward to.

TTFN

PS Thanks for asking Nicos, luckily Kato isn't limping any more, I think like me, he has probably got a touch of arthritis as he is nearly 13 years old which I believe is quite old for a Siberian Husky?
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                got to get some more jars in later on,ooh and mice for mr's shepherds pies,

Comment

• Good evening all.
                  it was a busy day.
                  Tidied the greenhouse, cut down some tomato plants that were finished. Packed some seeds that were drying on the shelf. Dead headed all the flowers, pulled some weeds and dug over the bed where the sweetpeas were.
                  PUt all the containers of lily bulbs under cover and replaced them with the containers of daffodils
                  Every year when I do this changeover thr seasons seem to be going faster.
                  Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Snoop,well spotted ,no mice were hurt ,it should have read mince hahahahahaha,plus the jars are the white pasta sauce,however i was tempted to try some rhubarb and ginger wine stuff,none alcoholic,but left it where it was.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Surprise! Surprise! Yet again the weather is ignoring the forecast and it is grey, miserable and drizzling persistently.
                      We were going to go down to the allotment for a couple of hours or so but the weather needs to behave itself first.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                        Looking dull here too. Yesterday we had hot sunshine between heavy downpours, so it’s been humid too. I did manage to get more weeding done but it’s a bit like painting the Forth Bridge at the moment

Not quite sure what today will bring but ,as ever, there’s enough to get on with

Time for a brew....anyone care to join me?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning it looks like being a dry dull day here with temps up to 20c so hopefully I'll get my tall pea frame dismantled today that's if the forecast doesn't alter to rain again.
                          Enjoy your day
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Hazyish cloud and so far cool. Forecast for high of mid to top 20s today.

The hens are having a whale of a time free-ranging now the temps have dropped a bit. Plus, they've had some boiled rice for extras at breakfast and Mr Snoop has bought them a bag of split corn for treats. They're the best chickens we've ever had and we'll be glad to help them head into winter in fine fettle.

Have moved my office back upstairs. I just have to relearn how to arrange my feet and legs to accommodate hounds under my desk. They will enjoy the company not very comfortable for me... One, weighing in at 33 kg, is already flat out across my feet.

Busy work day ahead. Plus friend up the valley coming for a very socially-distanced supper. So, better get going.

Have a good one everyone. Catch you later.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              A very dull morni g but its 18 dogs.
                              Forecast says no rain but the sky looks ominous.
                              No plans for the day but I am sure something will come up.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all, been fishing on our local beach only had one smallish Flounder, which went back to grow bigger, rather windy, but nice to blow the cobwebs away, had the beach to my self which was nice.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X