Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gosh lottie...what a time you have had ....let’s hope things settle quickly for you now and you manage to enjoy what’s left of the summer.
    You have been very much missed on here xxxx
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening, welcome back Lottie you’ve been missed hopefully things will improve for you from now on xx
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• AWE thanks friends,thanks rary,you have a good heart,sometimes we just have to take time out,i know what is coming,and have to just accept it,otherwise i will go mad,i have lost a lot of him,he still knows most peeps,but forgets a whole lot of the past,the main thing that gets to me is the ofspring,i hide a lot from MR,i got plenty of tissue's when needed,peeps say come round for a natter in the garden,but i will not leave him,some do come to ours,when peeps phone i always put him on to exchange hello's,he says' wish i knew what is up with me,i simply say it's all from the strokes you had,and need help,and cannot help how is,and that he is loved by all,i feel i have to tell him something,not just get from here to there ,even if it not register,he is still human after all,thanks again peeps,when we down the only way is UP
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• You are so lovely lottie - your OH is so lucky to have you xx

Comment

• Lottie tell him you love him, there is a lot of power in those words, you are in my prayers
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Just popped in now..delighted to see you back with us again Lottie. Stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, got the telegraph pole in place and cleared a some ground now need to wait till I empty the cabbage patch, also did some weeding and sowed some pak choi in the garden but might try some in modules tomorrow, well now will get to bed, not for any beauty sleep as some folk think I might need, but because I'm tiered. Goodnight
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull again here. Have a good day All
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I looked up “here” Florence Fennel as previous site ( I think) used to display folks location. I don’t find the new gyo website format as Jolly as before. Have some regulars left as I no longer spot their names.
                    I guess the old Gyo needed re potting but somehow the sparks gone.

Comment

• Good morning folks

Sunny for now but forecast to be overcast later. Only 9C (for early August... ). Supposed to warm up as the week progresses though.
                      Not sure what's on the cards for today, so catch you later
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Yes, LD. Since my mum moved in with my brother and his wife, not only has her life improved immeasurably, but mine too. But here's my advice, take the maximum care package available. Don't make out you're super capable (even though you are) and don't suggest your family will help out more than they really will. If the care package is bigger than you find you need, you can always cancel some of the support later. But in addition to the care provided to my dad, what my mum needed and something that she left too late for it to be any good for my dad or her was something that enabled her to go off and do her own thing. Go shopping, go and have a coffee and a natter with a neighbour, whatever. If anyone suggests a club for a few hours, don't feel like you're letting the side down or that you shouldn't leave him. He'll be with trained professionals. You need some time for you too.

Comment

• Morning, it was only 9c here earlier here as well MrB on the bright site at least it wasn't raining along with it.

Enjoy your day
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Morning Bobbin. Always good to have more contributions that raise the jolliness quotient and keep the spark alight. Looking forward to reading yours.

So, a bit breezy here today, a respite from the heat wave, which is due to pick up again tomorrow. Plenty to do indoors, unfortunately. In fact, if I was being sensible, I'd probably make a list of all the jobs I've got to do in a bid to feel more productive as I cross them off. Only trouble is I find it demoralising carrying things over from one day to the next.

Still, nothing like getting started for getting things eventually done. So, on with the show. Catch you later guys. Have a good one meanwhile.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                              Looks like summer has returned for a few days...could have done with some rain though as the stored water is depleting.

Good to see you on here bobbin -I was only thinking of you the other day-how is your second plot coming on?...you had said you were creating a cutting patch ...bet it looks delightful!
                              Sadly I've neglected my flower patches in the garden but the perennials are looking good. It's made me think though that apart from geraniums this might be the way forward for me as it's much less demanding on my time - can you recommend some hardy cutting perennials I could focus on adding to my garden?
                              It's a tricky one for me and I've not really got my head around it as we have very dry hot summers (40°C at times) and cold wet winters (down to -18°C at times) Oh and we have voles which adore munching tubers

Any recommendations from anyone would be gratefully appreciated!

Not sure what today will bring but I do need to return a temporary router to a shop so it looks like a trip into town is in order at some point today.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                Not a great day here either.
                                Dark clouds and breezy and 16 degs.
                                Domestics for me today.
                                Stay safe all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic