Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all from a warm and sunny Dublin.
    Off out to play pitch and putt today.
    BBQ tonight for my son in laws 50th birthday so something to look forward to.

Sorry to hear about your fall Rary.
    Take it easy today.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, beautiful here but not very warm...18 degrees.
      rary, hope you are ok after your fall, it can happen so easily! Don’t worry if you have to go to A&E to have yourself checked out, the hospitals are very well prepared, just remember your mask and hand sanitiser. When I’ve been to hospital I also change and wash whatever clothes I’ve been wearing right away. I’ve had no worries on my recent visits.
      Don't think I’m doing much today...just a potter around the garden and maybe a walk later.
      Nicos, Hibou had the right idea, glad she was ok though!!
      Wishing you all a lovely day. x
      sigpic

Comment

• Good day, dry but cool here overnight temperature in the greenhouse was 8c and looking round the garden it looks as if several plants have been hit by the cold nights we have had recently, thankfully when I got up this morning my leg was fine my big worry was that I would need to get the knee replaced as the life expectancy of replacements is abou 15 years and I have had mine 12 years my finger and upper arm were stounnin (paine pulsing through them) overnight and a new experience to me awake several times thinking how close I was to a very serio us accident and after the sympathy from OH came the telling off for going out with slippers, so it's back to stoken soles or bare feet for me
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all,to hot to go out,RARY you copy cat,trips come unawares,it's also the shock your general system gets,look after yourself,i was recomended voltarol on none cut areas,and paracetamol,it did help,it will take a few weeks,mine are still not right,but can get around.
          I currently feel a lot more positive since my decision,BUT it is tread very carefully for now, in all directions ,i have plans on paper,and had lots of chats with some family,it will be hard work,but i have been strong thus far,so get legal matters done,with help spruce up the intrior,then some family will come over,and we all chat to MR,and hope he will agree,if not ,the ofspring will have a date,how i feel with the current support just proves i really need to do it,MR is aware i have not been good,last thing i want is,for him to thing it's because of him,it is NOT,i now realize i have to come in somewhere for the better,am determined he is NOT going into a home,unless no other option,thanks for listening again,have a good day,stay safe,and Bggod2yourself
          Last edited by lottie dolly; 08-08-2020, 12:52 PM. Reason: put a rong worn in
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
            Morning all.

You could try lemon meringue roulade, Nicos. Surprisingly easy, especially now you've got the lemon curd made for the creamy filling. It's on my list of things to make again when (if) we ever get enough visitors.
            welll.....guess what I made?
            Yup -my first ever roulade!

Thing is.....
            I had 6 egg yolks to use up rather than 4 so I upped the other ingredients by 50% too

And now have a roulade for 12 people!!!

it did roll pretty well, but still takes up most of the shelf in the fridge

Good job I'm not dieting at the moment
            Will it last 2days...3 at a push?????
            Te hé.....I guess breakfast is sorted here too

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nightmare LD. A friend of mines husband died yesterday and she’d been dealing with this and children for several years. I can’t tell her or you that it will be OK. But, actually, it will.

Right, back to why I’m posting. I was going to post on the “Under cover” threads but am too embarrassed. I put my poly tunnel up in April. I then lost most of my get up and go. My kitchen looks like a greenhouse. I’ve lost a lot of plants that germinated perfectly because I didn’t move them on. My resolve seems to have reappeared but it got too flipping hot.

My PT is in old money 6’6” x 10’6”. I’ve put in grow bag trays and grow bags (this is grow bags not grobags). I can’t grow anything directly from the soil as there are too many tree roots, which is why it is where it is. The trays are about a foot wide and I’ve arranged them around the outside with a potting bench. This actually leaves an approx wasted area of 4’ x 8’. I’m trying to think of how to utilise the space as I only need about 18” to walk down. I have a major problem with slugs and snails and every container has copper tape

Just waiting until the day cools down.

"I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

welll.....guess what I made?
                Yup -my first ever roulade!

Thing is.....
                I had 6 egg yolks to use up rather than 4 so I upped the other ingredients by 50% too

And now have a roulade for 12 people!!!

it did roll pretty well, but still takes up most of the shelf in the fridge

Good job I'm not dieting at the moment
                Will it last 2days...3 at a push?????
                Te hé.....I guess breakfast is sorted here too
                No idea how long it will last in the fridge. The one I made was gone in next to no time. I didn't have much success with rolling it. Just kind of flipped the top over. Still looked the part. Sounds like you need to get eating it just to free up fridge space. I keep thinking that if I could find a smaller roulade tin, I could make one for just the two of us...

Comment

• I’m in my lounge with all the doors open. It has very thick walls and is the other side of the house from the sun and I am melting!
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• Evening,we have melted,thanks JanieB,i know things will be all well,we have to keep the faith ,so sad for your friend,condolances to all,ref gardening,that's been me,and could be next also,sometimes,we just have to let things go,and just breath,before we can come up for air again no need to be embarrassed at all lass,
                    That sounds brill Nicos,think i would eat it till i was ,it is cruel to let it sit there just gawping at you teasing,every time the fridge door was open,hey could you not cut it into reasonable portions and freeze,
                    Snoop am sure the did not alter the taste hehehehe,after all that IS what counts,when tis for ourselves
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                      Nightmare LD. A friend of mines husband died yesterday and she’d been dealing with this and children for several years. I can’t tell her or you that it will be OK. But, actually, it will.

Right, back to why I’m posting. I was going to post on the “Under cover” threads but am too embarrassed. I put my poly tunnel up in April. I then lost most of my get up and go. My kitchen looks like a greenhouse. I’ve lost a lot of plants that germinated perfectly because I didn’t move them on. My resolve seems to have reappeared but it got too flipping hot.

My PT is in old money 6’6” x 10’6”. I’ve put in grow bag trays and grow bags (this is grow bags not grobags). I can’t grow anything directly from the soil as there are too many tree roots, which is why it is where it is. The trays are about a foot wide and I’ve arranged them around the outside with a potting bench. This actually leaves an approx wasted area of 4’ x 8’. I’m trying to think of how to utilise the space as I only need about 18” to walk down. I have a major problem with slugs and snails and every container has copper tape
                      Janie I have the same problem with my greenhouse as there are a number of trees surrounding my garden so what I have done is put a concrete floor down and made a raised bed with decking timber lined with polethene, you could always do something similar with heavy duty weed membrane if you made a wooden box and rather than just sitting it on top of the membrane you bring the edges of the membrane up the outside of the box and tack it on to prevent any root access you then have a raised bed you could use for growing some veg over the winter, the reason I would use the membrane is that the water would pass through it and avoid waterlogging
                      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 08-08-2020, 07:01 PM.
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• LD....I could hug you!!!

yes...I've just checked and it can be frozen!...phew!
                        Thanks for the idea
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^Yes, I was looking through a recipe book last night and it too said it could be frozen. So maybe that's the answer. I froze a carrot cake in portions the other day and we're making our way through it, a piece a day each. We'd have scoffed the lot in next to no time, otherwise.

Anyway, morning everyone.

Temperatures are beginning a slow descent from today onwards. Thank goodness. Went out with the dogs at 6 am this morning. It's a good time for walking them. Now in the basement with the same two dogs as yesterday.

Busyish day today. So better get on with things. Hope you all have a good one. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning we have misty rain the sort you can't really see but you feel damp, its a nice change from the heat. so a good day to weed and dead head.

Enjoy your Sunday.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Got a bit of pain this morning and OH reckons I've got sciatica? Wonderful, that's just summat else to add to the list. I'll see how I manage walking the dog?

I need to get sorted as I still have three ginormous paving flags to lay at the front after I dig out a lot of an embankment.

That's something to look forward to......not.

Anyway, thats enough of my troubles, there are a lot of people, including viners who make my problems pale into insignificance.

Take care everyone, whinge over..
                              Last edited by Snadger; 09-08-2020, 07:51 AM.
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good Morning All Cooler than yesterday and cloudy. Have a lovely Sunday
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X